The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #3,631 of 10,994
T1 came today...sounds outstanding. Finally a headphone I want to keep! 

Aune T1 tube USB DAC (Matsu****a tube)--->Emotiva Mini-x A-100--->Beyer T1

I also did the shield cable mod already....awesome stuff!

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #3,633 of 10,994
Quick question re: build revisions for the T1.

While I quite like the sound signature of the T1 in general and consider it a sufficient improvement over the HD650 to be a keeper, my patience is being tested as I've had way too many build quality issues with these. The design is also a lazy exercise in 'let's see how far we can bling out the exact same design we've had like ever' which just makes it an anchor among other things. Arguably even Grato with their "secondary school woodworking project" build does better-built flagships better than the compromised item Beyer seems to have churned out.

I'm about to RMA my other pair for yet another headband issue but I'm wondering, since when my main pair was replaced it came back with a completely revised headband and parts of the earcup mount assembly, how many notable hardware revisions there have been for the T1... and as a secondary question, whether those on the latest revision are having any hardware issues. Any ideas?

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #3,635 of 10,994
Quote:
Quick question re: build revisions for the T1.

Arguably even Grato with their "secondary school woodworking project" build does better-built flagships better than the compromised item Beyer seems to have churned out.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #3,637 of 10,994
I feel myself liking the T1 more and more as I keep listening to them. I think the HD 800's are extraordinary, but for a lot of music, and songs specifically within an artist's catalog, no matter what the genre, I do prefer the T1. I'm glad I'm able to go back and forth between them comparing different tracks. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,638 of 10,994
hi, I just received my T1 from amazon today and while i was testing it for the first 5 minutes or so with my WA6SE, i heard buzzing sound twice on the left size of the headphones even when i turned the volume down. it lasted for a couple seconds each time, this has never happened with the lcd2. may i know if this is considered a defective unit? if not, may i know if there's a way to avoid the buzzing sound? thanks

Your LCD 2s don't need the juice those t1s do so what your probably hearing is tube leakage. It's a natural part of owning a tube amp. I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues constantly. Try tube rolling to find a better match up

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,639 of 10,994
Your LCD 2s don't need the juice those t1s do so what your probably hearing is tube leakage. It's a natural part of owning a tube amp. I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues constantly. Try tube rolling to find a better match up

I have been listening to it with another tube on the WA6SE and also tried it on another amp for a couple hours today, so far the buzzing sound hasn't resurfaced yet. thanks for the suggestion tho

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3,641 of 10,994
would be even cooler if those where to be the last t1s ever made, I'm just wondering whats next from beyerdynamic flag sphere, but that's probably for another thread, anyway I just can't find the will to put my ears back in between the hd650s

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #3,643 of 10,994
S/N 9258 reporting in! Can someone tell me how *new* this is? It seems to have the later revision's headband too. 

Pairing it with the Asgard, my very first impression is, wow this thing is bright. But not overly bright at all, this much I can deal with, at least it doesn't sound thin and bassless like the HD800 I auditioned once, maybe the Nuforce UDAC 9 was too bright. Bass is good, it goes low but impact is not quite as much as the D7000. Details retrieval is at least as good as the Q701 if not better. Velour pads don't get along with my glasses as always, I'll try to get used to this, or get a new pair of glasses frame :p Not quite wowed yet, but very pleased so far.

I think the T1 will complement my D7000 very well. As a late X-Mas/new year present to myself I'm quite happy 
dt880smile.png

Also, how long should I be burning these guys in? I've always listened right out of box with my previous cans, even the Q701 seemed fine to me that way. But I'm curious how burn in may change the T1 since it's a flagship after all, hopefully the treble will settle down a bit.

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #3,644 of 10,994
i listened out of the box and than burned them for 50h and they got overall smoother, and then 50h again, and so on, but the 1st 50h made the biggest difference, after 250 and more i felt they substantially gained in liquidity

i wear glasses too, but they are far more glasses friendly than my hd650, especially around the ear where the frame holds on, no discomfort, no pain in that area, because of the lighter pressure, and i have really thin frame, 1 to 2 mm, but still makes my glasses align strangely on the nose... dont really know what kind of earpads shuld manufacturers invent to address this issues?

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #3,645 of 10,994
i listened out of the box and than burned them for 50h and they got overall smoother, and then 50h again, and so on, but the 1st 50h made the biggest difference, after 250 and more i felt they substantially gained in liquidity

+1

After 50hrs of casual listening, everything sounds smoother and more natural.

I've not reached my 250th hr milestone and look forward to it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back