The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #2,206 of 10,994

Quote:
Hi guys, I've owned a pair of T1s for about half a year now. I've paired them up with the Peachtree Nova and it's been all good thus far. However, at times, I do notice that the T1s don't feel engaging enough. Everything feels a bit too "distant". I listen primarily to progressive rock/metal. So now, I'm thinking of acquiring another pair of high-end headphones to complement the T1s which I can use when I feel the need to be closer to the music. Any recommendations? I have auditioned the Audeze LCD2 and the HD800 but those don't do anything for me at all.

LCD2 would have been my call, however as you have tried them and they are not for you, then Grado RS1 could be the shot.  The RS1 is certainly engaging and the opposite to "distant", the in your face description is spot on.  I enjoyed them for short bursts, but found them too fatiguing for long listening periods; too "close" for me.  I wouldn't recommend them as an only headphone, but as a back up, signature change, occasional fon, they can be a blast, particularly with rock and acoustic. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #2,210 of 10,994
Leaving? No!!

What's the reason for getting a different headphone? Tired of the T1's sound?

Quote:
I have left the T1 club, but another Head-Fi user will be joining your ranks on Monday

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #2,211 of 10,994
That was quick. Are the AD2000s that good?

The T1 is superior in most ways, but in the end the huge narrow treble peak is too much for my ears. Give me some more years to lose my hearing of higher frequencies, and then I may be begging for that spike. You can read a little more about my thoughts in the AD2000 thread.

Still interested in trying the HD800.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #2,215 of 10,994

Quote:
The T1 is superior in most ways, but in the end the huge narrow treble peak is too much for my ears. Give me some more years to lose my hearing of higher frequencies, and then I may be begging for that spike. You can read a little more about my thoughts in the AD2000 thread.
Still interested in trying the HD800.

Heading right over to that AD2000 thread. I have been eyeing those phones for a very long time. Might be a good bday present for myself.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #2,216 of 10,994

Quote:

Heading right over to that AD2000 thread. I have been eyeing those phones for a very long time. Might be a good bday present for myself.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/353691/audio-technica-ath-ad2000-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/240#post_8231954

Keep in mind that I do not consider myself a great candidate to do these comparisons. And obviously everyone has different hearing and preference. 
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,218 of 10,994
Is this the T1 thread or the ADH2000 thread? I'm confused.

Anyway, my T1s are in transit from Germany (Herr Meier, of course!) so I can't wait to officially join the club in a few more days...finally!

I already have one opinion I trust regarding break-in, but was curious if anyone else wanted to chime in with their experience on their early days of T1 ownership?

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #2,219 of 10,994

Quote:
Is this the T1 thread or the ADH2000 thread? I'm confused.

Anyway, my T1s are in transit from Germany (Herr Meier, of course!) so I can't wait to officially join the club in a few more days...finally!

I already have one opinion I trust regarding break-in, but was curious if anyone else wanted to chime in with their experience on their early days of T1 ownership?

I didn't find much burn in at all. Starting to believe it is just a myth. Perhaps there is a break in for the first few hours, but all the other changes are your ears adjusting to the sound signature of the headphone, IMO.

Why did you order from Germany when you live in the USA? Seems like that wouldn't get you a great price.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #2,220 of 10,994

Quote:
Does anyone here know where to buy replacement pads for this headphone?

Having made the same enquiry, here's what I know...

"Many thanks for your email.

[size=10pt]We here at Polar Audio are the main UK distributer for Beyerdynamic products and are happy to help with your enquiry.[/size]

[size=10pt]The Earpads can be found on our Web Shop, please visit Polar Audio Shop to place an order. The stock reference is 904163. They are listed as DT990 ear pads, Beyerdynamic have confirmed they also fit the T1’s."[/size]

[size=10pt]http://www.beyerdynamiconline.com/[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back