The NEW Sansa Clip+
Apr 5, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #151 of 154
I use my MS-1's with my Clip+ and they sound rather good, not sure why yours would be any different. I actually prefer the sound over my small portable amp/dac cable combination. You might be used to the Laptop sound alot more, maybe spend an hour or two with the clip+.

Quote:
I'm not using amplification. The headphones are Alessandro MS-1 and Brainwavz M2.

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #152 of 154
All very interesting to me.

When you say it (Sansa Clip) sounds good or bad, could you also say what you are listening to (ie mp3s/bitrate? or Wave Files).

I am finding that:

High bitrate mp3's (320) sound better on my Clip than wave files, and  IEM's tend to sound better than small on-ear headphones.

I am starting to wonder whether perhaps the SQ varies from one unit to another...

Still experimenting, any suggestions/ideas appreciated.

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #153 of 154

Quote:
All very interesting to me.

When you say it (Sansa Clip) sounds good or bad, could you also say what you are listening to (ie mp3s/bitrate? or Wave Files).

I am finding that:

High bitrate mp3's (320) sound better on my Clip than wave files, and  IEM's tend to sound better than small on-ear headphones.

I am starting to wonder whether perhaps the SQ varies from one unit to another...

Still experimenting, any suggestions/ideas appreciated.

All  MP3's....LAME V2 and  V0 from my personal FLACs, and 320kbps if I didn't convert them myself.

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #154 of 154
Recently received a pair of hifiman RE2's - they sound okay with the Clip - but they don't have very loud bass anyway. And I have a pair of ESMOOTH iem's as well, and they seems to work okay - the bass isn't AS distorted as on my AKG k450's. So the Sansa seems to drive sensitive iem's better than the on ear portable headphones I have tried. BUT (at risk to offending anyone) to me, this Sansa Clip does not sound as clear as my iPhone. Of course the iPhone costs a lot more, but I view the iPod part of the iPhone as a freebie, 'cos I needed a phone in any case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back