Oct 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 9,165
Quote:
Someone has already tested this on facebook and they mention this:
-optical and coax inline
-32gb onboard + 2x32gb microSDHC (tested 64gb and there's no problem
wink.gif
)
And few other nice things.

It has two card slots? Are you sure about that? Where did you see that? How much does this cost?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #20 of 9,165
Here is a link with more information: http://forum.mp3store.pl/topic/92701-iriver-astellkern-koreanska-szarza-portable-hi-end/

If you scroll down there are some posts talking about money... one of them is 499 usd. Do not take this as given, it is just a speculation.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #22 of 9,165
$499. UGH. I'll pass.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #23 of 9,165
Quote:

Quote:
ExpatinJapan:

For the sake of clarity, would you consider renaming the thread something like this?:

The New iRiver A100: A High-End DAP

Astell&Kern is involved, but this is an iRiver device.

Astell_Kern_logo-510x187.jpg

Quote:
ExpatinJapan:

For the sake of clarity, would you consider renaming the thread something like this?:

The New iRiver A100: A High-End DAP

Astell&Kern is involved, but this is an iRiver device.

Astell_Kern_logo-510x187.jpg

AK100 would be even better.
bigsmile_face.gif
Like a lot about it. Size, storage, function all seem great. I can live with touch control but prefer tactile. I'm rather ambivalent about HiDef for portable but this at least has enough storage to accommodate and can be used as a transport.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #24 of 9,165
This might seem slightly offtopic, but for Spotify users like me, a DAP without Spotify (or Rdio, Pandora perhaps) is pretty useless. That might sound harsh, because this device by iRiver has great potential quality wise. Still I think more and more people will leave individual music files behind and opt for the luxury of having unlimited access to a huge music library. It's kinda ironic that Apple has one of the few dedicated music players (iPod Touch) that are app-enabled, while they themselves as a company are still ignoring streaming as a business model. iRiver should seize the opportunity and embrace streaming (through apps) - with excellent sound quality ofcourse. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #25 of 9,165
Quote:
This might seem slightly offtopic, but for Spotify users like me, a DAP without Spotify (or Rdio, Pandora perhaps) is pretty useless. That might sound harsh, because this device by iRiver has great potential quality wise. Still I think more and more people will leave individual music files behind and opt for the luxury of having unlimited access to a huge music library. It's kinda ironic that Apple has one of the few dedicated music players (iPod Touch) that are app-enabled, while they themselves as a company are still ignoring streaming as a business model. iRiver should seize the opportunity and embrace streaming (through apps) - with excellent sound quality ofcourse. 

Until the carriers stop raping the public with their obscenely overpriced data plans (at least in the USA) I'll stick to my individual files. I do like Pandora when I have wifi access, however.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #26 of 9,165

spotify?

never heard of it.

would love to try this player though.

:)

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #27 of 9,165
Quote:
Until the carriers stop raping the public with their obscenely overpriced data plans (at least in the USA) I'll stick to my individual files. I do like Pandora when I have wifi access, however.

Absolutely, telco's play their part in this. (I make sure to sync on wifi only)

Quote:
spotify?
never heard of it.
would love to try this player though.
smily_headphones1.gif

You should check it out :wink: both of them I guess

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #28 of 9,165
Quote:

This player is targeted at audiophiles who play 24bit flacs anyway. I doubt Spotify even offers flac?

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #30 of 9,165
Quote:

I am a long time Spotify user and fan and even I don't understand what you are saying. You want a portable device to have Spotify support? In what manner? Streaming or offline mode, or both? How do you plan on getting streaming working unless there's a 3G/4G chip SIM built in? Do you think there will be wifi available to you when you are going for a run or at the gym? Possible, but unlikely. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back