The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 4, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #6,662 of 10,994
You might want to check this thread if you want a nice sounding OTL that won't cost an arm and a leg.
Some participants are using Glenn's amps with the T1

w.head-fi.org/t/600110/2359glenn-studio

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #6,664 of 10,994
Out of interest what sort of price would a set of premium tubes for the WA2 go for?

Well tung sol 5998 ($200 for pair), amperex drivers (anywhere from 100 a pair for 6dj8s up to 350 a pair for for the nice pq whites or some of the other rare ones out there), and rectifers like 100 a pair maybe more for the really nice ones.

U wouldnt need the gec 6as7g with t1, so that lowers the cost considerably since those cost about 2-3 times the price of the 5998

You might want to check this thread if you want a nice sounding OTL that won't cost an arm and a leg.

+1 i loved glenn otl with t1, tubes can be cheap like wa2 or much more expensive if u decide to max it out.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #6,665 of 10,994

you have the amplifier.
now, buy the T1
deadhorse.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #6,666 of 10,994
Had my T1's recabled with Moon Audio Black Dragon V2's and have had them back from Drew for about 2 weeks (it's worth mentioning that having them recabled by Moon Audio does NOT void the Beyerdynamic warranty).  Have loved my T1's since the day I got them....was very happy with the T1's stock and realistically I was hoping at best for a few nice subtle improvements. I was prepared for no improvement at all.  Somewhat surprisingly to me then this has turned into a significant upgrade.  Soundstage is a whole new ballgame. Much more nuanced...at times almost atmospheric. More weight and realism to everything. I've been a drummer for over 40 years...was concerned that the added weight of the Black Dragons on the bottom end might take away from the cymbal dynamics and detail. Drew told me not to worry about it and he was right. With the subtle clean up the Black Dragons did to the T1's treble side there is actually more detail and realism to my ears now. AND the "bottoms" of the drums...Oh My God, closest thing to being behind the drum kit I've ever heard on headphones. Bass and drums are physically palpable. Mids and vocals are gorgeous. I have never felt more connected listening to music !! Thanks, Drew !!!  A great headphone even better !!!

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #6,668 of 10,994
Can anyone reccomend a good portable amp for my T1. Best bang for the buck would be best as my pockets are still recovering from my TH-900 that i just purchased. Planning to use it on the road with my iphone. Thanks.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #6,669 of 10,994
I have the Black Dragon with a 4 pin balanced termination and 4 pin to single end adaptor as well. Totally agree on its impact on my balance-ready T1. I feel that it also smoothens out the trebles. :) Drew does do a fantastic job with copper.

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #6,670 of 10,994
Can anyone reccomend a good portable amp for my T1. Best bang for the buck would be best as my pockets are still recovering from my TH-900 that i just purchased. Planning to use it on the road with my iphone. Thanks.

I really like the Tralucent T1 with my Beyer T1s (except for the confusion about which T1 I'm talking about). For the money it's really hard to beat.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #6,671 of 10,994
  Had my T1's recabled with Moon Audio Black Dragon V2's and have had them back from Drew for about 2 weeks (it's worth mentioning that having them recabled by Moon Audio does NOT void the Beyerdynamic warranty). 

i have one with the Black dragon V2 finally in my home with my system,
i sad that i was not impressed with my first T1 but this second is another thing.
but i don´t know if the new T1(with the new headband)sounds like the first or different

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #6,672 of 10,994
  Had my T1's recabled with Moon Audio Black Dragon V2's and have had them back from Drew for about 2 weeks (it's worth mentioning that having them recabled by Moon Audio does NOT void the Beyerdynamic warranty).  Have loved my T1's since the day I got them....was very happy with the T1's stock and realistically I was hoping at best for a few nice subtle improvements. I was prepared for no improvement at all.  Somewhat surprisingly to me then this has turned into a significant upgrade.  Soundstage is a whole new ballgame. Much more nuanced...at times almost atmospheric. More weight and realism to everything. I've been a drummer for over 40 years...was concerned that the added weight of the Black Dragons on the bottom end might take away from the cymbal dynamics and detail. Drew told me not to worry about it and he was right. With the subtle clean up the Black Dragons did to the T1's treble side there is actually more detail and realism to my ears now. AND the "bottoms" of the drums...Oh My God, closest thing to being behind the drum kit I've ever heard on headphones. Bass and drums are physically palpable. Mids and vocals are gorgeous. I have never felt more connected listening to music !! Thanks, Drew !!!  A great headphone even better !!!

Thinking about having the T1 converted to mini XLR so I can share it with my LCD-X/XC cable and the new Q-Audio cable I have coming.  I seriously HATE the T1 cable.  It is the headphones biggest issue for me that fat heavy beast hanging from an otherwise very lightweight high performing headphone.  The T1 only weigh 330 grams without the cable which is featherweight but feel a lot heavier with it.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #6,675 of 10,994

Users who are viewing this thread

Back