The Stax Thread III
Jan 21, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #10,936 of 25,665
Doesn't all the DSP EQ processing mess with the NOS rational of your Audio Note DAC?

I don' think it does. I don't upsample, just send it through as Redbook 44.1.

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #10,939 of 25,665
> I have e.g. trouble reading the transistor types.

Which ones are you interested in? I can check it for you. I have an SRM-T1 Normal/Pro here that I got modded on the PSU and a handful of parts, but not the transistors.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #10,940 of 25,665
Which ones are you interested in? I can check it for you. I have an SRM-T1 Normal/Pro here that I got modded on the PSU and a handful of parts, but not the transistors.

Thanks. The type of Q1 (the JFETs at the input) would be fine for the moment.

Nevertheless a readable schematics would be fine, as I try to find an error (distortion at high levels in one channel) and it would help not having to ask for every component in doubt.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #10,946 of 25,665
  Dear all,

Can someone point me to an after-market headphone hard case which the SR009 can fit into?  I still have the original wooden case but it looks too delicate to be used on a day-to-day basis.

Thank you

A pelican style case with pick & pluck foam should do the job.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #10,948 of 25,665
  Thanks. The type of Q1 (the JFETs at the input) would be fine for the moment.

Nevertheless a readable schematics would be fine, as I try to find an error (distortion at high levels in one channel) and it would help not having to ask for every component in doubt.

probably 2sk389GR

have you checked the rails and are the LEDs at top/bottom of the 2.stage lit?

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #10,949 of 25,665
have you checked the rails and are the LEDs at top/bottom of the 2.stage lit?

Yes.

Below about 80% of the full volume the channel sounds fine. I hear suddenly a distortion, in a sine signal, when it gets above that. The other channel is fine. Swapping headphone, inputs or tubes does not change that.
The only difference  in measurements (in circuit) between the channels, I found up to now, is a different Id/Vgs behavior of Q1 ... so I wanted to look up the specs.

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #10,950 of 25,665
  Yes.

Below about 80% of the full volume the channel sounds fine. I hear suddenly a distortion, in a sine signal, when it gets above that. The other channel is fine. Swapping headphone, inputs or tubes does not change that.
The only difference  in measurements (in circuit) between the channels, I found up to now, is a different Id/Vgs behavior of Q1 ... so I wanted to look up the specs.

whats the DC on the anodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back