The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Jan 7, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,262 of 1,909
My Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2 shipped less than 24 hours after ordering!
biggrin.gif

I also just received the Sennheiser HD 590 Prestige. Really hoping it improves with the amp and DAC...

I am excited. Just letting them warm up since they were out in the cold. They are about room temp now. Gunna experiment with the magni first to see if i can even tell a difference between no dac and the modi 2 uber.

How do you connect just the amp to your computer?

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,264 of 1,909
You use a 3.5mm to 2 way rca. OMG this thing gives me so much more power. Everything seems clean so far but ill give the dac a try in a bit. The magni makes me happy. My bass cannons finally thump for real!!! With this amp and the JVC HA-SZ2000 im like:

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #1,265 of 1,909
  You use a 3.5mm to 2 way rca. OMG this thing gives me so much more power. Everything seems clean so far but ill give the dac a try in a bit. The magni makes me happy. My bass cannons finally thump for real!!! With this amp and the JVC HA-SZ2000 im like:

Thought so.

That's great. I'm hoping my new headphones sound stronger too, because they sound pretty weak right now, and I'm not talking about volume.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,267 of 1,909

LOL!!  Wait until you've run them in for 50 or so hours, they'll settle down and smoothen out nicely.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,269 of 1,909
@StanD

You said I'd love the HD 590 with the Schiit stack. Have you ever heard the HD 590? Directly out of my laptop's headphone jack, it sounds very muffled and weak, even at high volumes. I'm hoping this is merely because it needs an amp to sound good.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #1,275 of 1,909
  My  Modi Uber has died in less then 24 hrs. Waiting to hear back from customer service.  Unit was fine last night now dead. No sound no power no lights ,nadda.
frown.gif

Man that sucks. Hope you get a quick turn around. About to plug mine in to see if i can notice a difference over my soundcard. I dont really like that the button rattles but oh well I suppose. Hopefully mine works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back