The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #3,573 of 10,994
Is there anyone who compared more than one set of T1 side by side?
Basically i have 3 T1 headphones here: one T1 sn 55xx and two T1 sn 99xx.
The T1 with sn 55xx is brighter and a little bit more revealing in general, and the other two with sn 99xx have a darker sound (the difference is not big but it's there and it makes it really hard for me to decide which one is "the best" and which one i will keep)
Seems like with the brighter sn 55xx T1 it's easier to hear the instruments separation and it has more airy and 3D sound signature but a little bit less bass and low mid impact or punch.
With the newer sn 99xx T1 the sound is more focused (by focus i mean a narrower soundstage) and vocals for example have less air and more body, and the whole low frequency area is more prominent and i can hear the bass the same as the brighter T1 but on the newer sn 99xx i can also feel the bass and sub bass so it's hard to say if the bass in the newer T1 considered to be colored or accurate compare to the brighter T1.
So basically the question is: what will be the sound after 100 or 200 hours of burn in? if usually after a burn in the T1 are getting mellower and the bass is getting fuller so i think it's better to keep the brighter T1
What do you think in general beyerdynamic would do? Make the newer headphones "better" after learning what to improve in their product?

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #3,574 of 10,994
Quote:
The T1 with sn 55xx is brighter and a little bit more revealing in general, and the other two with sn 99xx have a darker sound (the difference is not big but it's there and it makes it really hard for me to decide which one is "the best" and which one i will keep)
Seems like with the brighter sn 55xx T1 it's easier to hear the instruments separation and it has more airy and 3D sound signature but a little bit less bass and low mid impact or punch.
With the newer sn 99xx T1 the sound is more focused (by focus i mean a narrower soundstage) and vocals for example have less air and more body, and the whole low frequency area is more prominent and i can hear the bass the same as the brighter T1 but on the newer sn 99xx i can also feel the bass and sub bass so it's hard to say if the bass in the newer T1 considered to be colored or accurate compare to the brighter T1.

Whoa!
eek.gif

You must really love the T1 to have bought THREE of them!

My T1's serial number is 78xx which makes it somewhere in the middle of your 55xx and 99xx.
Too bad we are not living close to one another otherwise I would, out of curiosity, love to lend you my pair to see if the sonics are in between the 55xx and 99xx.

If the T1 is paired with a SS amp, your experience might prove useful to those who can't change the sonics w.r.t. brightness or soundstage size.

However, I'm using a tube amp.
This means that I can tailor the brightness/clarity or soundstage size by simply popping in another valve, if I ever wanted to.

Dec 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #3,575 of 10,994
SN 9361 checking in. I wasn't necessarily in the market for these but I came across a deal a couple weeks ago that I couldn't refuse. I picked them up brand new from Amazon for $862 after CA tax thanks to the 10% off Amazon code and the 5% cash back Discover promotion during December. 

I have about 60 hours on them so far and they are fantastic. They finally convinced me to start some tube rolling adventures too; I have a pair of 6ZH1P's on the way to drop into my Little Dot MKIV that I'm pretty excited about. 

Dec 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3,576 of 10,994
Quote:
So basically the question is: what will be the sound after 100 or 200 hours of burn in? if usually after a burn in the T1 are getting mellower and the bass is getting fuller so i think it's better to keep the brighter T1
What do you think in general beyerdynamic would do? Make the newer headphones "better" after learning what to improve in their product?

blink.gif

i have 5680. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #3,578 of 10,994
Quote:
Finally an owner of them! I've always wanted them ahhh. They're amazing.

Though my current odac + o2 may not drive them to their full potential. 
I'm hoping to get a Lafigaro 339 next month or so.

Cheers everyone
beerchug.gif

Interesting , how does it sound with O2 ? or peraphs wait for 339 and compare both ^^

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #3,579 of 10,994
I would also like some thoughts on O2 with the T1s. The whole objective thing - and you know. That 'not driving them to their full capabilities' sounds fishy at least. If it gets loud enough, it drives them well. Basically that's what amps are for.  -From the objective point of view of course!

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #3,581 of 10,994
Ya T1 is quite easy to Get "loud level" , with a cheapo HA INFO U2 Plus i never past 9'oclock . But in comparison to my also gone Auditor  ... even with somewhat level matched volume (using a cheap decibelmeter and constant tone)  Auditor was better . Also same with A-GD C2.1 VS Auditor .

The T1 is the best headphone i ever had objectively . The thing is T1 + Auditor => well everything "improved a bit" , but bass "improved" too in quantity and impact , and this "bass improvemement " at first didn't bother me at all and it  was quite fun , but after some months , it started to bother me 
frown.gif
, DT-880-600 bass quantity / impact was perfect for me (ya T1 bass are richer etc ) . 
EQ ? well when i start playing with EQ it never stop 
bigsmile_face.gif
, so i avoid using it .

And i ended with AD2000 
rolleyes.gif
+o2 setup wich i love a bit more than my Old T1 + Auditor setup (the bass thing killed it ) , but i still regret my T1 ... and some times i think , peraphs O2 would give me the same level of transparency / details than Auditor , but without the extra little boost on bass ? or it would sould ridicoulously similar
tongue.gif
 (as Amps should have "no sound" ) 

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #3,582 of 10,994
well if you found the DT 880 better than the T1 because of bass.  than yeah, it would sound ridiculously similar. the auditor isn't known for being an overly bassy amp or anything. in fact, its supposed to be quite neutral.

plus the T1 has more bass than the dt 880. thats just how it sounds.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #3,583 of 10,994
Quote:
well if you found the DT 880 better than the T1 because of bass.  than yeah, it would sound ridiculously similar. the auditor isn't known for being an overly bassy amp or anything. in fact, its supposed to be quite neutral.

plus the T1 has more bass than the dt 880. thats just how it sounds.

No globally i prefer T1 , it's just the bass quantity/impact of T1 that bother me  , on this aspect i liked DT-880 more ^^ (T1 bass are better laywered , textured , detailed etc) but peraphs T1 is too bassy for my taste that's all 
tongue.gif
, and peraphs i should subscrive to HD800 thread 
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #3,584 of 10,994
Posted this in the Soloist thread but didn't get much traction. Maybe this is the place for it....

Hi guys. I currently have the the LCD2 and I'm seriously considering the T1 and soloist. However, I'm hearing that people are also loving the mjolnir with the lcd 2. What would be the better value? Mjolnir and balanced cables for the lcd 2 or having the lcd2 and t1 with the soloist?

Also, will the t1 sound good on the mjolnir if it is recabled as balanced?

I hope im not derailing the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back