The PA2V2 Thread
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #331 of 752
Well Gary's the Man simply said!!
Sure koolkat..will do when i get my hands on them..
this feels forever just like your ibanking thingy..haha

well i do have the E5 though.. i am currently using it to power my 2 BoomTubes combined..
use them for my TV/Laptop/STB speakers thru a HDMI switch.. loving the sound!
Can't wait to test it with a more powerful PA2v2... *slurp*
too bad i don't have any cans right now to test along with the PA2v2
still in research and reading mode! haha
too much to choose from and too little to spend! LOL

Cheers & God Bless...

Jul 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #333 of 752
I have used the PA2V2 with low impedance IEMs (ER-4P and UM3X), and the results were impressive, especially since I wasn't expecting much. The UM3X hissed substantially however, though they did so straight out of my iPod as well.

It does very well with high-impedance cans as well. It has no problem whatsoever driving my HD580s (300 ohm, I believe).

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #334 of 752
Well..... i have read that there are ppl out there with higher impedance cans but it still works great for them
Anw what do i know.. i am new to these.. haha
Anyway thats the "fun" part of it. getting to play around with these toys and at the same time dicovering whole new spectrum of sound
I am looking for a can which sounds like my Hippo..i love my Hippo's sound.. :)
Hope there is one can out there which have a warm sound spectrum like it and perhaps better!
Research On.... God Bless!

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #335 of 752
With my SRH750DJ's coming tomorrow, I can't wait for my PA2V2. Gary is a great guy. Been exchanging emails with him for a couple months, as I waited to get my headphones before grabbing a PA2V2 and he's been nothing but helpful. I appreciate his kindness, hard work, and dedication. Thank you, Gary!

-Brandon

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #336 of 752
Well Brandon i emailed him about 2 weeks continously before i really decided to buy the PA2v2.
Hopefully mine will be in this week. I got no words to describe Gary's professionalism and patience. :)
On top of that he have to build lotsa amp and send them out daily.
He sent out about 7-8 pieces on the same day together with mine(#9020)
He is insanely & truly dedicated to his lil monster amp!
Please tell us how your setup works/sound.. still searching for a thumping sub $150 cans! haha...God Speed!!

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #337 of 752

Quote:
Well Brandon i emailed him about 2 weeks continously before i really decided to buy the PA2v2.
Hopefully mine will be in this week. I got no words to describe Gary's professionalism and patience. :)
On top of that he have to build lotsa amp and send them out daily.
He sent out about 7-8 pieces on the same day together with mine(#9020)
He is insanely & truly dedicated to his lil monster amp!
Please tell us how your setup works/sound.. still searching for a thumping sub $150 cans! haha...God Speed!!

Did yours get sent out on the 1st? If so, ours probably got sent out together. He said he'd send mine out by airmail on Monday. I'll review my rig as soon as I have a decent amount of time with it. :D

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #338 of 752
Hey Brandon... mine was shipped out on the 27th or 28th...
hope it will be here in the next few days! hehe

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #339 of 752
My PA2V2 amping my iPhone 4's line out is driving my Koss DJ100's very nicely. Very pleased.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #340 of 752
I lost my PA2V2 along the line and Gary is pretty much the man, glad to be in touch with him again after all these years. He has sold over 7000 units since I bought mine originally in 2005. It still sounds great for what it is, a very solidly made, lean but convenient product with money in the right places to achieve quality for the purpose. Definitely still pairs best with low impedance cans, I wouldn't pick it as a desktop amplifier, but I prefer it to a CMOY for sound on the go. Thumbs up for Gary at ElectricAvenues!

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #341 of 752
Hmm, I wonder if Gary has anything special planned for the 10,000th amplifier he'll make.  Maybe a limited edition version?

Aug 3, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #342 of 752
Wow.. that would be great!!
Hey Gary if you reading this.. please do a limited edition.. perhaps 10000 - 10101.. haha
Still waiting for mine.. LOD just in.. waiting patiently and restlessly for my #9020.......

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #343 of 752
Good God. Paypal is such a PITA.
Got my ibanking stuff cleared, now I need another day to wait for the money
before I can make the transfer, and then another 2-3 weeks to get my PA2V2.

:D

Dun dun dunn. 

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #344 of 752
hey Kool..better late than never!!
the wait is worth it i guess.. hehe

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #345 of 752
OH YESSSSS!!! just received mine today!! woohooo
Well packed and as usual it has that lil note from Gary.. swweeeeetttt!!
Present owners...do you burn in this amp or don't need it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back