The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 15, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #6,362 of 10,994
  First impressions on T1. These things are incredibly detailed and the soundstage/imaging is absolutely fantastic. I find myself just listening to these for several hours. One thing that i hope improves as i listen more is bass. Coming from the DT880s. I find the bass of the T1s to be just slightly better. I know that the T1s are suppose to have more impact and just overall better bass, than 880s. Comfort is very good atleast for me. They are slightly less comfortable than my DT880s, because they are noticeably heavier. Overall very happy and like somebody said on this thread couple of pages ago. The T1s are something special.

What's your amp, Filleri? I find the T1s to have significantly cleaner bass than the DT880s so it might be a synergy thing.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #6,365 of 10,994
Own 2 pair of the T1's I like them so much.  Use a T5p at work where a closed headphone is better.  Both home and work using WA7 amps.  I like the crisp details and smooth punchy bass both of these models and only wish the T1 8k peak were just a touch lower but it really doesn't bother me much.  It does bring the vocals forward and add emotion to the music though so perhaps it isn't really an issue.  Just ordered an LCD-X and an XC to have a second opinion/option/spirit at both home and work.  The big guns head to head, dynamic vs planar look out 
L3000.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #6,366 of 10,994
T1 requires extended burn-in at a sound volume higher then you would listen to normally for so long... recommend using a program like 'Burnin' for the mac and at 3/4 volume and progress through white, pink, and brown, noise for about 24 hours each before even listening to them.  Makes a huge difference. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #6,367 of 10,994
Pretty cool that you own two copies of the mighty T1.

But I disagree entirely with your take on burn-in! I think any measurable difference of the headphone's characteristics is inaudible and the perceived difference is psychological.

But hey, this isn't the science forum so to each his own.

I would be interested in a comparison of the T1 and the Audeze LCD-X, in case you were planning to post some comments on that 
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #6,368 of 10,994
  I had T1 with Soloist and WA2 at the same time and even though Soloist was decent pair, I preferred WA2, however I had PS Audio DL3 as a DAC back then.
I's not sure how DAC section of conductor sounds though
IMO T1 sound better when some sweetness is added through your chain
I haven't had chance to hear DP 1 in person so can't comment on that.

i still miss my DL3 / WA2 days sometimes. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #6,369 of 10,994
Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p no question.  Assuming the X will trump the T1 as well but have yet to open those.  Still love my Beyers but this is making me think twice...

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #6,370 of 10,994
Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p no question.  Assuming the X will trump the T1 as well but have yet to open those.  Still love my Beyers but this is making me think twice...

They are undeniably awesome.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #6,371 of 10,994
I liked the XC tremendously at the NY Audio Show, while I disliked the LCD-X at the recent NY meet. Seamed a bit dry, but to each his own

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #6,372 of 10,994
There isn't much of a sound signature difference to be honest between the XC and X.  They are both very emotional and grooving yet flat at the same time.  The best of both worlds?  No wonder they are marketing these in between the studio professional and the audiophile.  They are both acoustically accurate and passionate.

interestingly they are both more efficient then the T5p even which is impressive in it's own right. super amp not at all required.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #6,373 of 10,994
  A question to all the happy T1 users.

I am thinking of getting a DAC/AMP combo for my set nad wanted to know if anyone has any experience using T1s with Eximus DP1 or Burson Conductor?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not happy really with my Burson 160D and T1. T1 are wonderful paired with OTL. Not because tubes make T1 smooth or sweet, but because OTLs guarantee enough power to feed them. Remember that they are 600 Ohm (nominal) and reach 1400 Ohm. Poor SS like Burson might have a little bit of distortion in higher frequencies, that's why sometimes T1 becomes HOT. I have something similar to Bottle Head Crack with "bright" sounding tubes (Siemens 6992 & Svetlana 6as7) and it sounds perfectly.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #6,374 of 10,994

I'm not happy really with my Burson 160D and T1. T1 are wonderful paired with OTL. Not because tubes make T1 smooth or sweet, but because OTLs guarantee enough power to feed them. Remember that they are 600 Ohm (nominal) and reach 1400 Ohm. Poor SS like Burson might have a little bit of distortion in higher frequencies, that's why sometimes T1 becomes HOT. I have something similar to Bottle Head Crack with "bright" sounding tubes (Siemens 6992 & Svetlana 6as7) and it sounds perfectly.

You may be right about the 160D. However, the 160D is no Soloist. These are two very different animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back