The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 26, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #16,096 of 23,684
What cable will you use? The stock sounds great but is an ergonomic nightmare. The PW 1960 2 wire hasn’t left mine.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #16,097 of 23,684
What cable will you use? The stock sounds great but is an ergonomic nightmare. The PW 1960 2 wire hasn’t left mine.
He has some DHC cables custom made for him actually.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #16,099 of 23,684

It is very odd to say but I have 2 cables on hands the stock noir 8 variant and the og 4 wires. It seems the 4 wires has better vocals and more airy sound.

The 8 wires noir stock cable seem to reduce treble and make more warmer sound.

For now I am testing them with the stock 4 wires. Will see how it goes, so far very good sounding!

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #16,100 of 23,684
Hi guys,
For Tia Fourte owners
Just curious on what iem cable you guys partner up with the fourte? and how it makes a difference to the stock sound?

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #16,101 of 23,684
Comparison of the Nio to the Vision Ears Elysium posted here. They're very different, but it certainly helped me appreciate the Nio for what it is.
That was a great read, thank you! While I haven't heard the Elysium, it lines up with how I hear Nio, a great allrounder that holds its own in terms of technicalities. I haven't tried the Fir module yet, I should find me one.

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #16,103 of 23,684
Hello everyone I have the big honor to present you my new ultimate rig!

This is going to be a big surprise for a lot of friends here but it is what I consider in conjunction with sp2000 cu the best portable setup!

I loved my noir and had an exceptional journey with them, it was a lot of bliss and love. I decided to go back to the original fourté og !!!

And VOILA I present The Grand Fourté 🥰❤️♥️
Congrats Tiger! Beautiful set, and a very cool 'reveal'. Glad your journey has taken you all the way back to the King of IEMs. You won't find any disagreement from me in that regard! :prince: Enjoy the new pairing, look forward to hearing your impressions as you get more familiar with them.

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #16,104 of 23,684
Hi guys,
For Tia Fourte owners
Just curious on what iem cable you guys partner up with the fourte? and how it makes a difference to the stock sound?
I'm currently enjoying mine with the PW Audio No. 5 anniversary 8-wire. Adds a subtle smoothness to the treble but keeps all the punch and detail. Then again, cables for me are more about ergonomics and look, and I love the thick profile and hardware of the PW Audio 8-wire cables. $300-$400 is also about the current limit of my spend per cable, based on where I put cables in the value chain. As always, YMMV.

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #16,105 of 23,684
Comparison of the Nio to the Vision Ears Elysium posted here. They're very different, but it certainly helped me appreciate the Nio for what it is.
Outstanding SoC review, just the way I like to see it (and do it myself when preparing for a review). I've been very curious about the Ely given the praise that's been heaped on it despite it having a single BA for bass (and a neutral-tuned BA bass at that), and yet some still saying that's more than enough. I moved on from the U12t, with its four dedicated woofer BAs, because I realised bass is just better, to my ears, with a DD, and not just quantity-wise. And your review seems to confirm my suspicions.

The separation/clarity/stage that are the hallmarks of a 'cleaner but leaner' IEM like Ely are almost exactly what I expected you'd find, and those are for sure the weaker points of the Nio on balance (although some of that can be restored with the MX module - Ely vs Nio MX would actually be quite interesting, come to think of it). I totally get the appeal of the Ely now, with its focus on vocals, clarity and separation, though in my opinion and experience you can get all that without compromising bass. Of course, if you don't love or need powerful bass (when called for) as much as I do, YMMV.

As for your conclusion that there's a need for two IEMs to cover all corners, I completely agree with that. I've come to the realisation myself that no matter how good one IEM (especially when you don't compare it to others), there are always other IEMs that can do stuff better, and if you want to tick all your boxes at a certain level of technicality/musicality, you just can't do that with one IEM without compromising something. In that regard, Nio is exceptionally versatile, and more technical than many give it credit for.

Well done.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #16,106 of 23,684
That was a great read, thank you! While I haven't heard the Elysium, it lines up with how I hear Nio, a great allrounder that holds its own in terms of technicalities. I haven't tried the Fir module yet, I should find me one.
Thanks!

I was definitely surprised at how well it did. Imagine it would be even better with the MX module. May have to go back and compare things again.

The M0 module is great, though the one I have doesn't fit as snugly as the 64 modules.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #16,108 of 23,684
Yeah, I also appreciate your thoughts. Sounds like the Trio maybe a closer match to the Elysium
That’s a statement that interests me. I would love to see a comparison between the Trio and Elysium.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #16,109 of 23,684
I really liked that review. The fact that you separated the songs out into different components to compare both IEMs was really useful. Especially as I was think seriously about buying an Elysium.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #16,110 of 23,684
That’s a statement that interests me. I would love to see a comparison between the Trio and Elysium.
Interesting indeed. Haven’t heard the Ely myself but owned the Trio before. It did a lot of things very, very well....vocals were not, to my ears, one of them though. Whereas the Ely has al almost God like status when it comes to vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back