The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 18, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #17,311 of 23,698
Fourte v Odin v LX. Which one… choose one… quick quick quick… 😈

12t v Nio… one… quick quick quick.
Haven't heard Fourte, but I have the M4. Inconclusive. LX I just don't like. Odin all the wayyyyyyy

Haven't heard Nio either, but having the MX module and having tested it on other iems. 12t hands down

May 18, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #17,312 of 23,698
Fourte v Odin v LX. Which one… choose one… quick quick quick… 😈

12t v Nio… one… quick quick quick.
Fourte and Nio for me. I need to spend more time with LX though..

May 18, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #17,313 of 23,698
Frankly, for me, especially at this level, ranking IEMs doesn't make much sense without mentioning music genre. From my short experience and the iEMs I've heard nothing wins everything hands down.

May 18, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #17,314 of 23,698
“After-market Custom Ear Tips” for TIA FOURTE.

Dear all,

I’m a new-comer to the world of “High-End” in ear monitors.
I have, or rather had, some rather limited experience with “Low-Fi” IEMs in the past.

My entry into the High-End IEM world is by means of a second hand 64 Audio TIA FOURTE.

As I - in the past and this appears to be also my current problem – have difficulties with the selection of the correct ear tips, I intend to go the “Kings Way” and I like to obtain what I call “After-market Custom Ear Tips”.
I’m very confident, that such custom tips are not only easier to handle, BUT improve the already excellent sound if the FOURTE even further.
I'll be using the FOURTEs only in a stationary mode, and not mobile.

My query :
  • What SPECIFIC problem - if any ? - could I encounter, by ordering such custom tips for the FOURTE ? (Meaning, problems or aspects that may be very different from any other model of IEM ?)
  • I should add, that the FOURTE is not very common in Switzerland, and hence the manufacturer of such custom tips may not yet have to build them for a pair of FOURTEs.
Thanks for your advice
&
Best regards

Urs

PS: I may add, that I DO have long experience with conventional open & closed "High-End phones"

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #17,317 of 23,698
*5 hours later*

I'm no closer. Nio wins on price, and the aspects of a DD a BA can't replicate. U12T wins everywhere else, including some points in bass presentation, texture, detail, speed.

Maybe I'll stick the Nio in my left ear, U12T in the right.

May 19, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #17,318 of 23,698
*5 hours later*

I'm no closer. Nio wins on price, and the aspects of a DD a BA can't replicate. U12T wins everywhere else, including some points in bass presentation, texture, detail, speed.

I feel your pain.

May 19, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #17,319 of 23,698
*5 hours later*

Perseverance…

PS.: would be funny if after all the pain you end up with something totally different. Lol

May 19, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #17,323 of 23,698
What is it about the LX?

I'm curious now. I want a more refined Nio :p
LX is more than just a more refined Nio. It's a flagship-level Nio. Not as flexible without Nio's modules, but it's not as thick in the bass either, so I don't feel you need them. Treble is more extended (but smooth and never sibilant or hot), mids are just as natural (though not quite as forward as Nio's), and LX is also more detailed and spacious. LX is also more expensive, but it's available as a custom if that's what you're after.

May 19, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #17,325 of 23,698
Hmmmm. How to try one now...

Jolene comparisons by anyone?
@mvvRAZ has just posted some impressions of Jolene. I don’t know how to link but you can click on his name and find the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back