The Road
Dec 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

logwed

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone seen this movie yet? For some reason, no theaters within a 40-mile radius are showing it (Pretty weird, considering that it came out over a week ago). I was just wondering what people thought of it, and how it compared to the book.

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 14
Yeah, same problem for me. I was so excited to see it because I loved the book and now it doesn't look like it is ever going to get a wide release. Closest theater showing it is 2 1/2 hours away.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This map is just terrible. Apparently the Weinstein company pulled it from a wide release at the last second, I have no idea why.

The Road (2009) - Showtimes & Tickets

It really sucks. I'm not driving to 'bum-screw-nowhere, Wisconsin', to watch the Road. Is there any word on when it will be released in other areas?

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen this movie yet?

Yeah, I thought it was great, definitely worth big screen, so I won't spoil anything. I can't say it was better than the book, but c'mon what is?

The still limited release if funny. I caught it in Oklahoma City, which isn't exactly a major market. The flick has also bounced around the festival circuit for a while.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #8 of 14
Premiere on cinemas first February 19th. 2010 it seems, so not seen it yet...
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I thought it was great, definitely worth big screen, so I won't spoil anything. I can't say it was better than the book, but c'mon what is?

The still limited release if funny. I caught it in Oklahoma City, which isn't exactly a major market. The flick has also bounced around the festival circuit for a while.

Is the movie scary? If it is an exact depiction of the book in a movie form, I would quite possibly **** my pants with fear

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 14
I saw it in New York, without knowing anything about it. I agree with New York Magazine's review that it is "The Feel Bad Movie Of The Year". Totally depressing. Well made, but not worth seeing.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It really sucks. I'm not driving to 'bum-screw-nowhere, Wisconsin', to watch the Road. Is there any word on when it will be released in other areas?

Better than me! I've been interested in catching this movie since I head about it and I'd have to catch a 3 1/2 hour plane flight to Seattle just to watch it!

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

actually, the movie adaptation of The Player was better than the book.

from the promo trailer, it looks like the movie of The Road gets too much into how the world ended, which remained a mystery in the novel. i hope i'm wrong... some things are better as mysteries.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, the movie adaptation of The Player was better than the book.

from the promo trailer, it looks like the movie of The Road gets too much into how the world ended, which remained a mystery in the novel. i hope i'm wrong... some things are better as mysteries.

Fortunately for you, you are wrong. The movie never says how the world ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back