The Real Deal Beats Thread
May 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

cb3723

Headphoneus Supremus
Beats headcans hold a very special place in my headcan heart - why? well, if it wasn't for beats, I wouldn't be here today - my first headphones I ever laid serious green on was the Monster beats wireless, bought from online Apple store. I still proudly own these very cans today, and yes I say proudly own them, for as I have widely expanded my appreciation of other makes and models of cans including likes of Sennheiser HD800's, HIFIMAN HE-6, AUDEZE LCD-X, AKG K812 etc, I still buy beats, not because I follow a fashion herd trend, though I think beats cans are very cool & stylish, but because they deliver a sound signature that is fun and easily accessible by plugging directly into my music source, iPod, IPad etc, without any need for separate amplification.

The below video pretty sums up my thoughts on beats in general, though the guy who made the video, part time audiophile, is specifically reviewing the new Studio 2.0's. This guy is a audiophile journalist whom personally owns the Abyss AB-1266 with Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold amp, so he's certainly no noob when it comes to his experience of audio and headphones for sure.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FMcyEz13t1Q[/VIDEO]​

The main purpose of this thread is somewhere beats appreciators can come to post their views on beats without the perpetual arguments and comments that are like a cancer on this site and many others, namely beats haters constantly droning on about how crap they think beats cans are - and most of the time a lot of this is just hate for hates sake, sound biting from elsewhere, which to me and I think many others is just mind numbing frustrating to hear comments like "yeah but all beats are s***t" -
imagejpg1-37.jpg

So here's a place where beats isn't the whipping boy - I hope all beats appreciators can come and contribute openly without prejudice - big thanks in advance from me cb3723 beats appreciator and more importantly, a genuine headphone geek and lover of the mighty head-fi.com community and site that gives us all an amazing platform to express our love of headphones and personal audio, so big thanks to Jude for creating this mecca, and to the moderators that keep it running smoothly, especially Currawong :)

Another important aspect of this thread I forgot to mention is that intelligent critique is most welcome - just not bandwagon beats hating, to which there is fathoms of separation between each...

And also, though I started this thread, I don't want to bee seen as an oppressive curator (I'm pretty noob as to how thread starting entails)- really my ideal scenario for this thread is for it to run by the enthusiasm of head-fiers - this is very much the peoples thread - not mines - I started it but ownership is equal to all whom kindly enjoy contributing here - this would be a great place for beats appreciators to come with no pressures of any kind, particularly beats hating :)

May 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 30
Beats also got me into this hobby, a white solo, not even the HD. My GF bought it 'because everyone had it', I heard it and fell in love. Shortly after I bought my first "real" pair of headphones, a beats studio v1, the black one.
After that I got the beats pro white, after that the beats pro all red and then a beats pro detox. I still own the studio and the pro detox.

Today I've heard the beats studio 2.0, man, these are so much better than the old studio's, but I'd not be willing to pay more than 200 euro's for them. Maybe 225 max.

May 30, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 30
Beats also got me into this hobby, a white solo, not even the HD. My GF bought it 'because everyone had it', I heard it and fell in love. Shortly after I bought my first "real" pair of headphones, a beats studio v1, the black one.
After that I got the beats pro white, after that the beats pro all red and then a beats pro detox. I still own the studio and the pro detox.

Today I've heard the beats studio 2.0, man, these are so much better than the old studio's, but I'd not be willing to pay more than 200 euro's for them. Maybe 225 max.

Thanks for joining up dude!

You make a good point that I'm going to add to my opening post which is:
intelligent critique is welcomed not hating for sure.

:D :)

May 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 30
Heck, I'll join in. Since getting rid of all my other semi-portable headphones that aren't a pain to drive (looking at my Yamaha HP3), my Beats Pros have been the job quite nicely. They're obviously can't compete with my nicer headphones, but I honestly have much more fun with these than most of the headphones I've had. Still like these more than the W1000X I had. I swear I was mentally allergic to those.

May 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 30
Heck, I'll join in. Since getting rid of all my other semi-portable headphones that aren't a pain to drive (looking at my Yamaha HP3), my Beats Pros have been the job quite nicely. They're obviously can't compete with my nicer headphones, but I honestly have much more fun with these than most of the headphones I've had. Still like these more than the W1000X I had. I swear I was mentally allergic to those.

Welcome dude! :)

May 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 30
Three active beats threads now.
rolleyes.gif
 Let's be honest, what's left to say here that hasn't been covered in the endless reincarnations of beats threads over the years?

May 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 30
Subbed.  Best thread on Head-Fi!   

While I've only had one set of Beats IEMS, I'm looking for a good deal on the new Studios.

Funny, I bought DT770s instead of Beats for my 'basshead' cans.  Am listening to them right now and, although I haven't heard them side-by-side with the new Studios, from memory I like the Studios better than the Beyers.  Never thought I'd utter those words.  I definitely like my D600s better (another set of cans that gets 'beat' up).  

Hmmm...I could sell my Beyers to fund my Beats.    :-0

May 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 30
Subbed.  Best thread on Head-Fi!   

While I've only had one set of Beats IEMS, I'm looking for a good deal on the new Studios.

Funny, I bought DT770s instead of Beats for my 'basshead' cans.  Am listening to them right now and, although I haven't heard them side-by-side with the new Studios, from memory I like the Studios better than the Beyers.  Never thought I'd utter those words.  I definitely like my D600s better (another set of cans that gets 'beat' up).  

Hmmm...I could sell my Beyers to fund my Beats.    :-0

Welcome dude - dre the force beats with you! :D

May 30, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #11 of 30
Three active beats threads now. :rolleyes:  Let's be honest, what's left to say here that hasn't been covered in the endless reincarnations of beats threads over the years?

Well, this thread is a beats appreciation thread - as far as I know there isn't any other apart from one that's title was aiming to be ironic and was just basically a beats whipping thread.

May 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 30
Sup guys! I'm sick of all the haters blindly hating on Beats. Well, as they say, haters gonna hate, and there's pretty much no chance of changing that. One can "free" a "Beats sheep", but not the other way round.

Well, all those haters have made me come to realize how cool Beats are, and how other headphone owners are so butthurt about it.

So as I was saying in the other thread, the new white Solo2's don't have the red accents that the white New Studios do, so they're essentially a glossy Snarkitecture Solo2 without the marble cushion. Beats just missed a chance to make an extra $200 on top of the Solo2's!

May 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #13 of 30
I'm just gonna quote some of my appreciative posts from the Beats hate thread here

[Likewise,] there's a Champagne Gold version of the New Studios to complement your Champagne Gold iPhone 5S. Looks very nice!

In Beats' defense, they have the Pros, Mixrs and Executives - all of which can be considered to have a high quality build. And have you seen/felt the Studio 2.0s? They're on par, if not better than most other manufacturers in terms of build quality. It's the sound that still has a bit to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
  I'll buy a pair of Beats when they start making them out of wood or metal 
gs1000.gif

Everything aside, I really dislike them. Don't know what it is.

Um hello??

Surely you must have a reason to dislike them, no?

Q: "The Hate on Beats, Why?"
A: Because insecure people.

May 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #14 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back