The Noble PR (pure / reference) Australian Tour Thread (Reviews and Comparisons)
Dec 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #61 of 82

They are quite similar signature wise... N4 and Pure. Reference is quite different because the mids (vocals) are way more upfront.
Difference is N4 has more bass depth and warmer with a slight sub bass roll off while the PR Pure mode extends a bit deeper in the sub bass.
Mids are quite similar but N4 seems more fuller to my ears.
HIghs on the PR is a bit hotter on high volume levels but it's also a bit more clear, detailed, and extended. N4 is a lot smoother but still clear and detailed.

Bottom line:
Noble 4 is nearly analytical but still musical while the Noble PR is purely reference/analytical.

It's a bit hard to compare because I listen to both at different volume levels. Very Low on the PR but a bit louder on the N4.

Hope that helps.

thanx for the info - looking to get a Noble 4 , coming from the RE-272 , will i see any differences/upgrades ?

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #62 of 82

thanx for the info - looking to get a Noble 4 , coming from the RE-272 , will i see any differences/upgrades ?

Based on what i've read about the 272 yes. But I have not personally heard them.
I recommend that you message joker or maybe uncle @H20Fidelity 

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #63 of 82

Based on what i've read about the 272 yes. But I have not personally heard them.
I recommend that you message joker or maybe uncle @H20Fidelity 

will do - thanx

i was thinking of checking out the PR , but then i read this and i decided it's not worth shelling out an extra 700$

Quick Comparison: HiFiMan RE-272

Although no longer available, the RE-272s are a reference point for me for a neutral, transparent, but enjoyable earphone. They might have a touch of warmth in the mid-range, but stay highly transparent and detailed. I haven’t yet heard the RE-400 or RE-600 to compare, but personally find the RE-272s to offer 90% of the Noble PR’s detail rendering, but with a tiny bit more bass and therefore a slightly more natural and enjoyable overall tonality. As I’ll discuss more in a second, this doesn’t make the PRs a bad IEM, but rather an IEM with a specific purpose. The question is whether you want all detail like the PRs or detail with a tiny touch of warmth and more natural bass like the RE-272s.

http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/noble-pr-iem/

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #64 of 82

will do - thanx

i was thinking of checking out the PR , but then i read this and i decided it's not worth shelling out an extra 700$

Quick Comparison: HiFiMan RE-272

Although no longer available, the RE-272s are a reference point for me for a neutral, transparent, but enjoyable earphone. They might have a touch of warmth in the mid-range, but stay highly transparent and detailed. I haven’t yet heard the RE-400 or RE-600 to compare, but personally find the RE-272s to offer 90% of the Noble PR’s detail rendering, but with a tiny bit more bass and therefore a slightly more natural and enjoyable overall tonality. As I’ll discuss more in a second, this doesn’t make the PRs a bad IEM, but rather an IEM with a specific purpose. The question is whether you want all detail like the PRs or detail with a tiny touch of warmth and more natural bass like the RE-272s.

http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/noble-pr-iem/

Don't bother "upgrading" from RE272 unless they are called JH13/K10. You get my idea :)

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #65 of 82
  Don't bother "upgrading" from RE272 unless they are called JH13/K10. You get my idea :)

are you a mind reader ? you just mentioned the 2 CIEMs I wanna buy once/when i have the needed money

the 272 is a fantastic iem , the upgraditis lies dormant 3 years now.

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #66 of 82

are you a mind reader ? you just mentioned the 2 CIEMs I wanna buy once/when i have the needed money

the 272 is a fantastic iem , the upgraditis lies dormant 3 years now.

If you appreciate RE272's sound, they are the obvious ones you'd want to go for from reading around the forum IMO haha I myself am looking to upgrade to those someday too!

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #68 of 82
  I owned RE272s and preferred them slightly (due to the touch of extra warmth) to the Noble PRs. I would expect that the Noble 4 could be a good upgrade from the 272s. The JH13 and K10 both have substantially different signatures - good, but different from the 272s

Mind some attempt at describing the differences? Would be interested to hear!

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #69 of 82
I don't own the RE272s anymore and have never owned JH13, but having owned the RE272s and read every review I could find on the JH13 (plus spoken to friends with them) they are very different beasts when it comes to signature and bass response (JH13s have a lift in the bass to make them punchy and energetic).

I can be more specific regarding the K10. The K10 and RE272 are similar in their coherency and ability to resolve detail, but the K10 is warmer overall (but lacking nothing in treble extension) and smoother (I sometimes found the RE272 slightly etched in the treble). The K10 has very capable bass performance that is slightly lifted, but not a huge boost, and it is still well balanced with the overall sound. To me, the K10 is perfect. It has all of the good traits of the RE272 - transparency, resolution, spacious sound - but also adds the bass and dynamics that held the RE272 back at times. It is, however, a warmer sound overall which might not initially be to your liking if you're coming from RE272s- that's why I suggested possibly the Noble 4, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #70 of 82
Sad that they discontinued the switch line, good thing I got one already. Is there any portable source powerful enough to support the pure mode? Just a DAP without any extra amp strapped together.

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #73 of 82
  Closest I could get is the Hifiman HM-901, but I doubt that could be it. Looks like I will have to resort to stacking an amp with the portable source...

Sorry

I was way off

It was the Ibasso DX 100 that had power to spare with the Pure

a fellow head fi'er tells me the Ibasso DX90 may be sufficient to handle the Pure as well, which would be a much smaller DAP

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 4, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #74 of 82
Sorry

I was way off

a fellow head fi'er tells me the Ibasso DX90 may be sufficient to handle the Pure as well, which would be a much smaller DAP

H20Fidelity has extensive experience with iBasso daps.

Jethrosang you can pm him if you want to know how they perform. He might have paired a few Noble IEMs with them in reviews or auditions so that can also help.

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #75 of 82
@H20Fidelity has extensive experience with iBasso daps.

@Jethrosang you can pm him if you want to know how they perform. He might have paired a few Noble IEMs with them in reviews or auditions so that can also help.

For sure, I will drop him a message. Thanks a lot for the heads-up.

Sorry

I was way off

Certainly something reachable, thanks for the tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back