The Soundstage Head Club
Oct 11, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #428 of 439
I'm finding a IEM with best soundstage, balance , under 500$. Can you help me?

The 64 Audio line-up gives excellent soundstage and instrument placement.

The presentation moves out in front with almost no sense of the music being channeled down your ear canals. Much like the difference between closed full-size cans and open-back.

They also relieve the pressure inside your ear without losing bass due to a lack of seal. I can wear mine for hours without fatigue.

The U3 (universal 3 driver) is right at the top of your budget. 64 Audio has had Black Friday pricing the last few years.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #429 of 439
z
The 64 Audio line-up gives excellent soundstage and instrument placement.

The presentation moves out in front with almost no sense of the music being channeled down your ear canals. Much like the difference between closed full-size cans and open-back.

They also relieve the pressure inside your ear without losing bass due to a lack of seal. I can wear mine for hours without fatigue.

The U3 (universal 3 driver) is right at the top of your budget. 64 Audio has had Black Friday pricing the last few years.

Thank man! I haven't known about 64 Audio before. :D Is it the best choice? Any competitors?

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #430 of 439
I would add Co-Donguri SHIZUKU to this illustrious list.

See here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ocharaku-co-donguri-iem

Buy Here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-63682

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #431 of 439
Maybe posted earlier in the thread but a tough read and very hard to search.

Anyways, I just bought Audeze EL-8 Open and the sound is simply incredible. Very wide and open soundstage (imo), exceptional instrument separation, and very well balanced sub/low/mid/high. I love the sound.

But, I travel a lot. And I tried the EL-8 Open on the plane and while ok, certainly not ideal. 

So I'm looking for hopefully an IEM that has fairly decent isolation, but a somewhat wide soundstage and similar, balanced, sound signature to Audeze EL-8O. Any ideas??

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #432 of 439
I don't understand people that prefer a smaller soundstage saying it is more "natural" and the HD800 has an "unnaturally" wide soundstage. From my experience, the hd800 is the closest to presenting sound in a real life like manner but still falls quite obviously short compared to good speakers. Any headphone besides the HD800 has an unnaturally shallow and small soundstage and even my former favorite Q701 soundstage just seems small now and the Beyer T1 is no exception either. Headphones like the HD600 with an even smaller soundstage are usually praised for being neutral with a "natural soundstage" and life like representation but it is the furthest from the truth and they have a very distinct "headphone sound" to them that is the complete opposite of natural. Every headphone with the exception of the HD800 and K1000 have a very distinct "headphone sound" that can be very distracting now that I see it. I can understand that people can become accustomed to the head stage of a headphone, but I think they should realize that this is a very distinct headphone sound that won't be found anywhere in real life.

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #433 of 439
I don't understand people that prefer a smaller soundstage saying it is more "natural" and the HD800 has an "unnaturally" wide soundstage. From my experience, the hd800 is the closest to presenting sound in a real life like manner but still falls quite obviously short compared to good speakers. Any headphone besides the HD800 has an unnaturally shallow and small soundstage and even my former favorite Q701 soundstage just seems small now and the Beyer T1 is no exception either. Headphones like the HD600 with an even smaller soundstage are usually praised for being neutral with a "natural soundstage" and life like representation but it is the furthest from the truth and they have a very distinct "headphone sound" to them that is the complete opposite of natural. Every headphone with the exception of the HD800 and K1000 have a very distinct "headphone sound" that can be very distracting now that I see it. I can understand that people can become accustomed to the head stage of a headphone, but I think they should realize that this is a very distinct headphone sound that won't be found anywhere in real life.

Funny, as I personality cannot stand the soundstage on the Q701 and have to use DSP a bit to fix it. :D

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #434 of 439
Funny, as I personality cannot stand the soundstage on the Q701 and have to use DSP a bit to fix it.
biggrin.gif

Depends on where your expectations are. Many people have become accustomed to the "headphone sound" and prefer that when listening to headphones, for me I want to feel immersed like I am not using a headphone and truly hearing a performance, with my own biases of a mid forward sound though. No problems if that's what you prefer though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back