The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #2,476 of 10,994
Quote:
I find the HD600 to sound more like the T1 then the HD650 does. The HD650 has too much bass and not enough treble to be similar. The HD600 has many similar qualities to the T1 (smoother, full, and detailed). The HD600 would actually be warmer than the T1 but still it's a much better choice than the HD650. The HD600 is not that power hungry and an OTL amp could power it perfectly.

The Taboo is a nice option but I would only recommend it if you were interested in cans like the HE-500 or HE-6. The T1 and HD600 can get by with out 100mW-200mW, so having 6W on tap is a bit much for them.

+1

HD 600 would be closer to a T1 sound than HD 650s, another option to consider would be the K701 or the DT 880, although they have less bass than the hd 600 i think. 

the HD 650 sounds nothing like the T1, completely opposite because the HD 650 is dark and has a much warmer sound with less treble emphasis.

May 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2,477 of 10,994
Hey everyone, I just got my T1 and i'm gonna save the happiness for now .. the sound quality is mind blowing without an amp straight from my laptop, but the problem is the BASS, it has some weird sound like rattling when i crank the volume up !!!! and that just with right channel ... any idea how to fix it ??! or do i have to send it for a long journey to beyerdynamic to fix it , any help would be appreciated ... :frowning2:

May 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #2,478 of 10,994
Quote:
Hey everyone, I just got my T1 and i'm gonna save the happiness for now .. the sound quality is mind blowing without an amp straight from my laptop, but the problem is the BASS, it has some weird sound like rattling when i crank the volume up !!!! and that just with right channel ... any idea how to fix it ??! or do i have to send it for a long journey to beyerdynamic to fix it , any help would be appreciated ... :frowning2:

That doesn't sound right at all. I've never tried to drive mine from a laptop, but it seems you would have to crank the volume to get much sound. That would cause bass distortion, but 'rattling'? I would try a decent amp, and if remains like that I would return it to the seller if you just got them. They should take care of you if they are an authorized Beyer dealer.

May 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #2,479 of 10,994
Quote:

That doesn't sound right at all. I've never tried to drive mine from a laptop, but it seems you would have to crank the volume to get much sound. That would cause bass distortion, but 'rattling'? I would try a decent amp, and if remains like that I would return it to the seller if you just got them. They should take care of you if they are an authorized Beyer dealer.

the amp is shipped from china so i can't sit around waiting for it, i plugged it straight from the laptop. like i said, the sound is very detailed and open and 3D like comparing to my D5k, but there's a slight rattling with the bass from the right channel .. oh i wish i could fix it my self, i really don't wanna send it back and wait for couple of weeks ... thanks anyway

May 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #2,480 of 10,994
Quote:
the amp is shipped from china so i can't sit around waiting for it, i plugged it straight from the laptop. like i said, the sound is very detailed and open and 3D like comparing to my D5k, but there's a slight rattling with the bass from the right channel .. oh i wish i could fix it my self, i really don't wanna send it back and wait for couple of weeks ... thanks anyway

Sounds like you have got a pair that have been sent back and resold as an open box,I would get them sent back and get a refund why you can, i new they sounded a bit dodgey calling a faulty set nearly new it's just a con,don't be conned by them and get a refund why you can i know i would! DONT WASTE $750 ON FAULTY CRAP

May 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #2,485 of 10,994
Quote:
id say start by taking off the pad and looking around in there.  i dont know how to open the actual headphone up though. im sure someone does.

I think zombie_x would be the man to ask about your problem

May 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #2,487 of 10,994
Quote:

I just sent a pair of T70 back to Amazon because of a right side driver issue. I ran a low frequency test tone sweep and discovered a continuous clicking sound in the 10 to 30 Hz range, like a metal on metal sound. Voice coil on magnet? My DT880 600 and 990 600 played the sweep with no issues. I'll be receiving a new replacement pair and will be running the same test.

If he takes them apart and can't put them back together again he won't get no refund,it's not like they are grado sr60i or something that cost under $100 he payed $750 for them someones laughing somewhere don't you think and it's not medo!

Amazon gets the Watchdog treatment

Print
Posted 09 December 2008 10:00am by Graham Charlton with 2 comments
  1. [size=1px !important]inShare[/size][size=1px !important]0[/size]​
  1. [size=1px !important]0[/size]
    [size=1px !important]inShare[/size]​
Amazon Marketplace was featured on Watchdog last night, with complaints about dodgy sellers and the availability of pepper spray on the site the target of the consumer programme.
Watchdog (on iPlayer) found several instances of customers buying items on the Marketplace, receiving emails purporting to be from Amazon, paying by transfer service Moneygram and not receiving the products.
Some of the details should have set alarm bells ringing for the buyers, such as getting a 40" Sony Bravia TV at £300, being asked to take the payment outside of Amazon's system, as well as the lie that the website's payments system was down.
Clearly, a savvier online shopper would and should have smelled a rat here, so it is hard to feel too much sympathy, but the fact that people tend to trust Amazon and it is linked to these transactions perhaps makes buyers less suspicious than they would normally be.
It could be argued that Amazon doesn't make it clear enough that people are buying some items from third parties, rather than direct from the retailer. Items from Amazon Marketplace are integrated into the site search results and also given the benefit of Amazon's detailed product pages.
Shoppers unaware of the distinction may think they are buying direct from Amazon, not a third party, as in this search result for the Wii Fit board, an item that is proving to be tricky to track down this Christmas:
3093807982_d112849f0d_o.jpg

Aside from the fairly steep price (it can be bought elsewhere for much less), the only indication that the seller is not Amazon itself is the relatively small text under the price and just above the 'add to shopping basket' button.
I think Watchdog could perhaps have spent a little more time giving viewers tips about how to avoid such scams; checking sellers' feedback scores more closely and never paying for items off the site.
However, having such unscrupulous sellers on its site and the resulting bad publicity on TV is not good for the Amazon brand. The Marketplace is clearly important for the online retail giant, accounting for a third of its sales.
Another online marketplace, eBay, was the subject of a Watchdog item about the sake of counterfeit goods on its site, something Amazon was also criticised for last night.
On this occasion, eBay was held up as an example of how it should be done. According to Max Vetter of the Counterfeiting Intelligence Bureau:
"Compared with eBay, Amazon doesn't seem to have any system in place that could quickly remove counterfeit goods from its sites".
Buyers do need to be a lot more wary than the people shown on BBC last night, but Amazon should still be taking steps to remove dubious sellers and items from its site, and also educating users about how to use the Marketplace.
What do you think? Should Amazon be more vigilant over what is displayed on its site or do buyers need to be more careful?
Graham Charlton is a researcher at E-consultancy. Find him on Twitter here.
Related articles:
Being on BBC's Watchdog - how much traffic does prime time TV drive to your site?
Ten things Amazon can do better online
Graham Charlton is Editor at Econsultancy. Follow him on Twitter or connect via Linkedin or Google+.

May 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #2,488 of 10,994
When you pop the pads off, you will see a plastic ring aroudn the driver that holds it in place. You have to use a small jewelry flat head screwdriver to pop out the ring. You have to look for some indents where the screw driver can be lodged and once you find them just gently pry them out.

Sometimes hair can be on the backside of the driver and even the internal wiring in the cup can cause the vibrations if the wire it touching the driver. Look around the inside the driver, gently blow on the back of the driver to free any particulates that may be there, and re-assemble the headphone. Give it a listen and see if the sound persists. 

Even blowing on the front of the driver may help to free any debris such as hair, from the driver. I don't know if the T1 or T70 have the sticky driver coating that the DT770-DT990 have, but it's worth a look to see if anything is stuck if they do.

I think I'll have to make a video on how to take apart a T1 for you guys, maybe even how to solder the wire in. What do you guys think?

Quote:
id say start by taking off the pad and looking around in there.  i dont know how to open the actual headphone up though. im sure someone does.

May 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2,489 of 10,994
Quote:
When you pop the pads off, you will see a plastic ring aroudn the driver that holds it in place. You have to use a small jewelry flat head screwdriver to pop out the ring. You have to look for some indents where the screw driver can be lodged and once you find them just gently pry them out.

I think I'll have to make a video on how to take apart a T1 for you guys, maybe even how to solder the wire in. What do you guys think?
I think you should check on the amazon website and see which headphones are going cheap and then do a video on them all to help the people on head-fi out!

May 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2,490 of 10,994
Quote:

I just sent a pair of T70 back to Amazon because of a right side driver issue. I ran a low frequency test tone sweep and discovered a continuous clicking sound in the 10 to 30 Hz range, like a metal on metal sound. Voice coil on magnet? My DT880 600 and 990 600 played the sweep with no issues. I'll be receiving a new replacement pair and will be running the same test.

when did you back send it back I hope I am not getting stuck with that pair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back