The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #5,416 of 9,165
Quote:
Well the DX100 could act strange upon installing a new firmware and not doing a factory restore from the start. Not that that is the same situation but the DX100 did keep older settings from the previous firmware which could cause conflicts. So you never know.

Yeah I can kinda see that happening, oh well problem fixed anyway , now to wait for the various daps coming this season, you getting any lee?

May 29, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #5,417 of 9,165
Quote:
Yeah I can kinda see that happening, oh well problem fixed anyway , now to wait for the various daps coming this season, you getting any lee?

The AK120 :wink:. Just couldn't help myself hearing all the good impressions on it. That's another reason why I'm so vocal about playlist support. :) So I'm crossing my figers as I really want this to knock me off my feet :p. I just couldn't see the Tera Player as an option for me and also hearing Charlie is doubling up on prices.... lol 
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #5,418 of 9,165
Quote:
The AK120 :wink:. Just couldn't help myself hearing all the good impressions on it. That's another reason why I'm so vocal about playlist support. :) So I'm crossing my figers as I really want this to knock me off my feet :p. I just couldn't see the Tera Player as an option for me and also hearing Charlie is doubling up on prices.... lol 
rolleyes.gif

... and the way he is behaving to his customers / potential customers. That made me stop buying his product.

May 29, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #5,419 of 9,165
... and the way he is behaving to his customers / potential customers. That made me stop buying his product.

I had never understand the tera either and I think the DAP market is progressing very rapidly again and this summer is exciting with x3 and dx50 coming, and with hm901 and Ak120 trickling into more people's hands, and the continuous improvement of dx100 (and Ak100?) firmware...

Btw I posted a quick demo impression over on the x3 thread. I would strongly recommend who prioritize sound and value above all else get a listen before purchasing your next DAP.

May 29, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #5,420 of 9,165
Quote:
I had never understand he tera either and I think the DAP market is progressing very rapidly again and this summer is exciting with x3 and dx50 coming, and with hm901 and Ak120 trickling into more people's hands, and the continuous improvement of dx100 (and Ak100?) firmware...

Btw I posted a quick demo impression over on the x3 thread. I would strongly recommend who prioritize sound and value above all else get a listen before purchasing your next DAP.

Wow that is awesome. More temptations :p

May 29, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #5,421 of 9,165
Quote:
I had never understand he tera either and I think the DAP market is progressing very rapidly again and this summer is exciting with x3 and dx50 coming, and with hm901 and Ak120 trickling into more people's hands, and the continuous improvement of dx100 (and Ak100?) firmware...

Also Japanese edition of DX100 too, don't forget that.

I am following X3 and X5 threads, I think I will settle on X5 when it is released. However Japanese DX100 (HDP R10) seems also promising too and Hibino tries to makes good things really. They promised to remove the delay and pop sound for instance. Many users agreed that it is sounding slightly better than DX100 and all. One should def. consider it too. My main reason is, it has a longer battery life compared to DX100. Average is about 12 hours and it means 5 hours more than DX100.

Also I have to say this, X3, X5, DX100 and HDP R10 have less than 1 OI 
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #5,422 of 9,165
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

buying another ak eh ,never been interested in the tera (screen and tag browsing generation) , lets see if its better than your go to dap

May 29, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #5,423 of 9,165
Quote:
buying another ak eh ,never been interested in the tera (screen and tag browsing generation) , lets see if its better than your go to dap

I sure as heck hope so. Not to mention I'm hoping it pairs really well with my 8As. I'm almost about to give up on them already.... :frowning2:

Yet I also don't want to take a huge loss on them....

May 29, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #5,424 of 9,165
Quote:
I sure as heck hope so. Not to mention I'm hoping it pairs really well with my 8As. I'm almost about to give up on them already.... :frowning2:

Yet I also don't want to take a huge loss on them....

PM me if you decide to give up on them. (But I hope for your sake you don't because it sucks to not enjoy something at that level of investment)

May 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #5,425 of 9,165
Quote:

PM me if you decide to give up on them. (But I hope for your sake you don't because it sucks to not enjoy something at that level of investment)

lol Loquah I sure hope it doesn't come down to it. But you'll be the first if that's what it comes to (it better not! lol). Pretty much they do have potential. It's just unlocking that potential. I'd rather not have to go through this though at this price point.....

May 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #5,426 of 9,165
Quote:
Also Japanese edition of DX100 too, don't forget that.

I am following X3 and X5 threads, I think I will settle on X5 when it is released. However Japanese DX100 (HDP R10) seems also promising too and Hibino tries to makes good things really. They promised to remove the delay and pop sound for instance. Many users agreed that it is sounding slightly better than DX100 and all. One should def. consider it too. My main reason is, it has a longer battery life compared to DX100. Average is about 12 hours and it means 5 hours more than DX100.

Also I have to say this, X3, X5, DX100 and HDP R10 have less than 1 OI 
rolleyes.gif

+1

May 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #5,427 of 9,165
chaps, sorry for impolite question but are we listening to OI, Ohm or music?
tongue.gif

May 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #5,430 of 9,165
No need to be rude just cause he doesn't feel like reading 362 pages Retiras.

I am on my third day of extensive use of the russian FW and I have no problems at all so far. My unit had 1.33 when delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back