The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Mar 26, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #991 of 1,101
if you do it with leather and a sewing machine, you can't make it rigid like the Dignis can you? Just curious.

No, the stitching is done with the back laid out flat and then it is glued into place. It is just for looks. The case is cut all at once, it is one piece, very easy to make. The back and front would have a thin rigid piece under the front and back and then a inner liner. I have some nice yellow ostrich that would look superb and would cost maybe 250 to 300 (depending upon how much actual quill) if bought custom but I doubt I will make it unless I forego the stitching but the stitching is a nice touch. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #992 of 1,101
No, the stitching is done with the back laid out flat and then it is glued into place. It is just for looks. The case is cut all at once, it is one piece, very easy to make. The back and front would have a thin rigid piece under the front and back and then a inner liner. I have some nice yellow ostrich that would look superb and would cost maybe 250 to 300 (depending upon how much actual quill) if bought custom but I doubt I will make it unless I forego the stitching but the stitching is a nice touch. 
It sounds nice but I guess the Dignis look good enough to not bother...unless it is for fun.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #993 of 1,101
It sounds nice but I guess the Dignis look good enough to not bother...unless it is for fun.

It would be just to do it but the Dignis is very well made. Easy to make the case but you have to have the clean lines for it to look professional and quality, which is where many places fall down. I was taught by one of the best boot makers in the world, who had only taken on one other apprentice over the years because he had neither the patience nor desire to do the training and had the very highest quality standards. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #995 of 1,101
To be fair, the new Sony Walkman OS does badly need a proper search function. That one is not really excusable. 

To me the OS UI seems brilliant and easy to navigate.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Mar 26, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #998 of 1,101
It would be just to do it but the Dignis is very well made. Easy to make the case but you have to have the clean lines for it to look professional and quality, which is where many places fall down. I was taught by one of the best boot makers in the world, who had only taken on one other apprentice over the years because he had neither the patience nor desire to do the training and had the very highest quality standards. 
Nice...

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #999 of 1,101
Speaking of the UI.. I still haven't received my dap yet but one thing that I'm actually impressed and happy with is the fact that they didn't do what most other daps are doing and that's use a modified version of Android. Even the AK380 is just a heavily modded Android OS if im not mistaken. The plus side of creating your own from scratch is you can build from top to bottom an OS designed for purely playing music. This will outperform Android in both music playback and battery life in most cases.. because no matter how much you mod Android, there will still be things running in the background that don't need to be there and don't contribute to your music experience whatsoever.

I'm sure Sony's UI isn't perfect but hopefully with updates they'll implement things like a search function and other features. It's probably not easy to get everything right the first time when you are creating your own OS though.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #1,000 of 1,101
I have some nice yellow ostrich that would look superb and would cost maybe 250 to 300 (depending upon how much actual quill) if bought custom but I doubt I will make it unless I forego the stitching but the stitching is a nice touch. 

If you do decide to do it, Ostrich or otherwise do sound me out :yum:

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #1,002 of 1,101
Saw this device in Sony shop for the first time and I said wow this must be quite heavy :D I got play with the A-15 Walkman but it gives 60% of volume compared to the S7 edge exynoss which is quite sad :/

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,003 of 1,101
Relay clicking is caused by switching from clock of 44.1KHz to clock of 48KHz and does not affect switching bit depth (16/24/32/DSD) only when you switch from a file  that is for ecample 24/48 to a 16/176.4KHz  or 16/44.1 to 16/96 it clicks

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,004 of 1,101
Saw this device in Sony shop for the first time and I said wow this must be quite heavy
biggrin.gif
I got play with the A-15 Walkman but it gives 60% of volume compared to the S7 edge exynoss which is quite sad :/

interestingly, they sell this player or is this kind of demonstration?

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #1,005 of 1,101
It's a Sony, not Ikea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back