The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Dec 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #32 of 73
i use to use a pair of sennheiser hd-205-II's for a bit untill i got tired of'em after i upgraded my receiver to an amazing 1972 Sansui 5000X and pair of Technics sb-t200 floor speakers. after experience wonderful natrual sound with great soundstage and imagery i couldn't stand my senns anymore. limit on cash due to christmas i decided to buy a pair of AKG 240 Studio at my local guitar center and happy i did. these sound wonderful and will be getting most use from now on till i decide to upgrade.

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #33 of 73
I use my PX100 the most. They sit next to my bed and I I use them to watch Netflix on the iPad while my wife is sleeping.

My TF10 get the second most amount of attention. They reside in my coat pocket and have been designated my go-to set for podcast listening when I'm out-and-about.

The HD650s don't see as much action as they probably should, as I don't listen to headphones after work like I used to.

I think that my SE535 have left the storage pouch only twice since buying them. Maybe this is because they were an impulse buy and aren't really needed.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #35 of 73
Quote:
For the past few months its been my ATH-W11R. I listen to more rock and vocals than anything else and the W11R (out of my warmish setup) handles those two genres of music better than any other headphone I've heard. The fact that they are closed is also a big part of why I favor them in most cases. OTOH if I'm in the mood to listen to classical or acoustic (and my environment is quiet enough) I'll usually break out my K400.

Ugh... so jealous right now!

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #38 of 73
I'd use the LCD-2 the most when I'm at home for listening to music, editing and arraging music or playing the piano (Ivory II) because of its quite accurate FR. UM3X when I'm out and about or commuting because of the neutral sound signature and the very good sound isolation. IE8 when I'm relaxing in bed because of its not so aggressive sound signature , great to fall asleep with. K240 at the office because they are good but reasonably priced so I'm not worried about leaving them there at my desk permanently. :wink:

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #39 of 73
This usually changes up, but at the moment:

Outdoors: K271mkII

At the office: SR001mkII

At home: SR007mk1/SRXmk3 for music and M50 for TV

I can't wait to pick up a few headphones.  I know I want to get the LCD2 for the office and I'm curious about trying out some customs as my new portable when the weather improves a bit.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #40 of 73
sennheiser ie8 with the sansa clip most of the time because it's portable and i am at work most of the time :)

at the dorm i use the stax lambda pro + srm-1/mk2 the most. last few months ago the beyer dt880 600 ohms was my favorite can followed by the senn hd650 and the beyer dt990 600 ohms. now i am leaning more towards the dt990 as i miss the bass slam thru the stax :D 

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #41 of 73
Movies from computer -> Grado SR-60
Office -> SE530
Pleasure listening -> HD650 for now, hopefully LCD-2 when it arrives.

Quote:
I think that my SE535 have left the storage pouch only twice since buying them. Maybe this is because they were an impulse buy and aren't really needed.

I have a solution for you, sell your SE535 to me, your problem solved
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #42 of 73
My AD2000 gets the most head time. Not really sure why ;__;

It's not comfy. It sounds pretty closed in. Some music sounds plain wrong with it (V imaging). It's got psycho mids..... 

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #43 of 73
My Ultrasonyers got the most time usage from my list (and i am now in a house, which i can't use open headphones), until that my LCD-2 (which i can't use in the new house, where i am now) ended recently his burn-in (more of three weeks). My grado RS1i gets very little use (because i am selling them), but they sound very good [almost as good as my LCD-2 in present time (not in previous times)] with almost the same detail in everything (and slightly better in some), excellent and realistic midrange (slightly airier than my Ultrasonyers), only less refined overall; and with slightly brighter (but not fatigued) and sparklier treble...
The Optimus Nova 57 sound excellent for the money [that is only because i have them recently (they were given))], but aren't in the same league of the three in quality and refinement of bass (which distorts easily in the lowest frecuencies 50 hz and below), midrange {it's very exciting [the same forwardness as a grado RS-2/i (according to headroom graphs)]} and treble, but in some place of the midrange, they delivers even more micro details (because they have less midbass and lower bass quantity that the previous ones). But they have an excellent headstage/speed and clarity and separation (for his price) for being a closed headphone.

I prefer my Ultrasonyers which share the qualities of the LCD-2 and RS1i fused, and are semi closed, with almost the same midrange and bass quality of the LCD-2, only inferior in the treble to both, but not much. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #44 of 73
AKG K240 DF hooked up to my integrated. The other headphones are used in rotation. For me the DF sounds just right and usually serves as my benchmark headphone regarding sound. 

Having written that I listen to 2 hours of music a day maximum, mostly. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #45 of 73

Quote:
AKG K240 DF hooked up to my integrated. The other headphones are used in rotation. For me the DF sounds just right and usually serves as my benchmark headphone regarding sound. 

Having written that I listen to 2 hours of music a day maximum, mostly. 

beerchug.gif

X2

If you put the k702 on one end of the spectrum and the dt48 on the other the 240DF falls right in the middle....perfect. Well, for classic rock and acoustic jazz it's close to perfect anyway. Haven't heard any orthos yet, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back