The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #15,031 of 24,807

Quote:
The Joke was...

Just not that funny. Yes, Stax's website sucks. Compared to operations like Sennheiser, Stax is teeny tiny. I would much rather they devote what resources they have to building world conquering headphones. Sony can't be bothered, Sennheiser isn't interested in stats, and Ultrasone seems to be mostly concerned about how shiny the baffles are. Waiting for the ED10 Unobtanium Edition. Grado's website may not be quite as bad, but it's still fairly terrible even by the standards of 10 years ago. What's their excuse?

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #15,032 of 24,807

Quote:
@ livewire: Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone bought stuffs from EIFL recently? I learned from the STAX threads here that they offer very good deals on STAX earspeakers and amp. I googled the website and sent a few inquiry for a quote, yet didn't hear back from them. In addition, I kept reading people mentioned dealing with a guy named Koji, yet I can't find his contact info. Are they still in business? Any info will be appreciated.
beyersmile.png

http://www.eifl.co.jp/index/export/stax/stax.htm

You should use their "inquiry" form (if you didn't), rather than their email address.  And direct your inquiry to Koji.  I got a response within an hour via that technique.

HOWEVER... you'll be disappointed to find that their prices are "way higher" than those listed on their web site.  A $1900 007 is actually $2300.  Either a "way dated" web site... or... the old "bait and switch" game.  Either way - I'll take a pass! 

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #15,034 of 24,807
Like for Bond achieving 00 status, you do not get your full entry to the mafia until you kill two dynamic headphones.

Quote:
Finally took the brave step and submitted my application to the STAX mafia. My SRM-600 + SR-507 should arrive next week :)

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #15,036 of 24,807

Quote:
Like for Bond achieving 00 status, you do not get your full entry to the mafia until you kill two dynamic headphones.

I don't see that as much of a requirement.

You usually have to Liquidate about 4 sets of good canz to be able to afford them!

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #15,037 of 24,807

Quote:
Nice pick :)  Let us know what you think when you get it.

Thanks + sure! I´ve only heard a 404 Signature system with the 006 tube hybrid amp before. Already loved that (so effortless, polite and crystal clear), even though it´s considered to be a flawed STAX product compared to the 404LE etc :) The SRM-600 seemed like a good choice as it´ll have nice resale value, and in specs is close to the top of the line 007 amp (340 voltage swing and same distortion rate). I´ll admit the whole "only 600 made" is a nice bonus too. STAX has also been demonstrating the 507 with the SRM-600, and I read a few positive comments about the pairing. 

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #15,038 of 24,807

Quote:
And Singlepower's been out too. Who's left to build a decent Stax Omega amplifier???? I have an Omega coming and nothing to plug it into...

KGSS lead time is 2 YEARS???? Blue Hawaii is out of my price range. Stax 717 is tough to get. This is pretty depressing for having spent so much money and no good amplification options.

Well there are also these
http://www.mcalisteraudio.com/

http://www.dddac.de/tp08.htm

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #15,040 of 24,807

Quote:

You should use their "inquiry" form (if you didn't), rather than their email address.  And direct your inquiry to Koji.  I got a response within an hour via that technique.

HOWEVER... you'll be disappointed to find that their prices are "way higher" than those listed on their web site.  A $1900 007 is actually $2300.  Either a "way dated" web site... or... the old "bait and switch" game.  Either way - I'll take a pass! 

That is bad about the price changes.  That did not happen with me when I have dealt with EIFL.  Possibly due to the appreciation of the Yen vs the US $. 

When I bought my 007A from them it was $1,820.00, shipping included, but that was in 2008.

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #15,044 of 24,807
Has anyone purchased any Stax products through "Alibaba.com," or a company named "Adi Dinamika" in Jakarta?

They're prices are great - perhaps, to good to be true. 

No matter how great their prices, I won't be buying anything from them, unless I can do so with PayPal, or MasterCard with full buyer protection. 

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #15,045 of 24,807
Has anyone purchased any Stax products through "Alibaba.com," or a company named "Adi Dinamika" in Jakarta?

They're prices are great - perhaps, to good to be true. 

No matter how great their prices, I won't be buying anything from them, unless I can do so with PayPal, or MasterCard with full buyer protection. 

I dunno about that. It says you need to buy minimum of 2 sets and that they get 120 sets a week. Looks pretty sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back