The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 30, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #9,256 of 10,994
Hi,

So I tried using Audirvana on my Macbook Pro but am still hearing 'hiss' within parts of a lot of the music I play.
I'm thinking this might just be due to my current amp (glacier portable amp) which needs to be turned up pretty high to get any kind of volume.

However I'd love to hear from someone about if Music, at the mastering stage, has hiss in it. It's almost as if I'm hearing the mic hiss on some tracks fade in as say the vocals are about to start.
I've never heard this with other headphones but maybe the T1's are good enough to pick this up.

Is this just something within music that I need to get used to or shouldn't I be hearing any hiss at all?
It would help if you included an example, like specific track and timestamping when you hear the hiss instead of just saying "Music" every time.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #9,258 of 10,994
In the end I couldn't wait anymore and decided to pull the trigger when I saw them go for $750. Can't wait to hear T1 on my A20 :D

Who sells them for $750?

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #9,259 of 10,994
  Hi,

So I tried using Audirvana on my Macbook Pro but am still hearing 'hiss' within parts of a lot of the music I play.
I'm thinking this might just be due to my current amp (glacier portable amp) which needs to be turned up pretty high to get any kind of volume.

However I'd love to hear from someone about if Music, at the mastering stage, has hiss in it. It's almost as if I'm hearing the mic hiss on some tracks fade in as say the vocals are about to start.
I've never heard this with other headphones but maybe the T1's are good enough to pick this up.

Is this just something within music that I need to get used to or shouldn't I be hearing any hiss at all?

Well, do you hear the hissing when there's no music playing and amp volume is turned up high? Try using just the amp, with no source connected to it, and turn the volume up to see if you hear any hissing.  If yes, your amp is hissing. If not, plug in your source, don't play any music, but turn the volume up, any hiss now? If yes, your source is hissing. If there's no hiss still, then the songs you're using are hissing.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #9,260 of 10,994
  In the end I couldn't wait anymore and decided to pull the trigger when I saw them go for $750. Can't wait to hear T1 on my A20 :D

That's a helluva deal....congrats!

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #9,261 of 10,994

Joining the party? Great pick!

Happy Listening!

dt880smile.png

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #9,262 of 10,994
The T1 sounds just awesome with the "exotic" ear909 which my friend owns.

However, in comparison to the other flagship models, the T1 has the least potential to be "unearthed" by more high-end sources and amplifiers.

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #9,263 of 10,994
Beck, Sea Change, Paper Tiger. About 5-6secs in I hear hiss 'behind' the music.
Talk Talk, Laughing Stock, Myrrhman. Right from the start there's hiss in the recording.

Do you hear this?

I don't really hear a hiss on Paper Tiger. Maybe slightly at best.
I hear something in Myrrhman that sounds like a brush going back and forth. Then 20s in, there's a slight hiss.

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #9,264 of 10,994
Jul 6, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #9,269 of 10,994
I wonder if there is some T1 serial number registry information anywhere on the web. My T1 has serial number 168XX. Should it considered as a "polite" T1?

While I do find the T1 not scale up as much as the HD800 with high-end source gear, I do find more music recordings scale up much higher with the T1 compare to the HD800.

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #9,270 of 10,994

While I do find the T1 not scale up as much as the HD800 with high-end source gear, I do find more music recordings scale up much higher with the T1 compare to the HD800.

+1 I also think the T1 with a well matched budget amp is preferable to a HE-6 or HD800 out of something more high end but not so well matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back