The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 8, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #10,306 of 10,994
Hi guys,

Anyone know any ways to mod the T1 for lesser brightness and bringing the vocal more forward.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

You can always try a parametric equalizer instead

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #10,308 of 10,994
Quote:
Hi guys,

Anyone know any ways to mod the T1 for lesser brightness and bringing the vocal more forward.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Quote:
Hi bro,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But i would not prefer to use any equalizer as it alter the original sound signature.

Any extra pads to suggest ?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Altering the original sound signature is exactly what you wanted to do...

Main difference is that using a top class parametric equalizer, like DMG Equality you can surgically tweak the sound signature to your preference (like professionals do), without causing unwanted alterations to the sound. On the other hand, change the pads, and you'll get a different sound signature that will change everything at once in a way that you can't adjust to your preference.

I think you can demo Equality for free if you want to check this for yourself. Equality would cost you more than a pair of pads, but it's a very good investment in the long run. http://www.dmgaudio.com/products_equality.php

You can always go the pad route latter, but it's by far a less precise method of tweaking the sound signature.
Most of the times pleather/leather pads will increase the bass so highs become softer in comparison but the same normally happens with the upper midrange.

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #10,309 of 10,994
Altering the original sound signature is exactly what you wanted to do...

Main difference is that using a top class parametric equalizer, like DMG Equality you can surgically tweak the sound signature to your preference (like professionals do), without causing unwanted alterations to the sound. On the other hand, change the pads, and you'll get a different sound signature that will change everything at once in a way that you can't adjust to your preference.

I think you can demo Equality for free if you want to check this for yourself. Equality would cost you more than a pair of pads, but it's a very good investment in the long run. http://www.dmgaudio.com/products_equality.php

You can always go the pad route latter, but it's by far a less precise method of tweaking the sound signature.
Most of the times pleather/leather pads will increase the bass so highs become softer in comparison but the same normally happens with the upper midrange.

Thanks a lot for the sugestions and great explanation.

Am thankful for the info. Will audition the Equality and decide after that.

Any good pleather to try bro.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #10,310 of 10,994

Thanks,
Jonathan

You're welcome.
EDT770S should fit quite well.

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #10,311 of 10,994

Thanks,
Jonathan

You're welcome.
EDT770S should fit quite well.

I suggest trying the EDT770V (or VB if you prefer black). The V will be a slight shift darker and the S will be a larger shift darker. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #10,312 of 10,994
how much do I adjust the volume on Schiit Valhalla2?
What am I not play that burn in a headphones?
What will be more effective?
Pink noise or white noise or freqeuncy Sweep? or typical music on the FM radio.
Seriously not decide what I have play on the headphones.

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #10,313 of 10,994
how much do I adjust the volume on Schiit Valhalla2?
What am I not play that burn in a headphones?
What will be more effective?
Pink noise or white noise or freqeuncy Sweep? or typical music on the FM radio.
Seriously not decide what I have play on the headphones.

I would just play music that you normally listen to and it will "burn-in" while in use.  You might also just want to leave the amp on with music playing thru them since its usually better for the tubes to not be turned on-off too much

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #10,314 of 10,994
I would just play music that you normally listen to and it will "burn-in" while in use.  You might also just want to leave the amp on with music playing thru them since its usually better for the tubes to not be turned on-off too much

Agreed. Burn in is meant to simulate regular use...so unless you listen to sweeps I think it's best to use your normal tracks :D. But that's just me.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #10,318 of 10,994
I do not have the volume increased? I get my volume is as in the picture?
12'clock

you turn the volume up to 12 and there is no sound?  or at 12 the sound is not loud enough to listen?  If its the first you have some problems that need to be sorted out, if the second then need to check the output level of your source if its adjustable or check the gain switch on the back of the Valhalla2.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #10,319 of 10,994
volume in AIMP I have set to 86% of volume. I not use Windows Directx Mixer.
I use Wasabi exclusive or push.

Most máváme set volume to 3oclock, listening to most at 1-2oclock.
I do not know whether the 12oclock Position enough for seasoning headphones.
headphones produces something between 60-70 dB.
Burn-in bass on 3oclock especially in the low tone (1-40hz) makes a cracking sound.
Frequency sweep enlightens I just higher sounds (500Hz or more) very resonate.

Whether it will be enough for seasoning headphones 12oclock position? Or that I will measure it in decibel.

DAC: Schiit Bifrost Multibit
AMP: Schiit Valhalla 2 (stock tubes)
Cables: Viablue NF S6 Air 0,6m
Optical: WireWorld Supernova 6
Dock: Pure i20-Ipod

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #10,320 of 10,994
I got some Brainwavz Hybrid Memory Foam Earpads from Amazon on Prime Day, and just tried them on my T1. Wow, bass is way boosted and treble is greatly reduced. If you want a new set of headphones for under $30, get these pads. They were not hard to put on, and they are as comfortable as the beyer pads. They won't be for everyone, but they are fun. Heck, adding the Treble booster in EQ and it's very fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back