The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,251 of 10,994

It's funny you mention Billie Jean-that's a song I always use when I get new equipment because it just sounds ridiculously...GOOD. The bass, the clarity...just the overall quality of the recording is absolutely stellar imo. From the 'Number Ones' album, fwiw.

-Daniel
Quote:
Are you using the Woo amp for your T1s? As I was doing my research here, it seems that many people loved the combination of the T1s with the Woo gear. On top of that, it's some of the most beautiful gear on the market, in my opinion.

Late last night and into this morning, I couldn' stop listening to the T1s even though it was really getting late. I won't use some of the tired cliches about how I heard details in my music that I had never heard before, but I found myself listening to older music that I NEVER listen to. Some of it just sounded ridiculously good, most notably Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean". On some other tracks, you could even hear aspects of the recording environment caught on the recording. There were a few discs where you could tell that they were recording in an environment where there was some reverberation or an echo type effect present. Almost  like how it sounds when you're in a bathroom or some other place where when you sing you can clearly hear your voice echoing in the room as you perform. You can actually hear it in the recording and the details are there in spades.

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #2,252 of 10,994

Quote:
It's funny you mention Billie Jean-that's a song I always use when I get new equipment because it just sounds ridiculously...GOOD. The bass, the clarity...just the overall quality of the recording is absolutely stellar imo. From the 'Number Ones' album, fwiw.

-Daniel

lol, yep, same album I was listening to...Im just a little late to the party I guess, cause you're exactly right...the track is amazing for a demo...not to mention a legendary song from MJ.

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #2,253 of 10,994

Quote:

Maybe that is the case. I'll give it more test runs, but even with the frequency graph as proof, I doubt I might find the T1's bass to my liking.

There's nothing wrong with not liking them, and I didn't mean to post those in an attempt to convince you of anything. Sometimes we all hear differently, and this was one of those cases where I was like, "what!?!, how can we be hearing so differently??"  lol

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #2,254 of 10,994
yeah its been 3 months almost since i sent in my T1. 

i sent them to the authorized US beyerdynamic repair place, its called the sound surgeon.

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #2,255 of 10,994

Quote:
Wow, you still don't have them back? Hell, I'm sorry to hear that. I would call them up and find out what's going on.

Dubstep Girl, gotta ask you, you a big fan of Elfen Lied? I love the manga and found the show to be so-so. I actually hated the ending of the TV show... I recently picked up all the volumes of the manga from a local import store. This stuff is seriously testing my Japanese skills, which are a bit rusty, but I can read the majority of it...

yeah i called them up last month and they said they needed a part still or something and it was shipping overseas, they said it would be here in the next week or so and they would get them back to me shortly after.

and yes i love elfen lied. i liked the tv show, the ending was sad though.

i might look into the manga someday.

i hope i didn't lose my T1 or anything though, its been a really long time.

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2,256 of 10,994

Quote:
Are you using the Woo amp for your T1s?

Yes and find it an excellent match.
At the moment though I am mainly using my new Audio-gd Master-6 amp and the T1's sound stunning on the Master-6 and they are not even balanced.
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #2,257 of 10,994

Quote:
Yes and find it an excellent match.
At the moment though I am mainly using my new Audio-gd Master-6 amp and the T1's sound stunning on the Master-6 and they are not even balanced.
biggrin.gif

That is some amazing gear you have there...I just looked up the Master-6...WOW!!

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #2,258 of 10,994

Quote:
That is some amazing gear you have there...I just looked up the Master-6...WOW!!

Yes I am very pleased with it. I upgraded from the Roc which I was very happy with but wanted a better amp for the HE-6's. I expected significant improvement with the HE-6's and got it but was not prepared for how well it performed with the T1's or my new LCD-2's.

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #2,260 of 10,994

Quote:
I must be getting some really solid synergy with my Meier amp or something, cause the bass is absolutely stunning.

I ran through some Deadmau5, Pretty Lights, Skrillex, and Massive Attack tonight and it was all thumpin' and kickin' like I couldn't believe.

Congrats with your Jazz + T1 !!!

I was listening to my Mezzanine LP's yesterday using that very same pair 
biggrin.gif

Not sure if I'm a believer of synergy, but it is indeed an amazingly sweet sounding combo, Meier + beyer usually is, in my experience.

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,261 of 10,994

Quote:
Congrats with your Jazz + T1 !!!

I was listening to my Mezzanine LP's yesterday using that very same pair 
biggrin.gif

Not sure if I'm a believer of synergy, but it is indeed an amazingly sweet sounding combo, Meier + beyer usually is, in my experience.

Wow, that's so cool you have the same combo! I was wondering how long it would be before I came across someone with the same gear :D  I don't know if I believe in synergy either, but I do know that Herr Meier has designed a very good amp (especially in terms of value) with the Jazz. As you know, it takes hold of the T1s and really puts on a show. The crossfeed feature on the Jazz is very subtle, so at some point I'd like to get a bigger taste of what that's all about, whether I go with a StageDAC or the Corda Classic, I'm not sure. For the time being, though, the Jazz is the real deal and it sounds fantastic with the T1s.

Do you have some favorites in terms of music that you enjoy listening to on this combo? I'm having a lot of fun exploring my music collection :)

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #2,262 of 10,994
The crossfeed can be very noticeable, with certain recordings. I leave it on by default when listening to music, and off when gaming. Stagedac indeed has a much more sophisticated crossfeed, I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a source upgrade.

I listen to basically anything, although my favorite genre (if I really had to choose honestly..) would probably be metal! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

But if you must know, some things that I really rediscovered when hearing it through T1+Meier were British 90's electronic/dance stuff. Such as: FSOL, Aphex Twin, The Orb, Autechre, Global Communication, Leftfield, Orbital, Massive Attack, Underworld, Prodigy, Boards of Canada etc. etc. etc.

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #2,264 of 10,994
Thanks!
Yeah, and the best part is that the T1 sounds good with any type of music I listen to.

That said, I don't like what most audiophiles tend to listen to a lot around here: jazz and (Western) classical, so I can't judge for that.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #2,265 of 10,994
I'm of German heritage but born and raised in America, so it's with great shame that I say I haven't learned to appreciate one of America's largest contributions to music - Jazz. I've tried, and the closest I've gotten is with female jazz vocalists. Even there, the closest I've probably gotten would be Holly Cole and Melody Gardot, and they both sort of borderline on pop music. So I guess we're of the same mind in this area, as well. I don't listen to a lot of classical either...although I'm always up for a little Mozart, Smetana (The Moldau), and a few of Beethoven's more notable pieces. But like you, these two genres are not very well represented in my collection.

I enjoy just about everything else, though, and so far I've experienced the same thing you have regarding the T1s ability to sound great with most types of music. Even after a few days, I'm still really surprised I like them as much as I do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back