THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Jul 9, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #361 of 776
ClieOS compared KC06A and Altone200.

"Price aside, I think both are really close competition. Each has its own thing that is better than the other yet there isn't any obvious advantage that will make you think one is crashing the other. They both share a slightly warmer and richer tone, where KC06A is sweeter, closer and more intimate, Altone200 is cleaner, more specious and layered. I'll say prefer Altone200 for now, but only by a hair. They are both highly mature in sound with very little fault to speak of, and can be compared to IEM much more expensive than they are. These are the budget (well, a little more than budget) IEM that really sounds expensive. I think if you like one over the other, it will is more likely a result of personal taste rather than technical difference.

In a way, I guess both are topping my sub-$125 list."

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #362 of 776
  ClieOS compared KC06A and Altone200.

"Price aside, I think both are really close competition. Each has its own thing that is better than the other yet there isn't any obvious advantage that will make you think one is crashing the other. They both share a slightly warmer and richer tone, where KC06A is sweeter, closer and more intimate, Altone200 is cleaner, more specious and layered. I'll say prefer Altone200 for now, but only by a hair. They are both highly mature in sound with very little fault to speak of, and can be compared to IEM much more expensive than they are. These are the budget (well, a little more than budget) IEM that really sounds expensive. I think if you like one over the other, it will is more likely a result of personal taste rather than technical difference.

In a way, I guess both are topping my sub-$125 list."

Do you have a link to his review?

Btw, I'm so impressed with KC06A, now thinking it was a bad idea to get both KC06 and KC06A at the same time because I won't be able to make a fair review/comparison lol!!!

Also, KC06A and VSD3S have a lot in common as well.  Will be a great comparison once I'm done with a burn in.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #363 of 776

Do you have a link to his review?

Btw, I'm so impressed with KC06A, now thinking it was a bad idea to get both KC06 and KC06A at the same time because I won't be able to make a fair review/comparison lol!!!

Also, KC06A and VSD3S have a lot in common as well.  Will be a great comparison once I'm done with a burn in.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724471/t-peos-announce-releasing-altone200-and-start-preorder-limitedly/30#post_10697191

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #364 of 776
I wish I could share with the people on this thread just how much fun it is right now going back and forth between the kc06a and the gr07 BE. Guys, the kc06a is awesome for its price. Better than the gr07 BE? In some areas it is, but not a better iem. This battle comes down to signature preference, and how much build quality means to you.

Bass crown goes to the gr07 BE. It extends more and gives a little more low end Rumble when called upon. Kc06a is no slouch, but the gr07 BE is just that good.

Low mids are a tie. I can't pick one over the other. Both present themselves differently, with the gr07 BE being more musical, and the kc06a brings a more technical approach.

For mids I have to give it to the kc06a. There's talk about the kc06a having a v signature but IMHO these things bring everything forward. Although the bass might be more present, the mids still sound amazing on the kc06a. I consider the kc06a tuned to have the same mids and treble as the original kc06a with just a slight raise in both the bass and treble.

High mids and treble goes to the kc06a. It retains the same crispness as the original kc06 but with a slight boost. Simply put, the gr07 BE can be sibilant at times, making the kc06a more tolerable all around.

Build quality for me goes to the gr07 BE for a few particular reasons. #1 the gr07 BE has a CINCH CABLE. it doesn't hurt to put a cinch cable on, and I don't understand why many manufacturers don't, Ostry being one of them. #2 The L-shaped plug of the gr07 BE is a better feature than the Ostry straight plug. #3 I also like the adjustable hozzle on the gr07 BE, as it makes it easier to get a more solid and consistent customized fit and isolation.

Accessories I say it's a draw. Vsonic offers a little more than ostry with these, but the filtered tips that come with the kc06a are sweet!

The gr07 BE isolates better than the kc06a.

If I had to pick one I would go with the gr07 BE, but if price was a factor in this situation, I honestly would probably have to go with the $80 usd kc06a over the $130-$180 gr07 BE.

Well done Ostry, the kc06a is a hit!

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #365 of 776
I wish I could share with the people on this thread just how much fun it is right now going back and forth between the kc06a and the gr07 BE. Guys, the kc06a is awesome for its price. Better than the gr07 BE? In some areas it is, but not a better iem. This battle comes down to signature preference, and how much build quality means to you.

Bass crown goes to the gr07 BE. It extends more and gives a little more low end Rumble when called upon. Kc06a is no slouch, but the gr07 BE is just that good.

Low mids are a tie. I can't pick one over the other. Both present themselves differently, with the gr07 BE being more musical, and the kc06a brings a more technical approach.

For mids I have to give it to the kc06a. There's talk about the kc06a having a v signature but IMHO these things bring everything forward. Although the bass might be more present, the mids still sound amazing on the kc06a. I consider the kc06a tuned to have the same mids and treble as the original kc06a with just a slight raise in both the bass and treble.

High mids and treble goes to the kc06a. It retains the same crispness as the original kc06 but with a slight boost. Simply put, the gr07 BE can be sibilant at times, making the kc06a more tolerable all around.

Build quality for me goes to the gr07 BE for a few particular reasons. #1 the gr07 BE has a CINCH CABLE. it doesn't hurt to put a cinch cable on, and I don't understand why many manufacturers don't, Ostry being one of them. #2 The L-shaped plug of the gr07 BE is a better feature than the Ostry straight plug. #3 I also like the adjustable hozzle on the gr07 BE, as it makes it easier to get a more solid and consistent customized fit and isolation.

Accessories I say it's a draw. Vsonic offers a little more than ostry with these, but the filtered tips that come with the kc06a are sweet!

The gr07 BE isolates better than the kc06a.

If I had to pick one I would go with the gr07 BE, but if price was a factor in this situation, I honestly would probably have to go with the $80 usd kc06a over the $130-$180 gr07 BE.

Well done Ostry, the kc06a is a hit!

Nice, very nice... i may grab a pair of the kc06a soon enough. But note the price for them starts at $65 at aliexpress. 

Im curious if anyone compared the tape modded kc06 to the kc06a... anyone with both care trying?

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #369 of 776
Just posted my review/comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ostry-kc06-high-fidelity-stereo-inner-ear-earphones/reviews/11275

Enjoy!

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #371 of 776
Great write up twister.

I'm considering getting one of these to complement the Tenore & looks like KC06A is the one for me.

Yep, if you have Tenores, you probably should go with KC06A, or VSD3S...

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #373 of 776
Seems you have both. Can you please do a quick comparison to differentiate the two ?

Definitely on my list.  I wanted to get KC06x review out of the way so I can focus on VSD3S.  Now since I'm finished with VSonic burn in, I can spend some time tonight listening and comparing it to KC06.  I'm still planning to post a full VSD3S review sometime next week, but promise to come back tonight or tomorrow with KC06A comparison.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #374 of 776
Definitely on my list.  I wanted to get KC06x review out of the way so I can focus on VSD3S.  Now since I'm finished with VSonic burn in, I can spend some time tonight listening and comparing it to KC06.  I'm still planning to post a full VSD3S review sometime next week, but promise to come back tonight or tomorrow with KC06A comparison.

Looking forward to it.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #375 of 776

KC06A for $65.66 shipped (via slow shipping, ePacket which should be faster is an additional $4.25 for $69.91 total):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1951974673.html

If you want to get the KC06A relatively quickly, do not purchase from this seller. I purchased from this seller a few days ago, paid the $4.25 extra for faster ePacket delivery, and the seller still shipped it using the default free (and slow) China Post Air Mail option. I was hoping to get it within a week or so, but now I have no idea how long it will take.

Somewhat annoyed... I wonder if I can at least get them to refund the $4.25, although I'm not optimistic that either the seller or AliExpress will do anything for me on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back