The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 24, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #61 of 23,682
If I do the upgrade with my U10 to U18 during the black Friday sale, it would come out to $1280. The U12 is also $1280 during this time and doesn't involve an upgrade which means I could sell the U10 and come out even better.

So the big question in my head is: Is it worth it to spend all that extra money for something slightly better (but same signature) than the U10, or get the U12 which sounds like it would suit my tastes better and sell my U10 B1 ADEL.

Thank you, makes sense to me now.

The A12 continue to wow me - even though I've had them for well over a year now. Upgrades to the rest of my setup have shown the A12 to have considerable upside. The Tia Forte has my interest, but I would have to give up my A12.

It seems like your budget will be your guide. The U12 should only cost you a few hundred $ if you were to sell the U10, almost a no brainer. If you're flush with cash maybe consider the Forte?

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #62 of 23,682
  Lets get a few things clear:

ADEL - Stands for Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens. It is a technology developed and owned by Asius Technologies. This company is no way affiliated to 64 Audio. In 2014 64Audio and Asius technologies went into a partnership. The result of the partnership was the new A (Custom IEMs) and U series (Universal IEMs) range of IEMs from 64 Audio. These IEMs featured the ADEL modules. In Q3 2016, this partnership came to an end and 64 Audio started fitting their A series and U series IEMs with APEX Modules. (See APEX section below for more info.)

ADEL Modules - The range of modules manufactured and sold by Asius Technologies that incorporate the ADEL technology.

List of ADEL Modules: S1, B1, G1 and MAM

MAM - Stands for Manually Adjustable Module. MAM should not be confused as a separate technology. Its just one of the models of the ADEL range of modules. Unlike the other ADEL Modules which cannot be adjusted, this module has a turn-screw (similar to the crown on your analog watch), with which you can adjust the tension of the ADEL membrane in the module. Hence the name Manually Adjustable Module

APEX - Stands for Air Pressure EXchange. It is a technology developed and owned by 64 Audio. The aim of both ADEL and APEX is to relieve pneumatic pressure in the ear while wearing a sealed In-Ear-Monitor (IEM). But both the technologies take a different approach in achieving that.

APEX Modules - The range of modules manufactured and sold by 64 Audio that incorporate the APEX technology

List of APEX Modules: M20 and M15.

COMPATIBILITY: What follows is not an official statement by either Asius Technologies or 64 Audio. But purely based on the feedback from some of the users who have tried both modules.

ADEL Modules are bigger in size compared to the APEX modules. Because of the sockets in the ADEL IEMs being larger in size, ADEL IEMs can fit both ADEL and APEX modules. APEX modules being smaller, the socket for the APEX modules are also small and in turn the APEX IEMs can only take in APEX modules and CANNOT take in the ADEL modules.

Happy Listening!

Great thank you for the clear consolidation of information.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #63 of 23,682
Want to read some impression on the Forte also.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #64 of 23,682
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. I currently have the U12's and have longed for a reshell to a A12 as due to my ear canal shape - the case/nozzle tends to shift after a short time wearing which obviously leads to reduced isolation and a loss of bass. When i saw the upgrade offer - I thought my prayers had been answered - I could trade in and get a upgrade/reshell! But if the sound sig is closer to the U10/A10's - then this is a deal breaker for me. As transparent as the A18 may be - I have learnt that i do favour bass a little bit.

I wonder if they will release an option with slightly more bass or offer tuning in the future?

The wait for me continues.... 
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #66 of 23,682
@musicman59, <a href="/u/281588/DWbirdseye" data-huddler-embed="href" data-huddler-embed-layout="inline">@DWbirdseye</a>

Perhaps you guys could start the ball rolling with some impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

My impressions of the Tzar and Tia Fourte following the RMAF:

"I had a chance to audition the U18Tzar and Tia Fourte iems for 3 consecutive days at the RMAF and I was very impressed. Ever since I purchased the Senn HD800S earlier this year I was hoping to find an iem that might possess some of the characteristics of the 800S, which I consider to be a TOTL headphone.. For me, the Tia comes very close to achieving the characteristics that I love about the 800S. The Tia has fantastic clarity, a very big, wide and deep sound stage with great instrument separation. It offers a very spacious presentation and the tonal balance is excellent. The Tzar on the other hand is a warmer sounding iem with a more pronounced mid/upper bass with less sub bass as compared to the Tia. The clarity is also excellent, but the characteristics I used to describe the Tia are there but in less quantity. I believe the Tzar is a fuller sounding iem and more intimate than the Tia. I also compared these two new iems to the U12 and found the improvement in sound quality to be immediately noticeable. As you all know, a good ear canal seal is imperative in order to extract the most from an in ear monitor and over the course of the 3 days I did have some challenges. In my case I would absolutely have to do a custom fit. For these auditions I used my Ibasso DX100 with high quality recordings/mastering that varied from rock, progressive rock, jazz to acoustic jazz. - Hope this helps a little. Also, a big thanks to the 64 audio team @Videl for 3 days of conversing and auditioning,"

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #67 of 23,682
If I'm upgrading from my A12's to A18 Tzar. Do I need to send in new molds, or do they re-use my A12 shells? If they do re-use my old A12 shells, can I change the artwork and color while upgrading? Just looking for something different in terms of artwork and color that's all.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #69 of 23,682
If I'm upgrading from my A12's to A18 Tzar. Do I need to send in new molds, or do they re-use my A12 shells? If they do re-use my old A12 shells, can I change the artwork and color while upgrading? Just looking for something different in terms of artwork and color that's all.

If we received your impressions in the last 18 months or so, your scans will be on file and we can build with them. If you feel anything is less than perfect with your seal, you've changed weight, or otherwise your ears have changed or fit could be better, send some new ones in.

Full customization is possible during the upgrade. The shells are not re-used as the new single bore is a totally different beast. If you want fresh artwork, premium faceplates, different colored shells... go for it!

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #71 of 23,682
Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you guys that I have given both models some serious listening since receiving them. I am ridiculously impressed. This does not happen often.

Also, I would like to point everyone's attention towards the second post. I will be posting my impressions there. The first round should be up in perhaps the next few hours or so.

I will continually update as I do more comparisons with other top models, so please do stay tuned. Also, if anyone has anything they would like me to compare it to please shoot me a message or say it here and I will try my best to accede to your requests.

To start off, I would just like to say this. To all those who have had experience with the previous line up, the U18 Tzar is truly a neutral monitor, very very similar tonally to the U10, but better in every conceivable way.

The Fourté on the other hand is another beast altogether, it has a slightly elevated bass response which is deep, tight, controlled yet extremely powerful. It is among the most open of IEMs i have heard and the resolution, staging and dynamics are among the best.

Both are pretty uncoloured but with the U18s giving a more of a studio-ish feel to things but the Fourté giving a more live feel to the sound. Please stay tuned to the second post of the thread.

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #72 of 23,682
Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you guys that I have given both models some serious listening since receiving them. I am ridiculously impressed. This does not happen often.

Also, I would like to point everyone's attention towards the second post. I will be posting my impressions there. The first round should be up in perhaps the next few hours or so.

I will continually update as I do more comparisons with other top models, so please do stay tuned. Also, if anyone has anything they would like me to compare it to please shoot me a message or say it here and I will try my best to accede to your requests.

To start off, I would just like to say this. To all those who have had experience with the previous line up, the tzar18 is truly a neutral monitor, very very similar tonally to the U18, but better in every conceivable way.

The Fourté on the other hand is another beast altogether, it has a slightly elevated bass response which is deep, tight, controlled yet extremely powerful. It is among the most open of IEMs i have heard and the resolution, staging and dynamics are among the best.

Both are pretty uncoloured but with the U18s giving a more of a studio-ish feel to things but the Fourté giving a more live feel to the sound. Please stay tuned to the second post of the thread.

Any chance of comaprison U18 Tzar to UERR or at SE846? Curious how close to 'reference' or neutrality it really is, and if the Apex and 18 drivers gives it more technical abilities over UERR :)

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #74 of 23,682
Hello everyone,

To start off, I would just like to say this. To all those who have had experience with the previous line up, the U18 Tzar is truly a neutral monitor, very very similar tonally to the U10, but better in every conceivable way.

Sounds like the Tia Fourte might really impress. Can't wait to hear about it soon along with the U18 Tzar. Even though I know that mo matter how good it sounds, sadly I won't be able to afford it. XD

I really hate it when even the trusty E1 Malaysia couldn't be bothered to bring in the demo units simply due to the assumption of "Nobody will buy these in Malaysia."

But thanks for doing this, WCDchee. 

At least I'll have some idea on how those things sound.

Also @John Culter, as someone whom spent quite a bit of time with my friend's SE846 and compared it to the older ADEL series of 64 Ears...I'll just outright be honest and say this.

To my ears, the SE846 can't even come close against the ADEL A6 in terms of neutrality, imaging and resolution, let alone the bigger flagships like the A10 and A12. The A6 just trounces it on detail retrieval alone, and has a bigger sound than it. The SE846 does have great bass body but I don't like how it occasionally veils the mids on certain tracks.

This is of course, from my ears alone so take that with a grain of salt.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #75 of 23,682
Hello everyone,

Have you demo the campfire's vega before?
I was wondering if you could compare fourte and campfire's vega.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back