The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 24, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #22,038 of 23,670
Oh, i guess i can wait a few weeks, do they give a code for everyone or only people who go there?
If memory serves correctly in the past they offered discounts to people who go there. Also keep in mind that the Canjam discounts are not always on all of their IEMS. More often the Canjam discounts are on either new releases or IEMs that they are demoing at the show.

May 24, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #22,039 of 23,670
People who believe burn-in is a thing generally say it's pronounced with dynamic drivers and very subtle for other types, if at all. That's been my experience. Switching to planar or BAs is not at all jarring because they sound clear. Now what is jarring, and also horrifying is a recording of my own voice. XD
I'll just say, since I moved into the "summit-fi" part of the gear range (if your friends find out what it cost and look at you like you're like you're crazy, you're close enough--it's much lower than the "real" summit-fi people think--heck $1000 is insane--but I went straight from a few hundred to $2k+), I have NEVER immediately heard a high-end IEM or headphone that just gobsmacked me the minute I put it on. I expect unicorns dancing in a field of gold out of the box. It takes me WEEKS of listening for my brain to adjust to what I'm hearing and let me truly dive into the deep end. My A18s felt so "flat" after my JH Laylas, but that is a ridiculous comment. I still get why I heard it that way, but it was just a massively separated, distinct, fully imaged set of instruments (funny comment since that's what you expect out of Laylas, but that's the CIEM factor as well--an incomparable experience in my ears--my Laylas were universals). You have to "put it all together" inside your brain to make it fun again. It is a shocking thing to be able to switch your attention and hear one individual instrument's details moment to moment. And, at least for me, the subtle change in frequencies and response just takes time to get used to. The same details in the music can be interpreted so many ways. Your brain is looking for the same experience every time, just "more better," so it can take time to adjust. I honestly think that the value in these upper-end devices is that they are SO GOOD your personal interpretation of what you hear--those last few percent of quality--come from within your own head. It takes time, and in no way does it mean that "you can get used to anything (and then it'll sound amazing)."

May 24, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #22,040 of 23,670
I'll just say, since I moved into the "summit-fi" part of the gear range (if your friends find out what it cost and look at you like you're like you're crazy, you're close enough--it's much lower than the "real" summit-fi people think--heck $1000 is insane--but I went straight from a few hundred to $2k+), I have NEVER immediately heard a high-end IEM or headphone that just gobsmacked me the minute I put it on. I expect unicorns dancing in a field of gold out of the box. It takes me WEEKS of listening for my brain to adjust to what I'm hearing and let me truly dive into the deep end. My A18s felt so "flat" after my JH Laylas, but that is a ridiculous comment. I still get why I heard it that way, but it was just a massively separated, distinct, fully imaged set of instruments (funny comment since that's what you expect out of Laylas, but that's the CIEM factor as well--an incomparable experience in my ears--my Laylas were universals). You have to "put it all together" inside your brain to make it fun again. It is a shocking thing to be able to switch your attention and hear one individual instrument's details moment to moment. And, at least for me, the subtle change in frequencies and response just takes time to get used to. The same details in the music can be interpreted so many ways. Your brain is looking for the same experience every time, just "more better," so it can take time to adjust. I honestly think that the value in these upper-end devices is that they are SO GOOD your personal interpretation of what you hear--those last few percent of quality--come from within your own head. It takes time, and in no way does it mean that "you can get used to anything (and then it'll sound amazing)."
Could not agree with all of this more :thumbsup:

May 26, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #22,041 of 23,670
tried all 64 audio lineup and ended up with u4s as my favorite, it’s one of the least technical honestly but it’s the one that make me connected to the music best

my tuning preference would be U12T with more bass and treble but keep the midrange tuning and for me this is it

Attachments

• 20230525_075452_Original.jpeg
    20230525_075452_Original.jpeg
    704.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4251.jpeg
    IMG_4251.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #22,042 of 23,670
tried all 64 audio lineup and ended up with u4s as my favorite, it’s one of the least technical honestly but it’s the one that make me connected to the music best

my tuning preference would be U12T with more bass and treble but keep the midrange tuning and for me this is it
Congrats on the U4s cuz :thumbsup:

May 26, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #22,043 of 23,670

compared to Nio, what is the difference in your opinion?

May 27, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #22,047 of 23,670
IMG_0851.jpeg

Just got u4s. I have question. What is spinfit tips inside the box? Is it cp155?

May 27, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #22,048 of 23,670
IMG_0851.jpeg

Just got u4s. I have question. What is spinfit tips inside the box? Is it cp155?
It's CP145, I emailed 64 on one day, and they said it's CP145

May 27, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #22,049 of 23,670
It's CP145, I emailed 64 on one day, and they said it's CP145
Oh ok thank you, the color looks different from normal CP145.

I have to send it back to my local dealer. I have one defected from open box.
IMG_0853.jpeg

May 27, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #22,050 of 23,670
Oh ok thank you, the color looks different from normal CP145.

I have to send it back to my local dealer. I have one defected from open box.IMG_0853.jpeg
the CP145 included in 64 IEMs is different with the ones on market (in terms of color). Anyway I compared it with the regular CP145 and It looks the same to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back