The Stages of Audio / Video Ownership
Jun 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

N0sferatu

500+ Head-Fier
Found this posted elsewhere and thought it was an interesting thought.  What's your take on it?

The 4 Stages of A/V Equipment Ownership

Stage 1 - Enthusiasm: Wow, night and day. This is what I was looking for. Don't know why anyone would ever need to spend more.

Stage 2 - Realism: Still think it sounds really good, but maybe I can tweak things to fix some issues I'm beginning to notice and make it even better.

Stage 3 - Obsession: Tweaking helped, but there are still problems. Starting to focus on the problems every time I turn it on.

Stage 4 - Acceptance: I can't stand it any more. I need to upgrade.

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Stage 5: REPEAT

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't know. I ended with stage 1 when it comes to video. I didn't have a TV from 1999 until this January. Bought a nice 42" flatscreen and haven't had the slightest urge to upgrade or even tweak. I've been catching up on movies and TV series on DVD.

I've upgraded a bit with audio, but feel like I'm in the end game. Haven't bought any new audio goodies for two years and am really happy with my rig. When Sennheiser rolls out a new flagship, I'll probably buy it. I'm almost at the end of the road with speakers, too.

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Haha so true. Unfortunaly I usually reach stage 4 in a week. Stage 5 (repeating)  takes a lot longer, since my boss (wallet) keeps me from starting all over again for a lot of time. 
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 5
I've never been much of a videophile, and I'm more in audio for the love of the hobby, the music, and the community than just having problems with my setup. I love my equipment, but I just love new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back