The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 9, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #23,566 of 23,608
Got my A12T's and man...those things are TIGHT in my ears. The left ear is tight enough to the point where it's painful putting it in and taking it out.

Is that "normal" as you get used to the customs? This my first pair of 64's and first pair of customs made of the hard acrylic. All the other customs I have are made of a softer (e.g. silicone type) material.

May 9, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #23,567 of 23,608
Got my A12T's and man...those things are TIGHT in my ears. The left ear is tight enough to the point where it's painful putting it in and taking it out.

Is that "normal" as you get used to the customs? This my first pair of 64's and first pair of customs made of the hard acrylic. All the other customs I have are made of a softer (e.g. silicone type) material.
Sounds like it's too tight. I had my N8 refit for the same reason. Rather send it back and get it done right. 64 Audio has a very generous 30 day free refit policy. Just be sure to clearly mark where you're feeling pressure.

May 9, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #23,568 of 23,608

Sounds like it's too tight. I had my N8 refit for the same reason. Rather send it back and get it done right. 64 Audio has a very generous 30 day free refit policy. Just be sure to clearly mark where you're feeling pressure.

I’m going to agree with gLer. It sounds too tight and you may need to get it refit. I had to send mine back because there were two spots in one of my ear that I felt the most pressure. I took pictures and circled the areas and then sent it back. Once I got them back after the refitting, it was great. No more issues.

If you can identify the spot(s) on the monitor itself that are putting the most pressure, that can probably help them to make the proper adjustment.

May 10, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #23,570 of 23,608
64 audio volur The best earphones in the 64 audio range right now?
Yes, although in a one-IEM-only scenario, I would still have to vote for the U12t.

May 10, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #23,572 of 23,608
Yes, indeed a beauty - they both are - but my vote goes to the Tia Fourte. I know it may polarise opinions but all I can say is that, to my ears, nothing comes close.
I loved the Tia Fourte in my short demo with them. Would like to spend some more time with them for sure.

May 10, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #23,573 of 23,608
May 11, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #23,576 of 23,608
I have the A12t and will recommend to anyone looking at 64 Audio.

May 11, 2024 at 1:59 AM Post #23,577 of 23,608
I heard that the u12t model became a legend in the 64 audio range, is that true? in principle, this is the best in terms of technical knowledge, so that harman target frequency response is next to it.
Not sure what you meant by any of that ..

May 11, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #23,578 of 23,608
I have the A12t and will recommend to anyone looking at 64 Audio.

I second this recommendation for anyone looking into 64 Audio’s product line!

May 11, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #23,580 of 23,608
A few weeks have come and gone with U12t, followed by U4s, and finally Volür all in my collection.

Volür is incredible, but I have to say, U4s is an absolute BEAST for the price, especially open-box from various stores.

I paid $799 open-box from Headphones.com a few weeks ago, not expecting much. It was just a random Friday impulse buy out of curiosity. Headphones.com sent a brand new sealed U4s instead, but that wasn't even the best part. As soon as I heard U4s, I couldn't help but start smiling.

The warmth, bass, detail, and overall balance are just phenomenal, regardless of price. I prefer them over U12t, and that's really saying something because U12t is phenomenal.

Incredible value. I'm fairly new to IEMs, but over the past few months have added U12t, Volür, U4s, Kinera Nanna 2.0, Singularity, Noble Ronin, Monarch MK3, Mest MK2, and FiR Rn6.

Out of all these amazing IEMs, U4s still has a place in my collection.

Anyone thinking of trying their first 64Audio IEM, don't sleep on U4s.

Volür is easily my favorite at the moment, but U4s could easily be Volür's (not so) little brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back