The PENON official thread
Apr 27, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #13,651 of 13,664
I know, I was joking. As I also know that I have set a maximum limit of $500 and I always keep my word. I just need to make sure I make the right decision to buy something above the NEO 5, and let you know that I am very happy with them!😄 Maybe those kiwi colored ones called Penon TURBO or the 10th. The TSMRX is also in my plans and lastly the Mega5Est.

What dizziness! 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #13,652 of 13,664
IMG_7174.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg
To my ears, the new gateway to the flagships of the portable world…
This is the Penon Turbo, right? It looks VERY similar to the TSMR X, esp the switch set, except for the on/off switch.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #13,653 of 13,664
This is the Penon Turbo, right? It looks VERY similar to the TSMR X, esp the switch set, except for the on/off switch.
Yes. The Tansio X is a very good set.
But the Turbos are above the Tansio X…

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #13,654 of 13,664
I just picked up the X and I have a friend that might get the turbo, He’s afraid of an all BA set he has never heard without owning or hearing an all BA set. Can you tell me how the turbo is better then the X besides that it’s better? He’s having a tough time deciding and listens to mainly fast metal music. Any direction or comparisons would be appreciated.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #13,655 of 13,664
Depends on what you want to hear. I haven't heard the Turbo, but not many all-BA units can produce bass with air movement, "slam," etc., which is important to get realistic drum reproduction. Imaging, instrument separation and placement, resolution, etc, is great, but without realistic bass sound, no thanks.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #13,656 of 13,664
I just picked up the X and I have a friend that might get the turbo, He’s afraid of an all BA set he has never heard without owning or hearing an all BA set. Can you tell me how the turbo is better then the X besides that it’s better? He’s having a tough time deciding and listens to mainly fast metal music. Any direction or comparisons would be appreciated.
I haven't heard the Turbo, but I've heard several all-BA IEMs that have good sub-bass extension (can reach down to 20hz or so) but that struggle to keep up with the speed of double-kicks drums of faster metal. It's hard to describe in words, but when you hear it, you know it.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #13,657 of 13,664
I haven't heard the Turbo, but I've heard several all-BA IEMs that have good sub-bass extension (can reach down to 20hz or so) but that struggle to keep up with the speed of double-kicks drums of faster metal. It's hard to describe in words, but when you hear it, you know it.
Thanks. I'm still leary myself of an all ba. Bought and sold the T4. BA bass on thats set was great but the fit was so,so bad for me.

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #13,658 of 13,664
For those who have had the Quattro for a while - what would you say burn-in did for the sound after say 100 or more hours of it?

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #13,662 of 13,664
Been testing out some cable combos with the Voltage. The ASOS+ on the Voltage sounds stupendous. Renata is a good match but for folks that want that extra detail and separation. If you are considering the Voltage for classical for example. The combination of the Renata and the Voltage might do it for you.

For the rest of you that want a cable that enhances everything about the Voltage. ASOS+ is that cable.

Apr 29, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #13,663 of 13,664
Coherency improved, mids became less sharp and aggressive, the treble woke up, and the soundstage became more open sounding.

Thanks. That sounds just about right. These are a solid IEM and punch above their price point. But some things could use some slight tweaking, and they are what you said. I have about 185 hours left to go

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #13,664 of 13,664
I think Quattro is finished burning in around 200 hours. It seemed very stable after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back