The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
May 4, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #571 of 775
Im speaking for T6:

1: YES
2: NO ( Only when diconnect from PC )
3: YES ( but my unit sometimes discharges when I do not turn off BT before shut down )

Can confirm that this applies to the Rocker 1.2 firmware as well.

Also, for #1, Yes, and if you want to play music while charging plugged into a computer, you need to use a low power USB cable (the one I have that works came with a cheap 2200mAh power bank).

My unit is also Rockboxed, so I'll go over the answers with that firmware.

1. The initial build of Rockbox on the Rocker/T6 did not support USB disk mode, so it would charge and play when plugged into the computer always, but you had to use the original firmware or an sd card reader to manage the files on your player. A recent update now allows Rockbox to use disk mode, but if you want to listen and charge while plugged into a computer you can still do that, you just have to hold in a button on the player before you plug it in (but any USB cable will work, not just a low power one).
2. No, it only scans the content to build the database when you tell it to (WARNING, setting the database to auto update causes the player to freeze, requiring you to edit your config file manually to get Rockbox working again), and even when it does, it takes a significantly less amount of time than the Rocker/T6 firmware does.
3. Yes.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #572 of 775
Can confirm that this applies to the Rocker 1.2 firmware as well.

Also, for #1, Yes, and if you want to play music while charging plugged into a computer, you need to use a low power USB cable (the one I have that works came with a cheap 2200mAh power bank).

My unit is also Rockboxed, so I'll go over the answers with that firmware.

1. The initial build of Rockbox on the Rocker/T6 did not support USB disk mode, so it would charge and play when plugged into the computer always, but you had to use the original firmware or an sd card reader to manage the files on your player. A recent update now allows Rockbox to use disk mode, but if you want to listen and charge while plugged into a computer you can still do that, you just have to hold in a button on the player before you plug it in (but any USB cable will work, not just a low power one).
2. No, it only scans the content to build the database when you tell it to (you can have it do this automatically as well), and even when it does, it takes a significantly less amount of time than the Rocker/T6 firmware does since it generally runs in the background.
3. Yes.

Thanks breeman. With the Rockbox firmware, can you play it while charging from a power bank?

May 4, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #573 of 775
Thanks breeman. With the Rockbox firmware, can you play it while charging from a power bank?

Yes, you can use any power source, but you always have to press and hold a button when you plug it in, otherwise it'll switch into USB disk mode (even though what you're plugging it into, isn't a computer).

With the Rocker/T6 firmware, it knows when it's being plugged into a regular power source and not a computer, and will only switch into disk mode when plugged into a computer using a high power USB cable, like the one supplied with the player.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #575 of 775
Yes, you can use any power source, but you always have to press a button when you plug it in, otherwise it'll switch into USB disk mode (even though what you're plugging it into, isn't a computer).

With the Rocker/T6 firmware, it knows when it's being plugged into a regular power source and not a computer.
Now I understand. Thanks again.

May 22, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #576 of 775
just received my T6 yesterday from Penon
thought I'd play with other DAPs while waiting on my Kickstarter Hiby R3 and Massdrop AP60 Pro to show up
Really like this device
tried all my headsets and so far the LKER8 s seem to sound the best with it
nice and portable
I have the AP60 as well but I like the feel of this one in hand better and the sound is as good if not better than the AP60
wish it had a line out jack like my fiio x3-2 so I could try some portable amps

May 23, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #577 of 775
Hi all .... new headfi-er here .... transferring to a more portable way of listening after a bit of a life change.
Been lurking for a few weeks with a view to buying my first DAP .... read this thread all the way thro and a Benjie T6 seemed a great way to start ..at little financial risk.

So here's the deal .... i actually bought 2 ...following a communication error when ordering ...so i've now got an original Mk1 ..and a Mk2 version in silver!

I like both of them ..my missus has officially acquired the Mk1 ...and I have the silver Mk2....
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this..but the Mk2 version..with the nicely rounded corners and bevelled edges ..is a plastic case...not metal like the Mk1. Because if this its a good 30g lighter too .. ..about 50g ..rather than 80g of the original.
Its still solid and beautifully made ..so im really not concerned about the plastic issue. It's actually even more portable as a result, easier in the hand.
Sonically they both seem identical ... I've written AGPtek 1.2 to them both ...and Rockboxed the Mk2 so far. The Rockbox-ing has made a big difference ..but the lack of Bluetooth means i cant use it so much yet ....really hoping this gets developed eventually.

As it is ...im really impressed with these little players ..a great intro into the DAP world.

May 23, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #579 of 775
I ordered both of mine thro Lazada .... which I believe is the PH arm of Alibaba. Both came direct feom China of course. ....actually the Mk2 came with earphones too..and a small soft carrying bag ...apart from that the packaging was identical.

May 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #580 of 775
Hi all .... new headfi-er here .... transferring to a more portable way of listening after a bit of a life change.
Been lurking for a few weeks with a view to buying my first DAP .... read this thread all the way thro and a Benjie T6 seemed a great way to start ..at little financial risk.

So here's the deal .... i actually bought 2 ...following a communication error when ordering ...so i've now got an original Mk1 ..and a Mk2 version in silver!

I like both of them ..my missus has officially acquired the Mk1 ...and I have the silver Mk2....
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this..but the Mk2 version..with the nicely rounded corners and bevelled edges ..is a plastic case...not metal like the Mk1. Because if this its a good 30g lighter too .. ..about 50g ..rather than 80g of the original.
Its still solid and beautifully made ..so im really not concerned about the plastic issue. It's actually even more portable as a result, easier in the hand.
Sonically they both seem identical ... I've written AGPtek 1.2 to them both ...and Rockboxed the Mk2 so far. The Rockbox-ing has made a big difference ..but the lack of Bluetooth means i cant use it so much yet ....really hoping this gets developed eventually.

As it is ...im really impressed with these little players ..a great intro into the DAP world.

Interesting! I did not know there is a MK2 version of the T6 or are you talking about the AGPtek Rocker V2. Do you have a link where I can see and buy it?

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #581 of 775
Defo a Benjie T6 ..not a Rocker.... maybe calling it a Mk2 is a bit much .... from what I can tell it really is just the case that has changed. I bought mine as it was advertised as 'Newest' Benjie T6 ... and thats what it is. The pics on the Lazada ad are a bit vague tho.

I have a pic somewhere of my 2 variants together ....I'll see if I can find & post it...the differences in case are obvious when seen together...

Well....i tried to post a pic..but imageshack just wont allow me to copy the url ...weird.

If you look closely at my avatar ....you can see the rounded corners & bevelled edges in my silver Mk2 ...

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #582 of 775
If the photo is on your phone, and you use that to access head-fi, edit your message then select Upload A File - Documents. Surf to where the .jpg file is and select it, then click "Thumbnail" to get it to actually paste an image into the post.

May 23, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #583 of 775
..well...i just tried that..and the upload failed at 27% ..jeez

Life in PH can be a test at times ..lol

With cameras on phones in a perpetual battle to have more pixels than the competition ...its become impossible these days to take a pic that is LESS than a few Mb! .. . its mad.

I will keep trying to upload a suitable pic .... but right now I just dont have a stable enough connection...sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back