The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 16, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #47 of 4,822
I think I read in an earlier post, that they were going to do a Kickstarter in October. If you joined that, you might get the product much sooner and even at a possibly reduced price. Hopefully, @peter123 can confirm and keep us all posted. I've never supported a Kickstarter before, but I certainly think I could support this one.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #48 of 4,822
I asked them on Facebook yesterday and they don't have an exact date for Kickstarter yet. It will happen in middle of October.

I also asked what kind of app support they planned. They will support PEQ and GEQ in the app.

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #49 of 4,822
I've purchased the Avantree adapter which transmits in APTX HD however I haven't tried it out yet. Will give you my thoughts when I finally set it up

I got the Avantree DG60. It works, but it has an issue where it defaults to aptX Low Latency instead of aptX HD. Also, it is only detected as a 16-bit/48Khz device in Windows, so no, it will not take advantage of the aptX HD 24-bit depth, but may take advantage of the extra bandwidth.

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #50 of 4,822
I got the Avantree DG60. It works, but it has an issue where it defaults to aptX Low Latency instead of aptX HD. Also, it is only detected as a 16-bit/48Khz device in Windows, so no, it will not take advantage of the aptX HD 24-bit depth, but may take advantage of the extra bandwidth.

Wow wish I had known this and I would have bought the cheaper unit on AliExpress. That's plain ridiculous. Thanks for the info

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #51 of 4,822
Well, we don't have to "worry" about the 3.5mm being more powerful than the 2.5mm balanced any more. According to their facebook page, When running some tests, the 4.4V output was "noisy". So the 3.5mm will be reduced to 2.2V Output, same as the 2.5mm balanced. Still good power for such a tiny device. Exact same design, just not running the 3.5mm so hot.

Sep 18, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #52 of 4,822
Well, we don't have to "worry" about the 3.5mm being more powerful than the 2.5mm balanced any more. According to their facebook page, When running some tests, the 4.4V output was "noisy". So the 3.5mm will be reduced to 2.2V Output, same as the 2.5mm balanced. Still good power for such a tiny device. Exact same design, just not running the 3.5mm so hot.
Yeah, that could still be a good thing. Still, I wish that the output from both would be specified in milliwatts. It would give me a better idea of power output, compared to my Fiio Q1MK2. My version puts out around 220-230 milliwatts into 32 ohms out of the balanced output, which has been more than enough for any of the iems I currently have. If this new device can't match that, then I don't see a need to buy it.

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #53 of 4,822
Yeah, that could still be a good thing. Still, I wish that the output from both would be specified in milliwatts. It would give me a better idea of power output, compared to my Fiio Q1MK2. My version puts out around 220-230 milliwatts into 32 ohms out of the balanced output, which has been more than enough for any of the iems I currently have. If this new device can't match that, then I don't see a need to buy it.
Probably around 150mw with 32 ohm headphones. Should be enough for most IEMs. Just a touch more than the Dragonfly Red that is 2.1V.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #54 of 4,822
Probably around 150mw with 32 ohm headphones. Should be enough for most IEMs. Just a touch more than the Dragonfly Red that is 2.1V.
The btr5 uses duo 9128p for 160mw balanced out. But too bad it doesn't have the lastest power efficient chips after having been delayed for almost a year. It even got Shanling enough time to copy it's exact spec for their own up4 Lol.

Sep 19, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #55 of 4,822

Wow that sucks.

AptX-LL is even lower resolution than normal AptX. It’s not really optimized for music, but rather super low latency for movies/speech.

So for music, it ranks in quality from AptX-HD > AptX > AptX-LL

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #56 of 4,822
Wow that sucks.

AptX-LL is even lower resolution than normal AptX. It’s not really optimized for music, but rather super low latency for movies/speech.

Which is why the Qudelix having aptx Adaptive is so important (imo) with simultaneous support for 24/48 HD and low latency.

Not sure how many phones/devices can use it yet but my Oneplus 7 Pro already has the aptx Adaptive profile.

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #57 of 4,822
Wow that sucks.

Avantree will solve the issue in the next batch by having a physical button to switch between aptX HD and AptX LL.

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #58 of 4,822
FYI, "First Engineering Sample". A little smaller than expected. Final version could be slightly different. Nice "use" of the clip to add the 2nd headphone jack.

71073559_128641015176962_8748819167584452608_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back