The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #7,156 of 10,994
Mar 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #7,157 of 10,994
Hello all!
I ordered my T1 yesterday along with the meier daccord and classic. Eagerly awaiting their arrival (hopefully next week or so), I only recently joined the Head-fi community, but I have visited the site and forums extensively when I was saving up for the aforementioned gear!

I'm a uni student so it was a fair while, and the sheer amount of products and information available was (and still is) daunting, not to mention the prices :eek: . Forums like these were a great guide and source of knowledge for me in finally choosing my first high end audio set up, so thanks all!

My current set up is as follows. PC > HRT microstreamer > Audio Technica ATH AD700X 

I expect that I will notice some difference with the new gear, but I regard my current gear as very decent and will continue to use the Microstreamer in a more portable setup. The headphones. I really like what for me was a really clean and expansive sound, but I think it is too large for my head as they tend to slide down and end up being held up by my ears.

Anyway, I've been saving and waiting a long time to be able to post on this thread as an owner of the T1 (albeit presently in a legal rather than a physical capacity) , and I couldn't wait any longer :D 
Pleased to meet you all, and hope to post back after having used the new gear.

all the best!

Welcome and congratulations! You will be rewarded, the T1 is truly outstanding!

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #7,158 of 10,994
I'm looking for a few stock T1 cables.  If anyone has upgraded their cable, and would like to sell their stock cable, send me a PM!

Thanks 

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #7,160 of 10,994

How does it sound?

It's exceeded my expectations.  Coming from a Lyr/UberBifrost setup with my T1's.  I was very content with my Lyr until I heard the T1's on my son's new Burson Soloist and heard some things I'd been missing.  Started to investigate options  and decided I wanted to stay with a tube amp and felt for what I could (kinda) afford the WA2 was it.  I had some great 6922 pairs of tubes from the Lyr and got the power tube and rectifier tube sets that seemed the best for the sound I was looking for.  Didn't even take the stock tubes with the WA2 as I knew I'd never use them.
Just got the WA2 last Thursday and listened all weekend pretty much.  Overall a richer sound, a little bit more rounded...but I would usually read that as at a sacrifice in detail but to my ears it in fact brings more detail.  More  nuanced layers to the soundstage.  Bigger more realistic timbre to the instruments...which is what I look for most.  Even the 'secondary' instruments in the soundstage have great depth.  I listen to a lot of strictly instrumental music...jazz, fusion, some rock...both acoustic and electric.  The WA2 shines here, especially on a lot of the acoustic stuff.  Piano is the best I've ever heard on headphones and acoustic guitar is beautiful as well.  Don't take that that I'm minimizing how well it does electric music.  I'm a drummer so I really look for drum sound realism...the subtleties of the cymbals and small percussion.  The resonant 'bottoms' of the toms and kick.  The different snare tones.  The Woo delivers all of that in spades.  I'm sure there's better out there...but I think I'm going to be smiling for a long time with this.  Really glad I made the move.

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #7,161 of 10,994

It's exceeded my expectations.  Coming from a Lyr/UberBifrost setup with my T1's.  I was very content with my Lyr until I heard the T1's on my son's new Burson Soloist and heard some things I'd been missing.  Started to investigate options  and decided I wanted to stay with a tube amp and felt for what I could (kinda) afford the WA2 was it.  I had some great 6922 pairs of tubes from the Lyr and got the power tube and rectifier tube sets that seemed the best for the sound I was looking for.  Didn't even take the stock tubes with the WA2 as I knew I'd never use them.
Just got the WA2 last Thursday and listened all weekend pretty much.  Overall a richer sound, a little bit more rounded...but I would usually read that as at a sacrifice in detail but to my ears it in fact brings more detail.  More  nuanced layers to the soundstage.  Bigger more realistic timbre to the instruments...which is what I look for most.  Even the 'secondary' instruments in the soundstage have great depth.  I listen to a lot of strictly instrumental music...jazz, fusion, some rock...both acoustic and electric.  The WA2 shines here, especially on a lot of the acoustic stuff.  Piano is the best I've ever heard on headphones and acoustic guitar is beautiful as well.  Don't take that that I'm minimizing how well it does electric music.  I'm a drummer so I really look for drum sound realism...the subtleties of the cymbals and small percussion.  The resonant 'bottoms' of the toms and kick.  The difference snare tones.  The Woo delivers all of that in spades.  I'm sure there's better out there...but I think I'm going to be smiling for a long time with this.  Really glad I made the move.

Nice post, its those details imo that really draw you into the music. Say with the 650 you might just make out something say a tambourine in the background with the T1 you will hear it clearly and it will have a space of its own and have another layer of detail like a sense of brassiness to the tinging as the little cymbals shimmer back and forth. Its seriously good and sucks you in.

Running on tubes also

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #7,162 of 10,994
As much as I love the sound of my T1's with the WA2 I am looking for a tube recommendation.  I'm currently running Tung Sol 5998's as my power tubes, Philips Sittard Miniwatt EZ80 rectifiers and I've tried a variety of nice 6922 variants for my driver pair.  My favorite is a pair of Philips Miniwatt E188CC SQ's.  Gorgeous juicy midrange and solid across the whole spectrum.  I've tried a couple of Siemens pairs, E88CC's from the 60's and Cca A-Frames from the early 70's.  They are both incredibly detailed but they seem a little edgy through the treble area with the T1's and the mids are just recessed enough that I'm not happy with the synergy. 
My question is to any T1 owner who also has a WA2, is there a particular 6922 variant that would provide a warmer, 'tubier' sound signature to have for variety when I'm looking for something a little different than I get with my go-to Miniwatt E188CC's.
A Mullard pair maybe...??  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #7,163 of 10,994
  As much as I love the sound of my T1's with the WA2 I am looking for a tube recommendation.  I'm currently running Tung Sol 5998's as my power tubes, Philips Sittard Miniwatt EZ80 rectifiers and I've tried a variety of nice 6922 variants for my driver pair.  My favorite is a pair of Philips Miniwatt E188CC SQ's.  Gorgeous juicy midrange and solid across the whole spectrum.  I've tried a couple of Siemens pairs, E88CC's from the 60's and Cca A-Frames from the early 70's.  They are both incredibly detailed but they seem a little edgy through the treble area with the T1's and the mids are just recessed enough that I'm not happy with the synergy. 
My question is to any T1 owner who also has a WA2, is there a particular 6922 variant that would provide a warmer, 'tubier' sound signature to have for variety when I'm looking for something a little different than I get with my go-to Miniwatt E188CC's.
A Mullard pair maybe...??  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have WA2/T1 combo - i use - 5998 /RFT EZ80/ Jan S 7308. I like the sound of that combo a lot. I haven't rolled rectifiers that much but i know Dubstep girl really liked the Amperex  orange globes for driver tubes. 

I'd say try the globes i don't think they are that expensive - maybe dubstep girl still has some left that she might sell, i know she sold a lot of tubes a while back but maybe she has some globes left. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #7,165 of 10,994
My T1 along with the meier daccord and classic arrived today! I'm finally a T1 owner :D
This is my first high end set up so very happy and excited. 

I'll give the new equipment some time to burn in before hopefully posting my thoughts from the perspective of someone just beginning their 'audiophile' journey.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #7,167 of 10,994
  My T1 along with the meier daccord and classic arrived today! I'm finally a T1 owner :D
This is my first high end set up so very happy and excited. 

I'll give the new equipment some time to burn in before hopefully posting my thoughts from the perspective of someone just beginning their 'audiophile' journey.

Im using the same amp and a very similar dac. 

The Corda Classic + T1 is an amazing combo. 

Props on the purchase. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #7,168 of 10,994
Question

Tha factory needs 2 monthes to bulid the phones?

I asked here one reselller and told me they need 2 months to have it ready and delivered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back