The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 22, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #6,466 of 10,994
  I've been doing head to head comparison of multiple HP's (HD595/HD650/HD800/HE400) with The Beatles Sgt. Pepper on high res 24/44>OPPO BDP-105>Meier Daccord>Meier Corda Classic.
No other HP above compared with the T1's ability to really bring out McCartney's bass guitar.  If there ever was a question about why he shows up on other musicians top ten lists for bass playing this album and the T1 brings it all to life.  
I have never had a single regret about buying these HP's.

I'm glad someone else noticed.  I have never heard more satisfying electric bass guitar than how the T1 manages it.  If I was a electric bassist - these would be the cans for me.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #6,467 of 10,994
Just bought a T1 for ~12 hrs and it's already giving me wonderful times!
The electric guitar is really defined and clear.
The music feels to run slower (comparing to HD598), which I think is the T1 manages to temporal separate each sound.
Finger crossed for burn-in!

PS. paired Fiio E09K / E17 for now.
Also briefly tried AcousticPlan DriveMaster (CD player) -> DigiMaster (DAC) -> E09K at a friend's place.
Planning to get Schiit Uber Bifrost / Valhalla later :wink:

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #6,468 of 10,994
The music feels to run slower (comparing to HD598), which I think is the T1 manages to temporal separate each sound.

Also briefly tried AcousticPlan DriveMaster (CD player) -> DigiMaster (DAC) -> E09K at a friend's place.

Congrats!!

The E09K does a good job, but you'll love how well they scale with better gear!

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #6,469 of 10,994

The Lyr pairs better than the Valhalla with the T1.  The Valhalla is great for the HD650, IMO. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #6,470 of 10,994
  T1 (and now the HE-6) are great at bringing out guitars, i think they are better rock headphones than grados btw. (and i am a huge fan of the RS1i).

Yeah... They are a slightly different presentation to the grados for rock, but in my mind just as good (I had RS1i previously to T1) and as they work much much better for other genres, I don't really use the RS1i these days...

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #6,472 of 10,994
  Caught Muse live this Fall, Matt Bellamy is great.

Muse is wonderful on the T1, no doubt.

I'm glad someone else noticed.  I have never heard more satisfying electric bass guitar than how the T1 manages it.  If I was a electric bassist - these would be the cans for me.

Try out a well-driven HE-6 sometime...maaannn! A few of us who recently entered the HE-6 fray are selling our T1 now, Dubstep Girl referred to them as the "ortho T1", a descriptor I can totally relate too.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #6,473 of 10,994
It seems this thread may be taking a turn toward the "HE-6 vs. T1" direction.

The HE-6 is a fine headphone indeed but why I would want an "ortho T1" is beyond my comprehension.
Based on my HE-6 audition memory they are quite different especially regarding soundstage and comfort,
both of which the T1 was much preferable for me.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #6,475 of 10,994
  It seems this thread may be taking a turn toward the "HE-6 vs. T1" direction.

Not at all, I'm a fan of both :)

Agreed that comfort of course goes to the T1s, which are magnificent there.

Soundstage, there isn't really anything in it on my system.

I only mentioned it here since the parallel was drawn to the T1 elsewhere, which I thought was interesting (and quite apt). Well, that, and I had been listening to Muse on my HE-6 a few minutes before seeing them mentioned in this thread.

The thing that always keeps me from looking at the HE-6 is the crazy power requirements. I know that's appealing to some people, but I want headphones that my existing amps can run rather than having to buy an amp just to drive a single set of headphones.

Definitely a consideration, no doubt. The Auralic Taurus MKII is treating me pretty well on all my headphones so far, although only early days there. You can drive them pretty admirably on some quite low cost gear like the Emotiva Mini-X too.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #6,476 of 10,994
Both of these cans are TOTL..how one excels over another v much depends on the rest of the gears...
maybe an earpadchange, would suddenly give that edge to one, so i kept both n keep on tweaking.

(I am using the HE6 pleatherpad on the T1, and the AD2000pad on the HE6...lol.
Both seemed to come more ALIVE/ Involving after. )

I am using a cheap tiny SMSL S-50 50W Tripath amp hooked to a CSP2+ for the HE6 right this moment..
perfect for a side table:p
http://www.amazon.com/SMSL-TDA7492-Integrated-Tripath-Amplifier/dp/B00F0H8TOC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390458428&sr=8-2&keywords=smsl+sa-50

Still wondering if i should add a 4pin XLR to my T1...hmmmmm..and see where else it would take me.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #6,478 of 10,994

(sample picture from web)
I m using a cable tat has 4spkr taps to a female4pin XLR

And the can is terminated with a male 4pin XLR.

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #6,479 of 10,994

Muse is wonderful on the T1, no doubt.

Try out a well-driven HE-6 sometime...maaannn! A few of us who recently entered the HE-6 fray are selling our T1 now, Dubstep Girl referred to them as the "ortho T1", a descriptor I can totally relate too.

In terms of "bass rhythm?" I'm pretty sure it is the semi closed nature of the T1 that gives it this quality.  I can't imagine an open can achieving such bass type.

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #6,480 of 10,994
There really is no comparison between the T1 and HE-6 to be honest.  One is a heavy ortho which is pretty uncomfortable and has questionable build quality and requires a massive amp just to sound decent.  The other isn't and doesn't on all accounts.  The T1 wins in comfort, quality, efficiency, and sound quality in my opinion.  Even though my top dog headphones are now the LCD-X and XC I have decided to keep the T1 as a lighter brighter option for days when that is what I want.  The HE-6 went straight back to the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back