The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Mar 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #106 of 354

Quote:
Redwood falls looked amazing, keep in mind that was shown off in like 2008 and was in early beta.

it looked a bit like the thing..could have been good..i hope they bring some more survival horror games out soon for the wii or pc because i am getting board with battlefield3..i am going to hunt down that juon for the time being but i want more resident evil games for the wii..

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #107 of 354
Welp, SilentHill HD collection is a HUGE train wreck so I will torrent pay seventy or so dollars for SH3.

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #109 of 354
when they don't bring the silent hill  games out on all formats i have got no sympathy for the games companys when people download them for free or copy the games because they are not bothered about the people who by the games are they? i would have went out and snapped them up but they never came out on the wii or pc and my xbox360 went off so i can't really play them unless i get my xbox360 fixed but i think i will just stick to pc gaming from now on!

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #110 of 354
I am a huge horror fan, both in literature, graphic novels, movies, music and games. I have a vast library of horror movies, categorized by country of origin. French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, American etc... I go to horror movie marathons, comic cons and collector's meets and listen to a lot of dark ambient, dark industrial, black metal and death metal music. Some people have said that I've become too detached from brutality and am practically incapable of feeling empathy or fear because of my almost two decades-long constant exposure to horror movies and related themes. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just trying to give you some reference as to where I'm coming from. 

Now let me tell you, the following game scared the living beejeebus out of me.

It's probably mentioned already in this thread, but can't be mentioned enough in general. I haven't been this scared in a LONG time. This game was almost a challenge to play, not because of the gameplay, but because of the emotions it invoked within me. You really feal like a victim when playing, or should I say enduring, this game. Insanity simulator. Still can't sleep on windy nights. Loved every single minute of it. 

Darkness, headphones, Amnesia... 

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #111 of 354

Quote:
I am a huge horror fan, both in literature, graphic novels, movies, music and games. I have a vast library of horror movies, categorized by country of origin. French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, American etc... I go to horror movie marathons, comic cons and collector's meets and listen to a lot of dark ambient, dark industrial, black metal and death metal music. Some people have said that I've become too detached from brutality and am practically incapable of feeling empathy or fear because of my almost two decades-long constant exposure to horror movies and related themes. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just trying to give you some reference as to where I'm coming from. 

Now let me tell you, the following game scared the living beejeebus out of me.

It's probably mentioned already in this thread, but can't be mentioned enough in general. I haven't been this scared in a LONG time. This game was almost a challenge to play, not because of the gameplay, but because of the emotions it invoked within me. You really feal like a victim when playing, or should I say enduring, this game. Insanity simulator. Still can't sleep on windy nights. Loved every single minute of it. 

Darkness, headphones, Amnesia... 

what are your favourite horror films? these are some of mine..an american werewolf in london..saloms lot..it..pyscho and the orignal beauty and the beast if you can call that horror and all the twilight movies...bad taste was my favourite comedy horror..p.s have you ever been to whitby were draculas castle is..i am from the northeast of england and whitbys not that far from me and i have seen many a goth there..

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #112 of 354

Quote:
what are your favourite horror films? 

You got a minute?

Among others, these pop up in my head first:
Martyrs, A L'interieur, Ils, Thirst, Frontieres, Flower of Flesh and Blood, Mermaid in a Manhole, L'Orphanage, Santa Sangre, Toxic Avenger, Poltergeist, Poultrygeist, Hellraiser, Begotten, Det Sjunde Inseglet, Taxidermia, The Shining, It, The Tunnel, The Descent, The Devil's Backbone... 

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #113 of 354

Quote:
You got a minute?

Martyrs, A L'interieur, Ils, Thirst, Frontieres, Flower of Flesh and Blood, Mermaid in a Manhole, L'Orphanage, Santa Sangre, Toxic Avenger, Poltergeist, Poultrygeist, Hellraiser, Begotten, Det Sjunde Inseglet, Taxidermia, The Shining, It, The Tunnel, The Descent, The Devil's Backbone... 

you watch some films i have never heard of like mermaid in a manhole but i can remember the troma films the one were he put a woman in a washing machine was a good one..i like all the films from japan and china like death note and battle royale and some of the juon films but my favorite movie makers probably john carpenter..but theres one film you should watch by chuck norris called silent rage if you get the chance..           

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #114 of 354

Quote:
You got a minute?

Toxxy, the only thing scary about these movies was the scene with Ron Jeramey. Also bro fist on The Devil's Backbone.

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #116 of 354
SO uah haha, replaying SH2 for PC waiting for SH3 to finish ship. Hows about that
MANIKIN RAPE!
Also, still manages to scare the hell out of me every time I play it; NO I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU SNEAK UP ON ME!

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #118 of 354

Quote:

I loved the scene with the hole in the wall, when you stick your hand in and feel a "tug" by the controller vibrating. Never find out what it was too.

It's clearly the Red Pyramid playing Tug of war with your hand >.>

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #119 of 354
I got the Silent Hill HD Collection for the PS3 and am severely disappointed in it. While the visual upgrade is incredible, the game suffers from terrible framerate issues, audio sync problems, and some sounds just not playing at all.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #120 of 354

Quote:
I got the Silent Hill HD Collection for the PS3 and am severely disappointed in it. While the visual upgrade is incredible, the game suffers from terrible framerate issues, audio sync problems, and some sounds just not playing at all.

Ya see, thats not the HD collection, that's Silent hill 2, Started playing it on the PC again and it has these exact same issues AND borrowed it from my cousin when she was in town and same thing on the PS2 version. Does it do this on SH3 HD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back