The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 15, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #16 of 6,859
CAD63B11-E9DC-4889-858E-4DF9947F3EDC.jpeg Good informative video by Joe

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #17 of 6,859
Subscribed :yum:

Hmm... some answers

This will of course come out later than the R6, and it's running a custom non-Android OS. We try to pack as much smarts in as possible though, including Tidal and hopefully more streaming services, and a player app that works similarly to HiByMusic ono Android.
I hope Spotify is at the top of your list Joe and can we get some Mage 8 Ball action on this little beauty.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 6,859
I’d request Tidal, Spotify and Apple Music. I know Spotify and Apple Music may be harder to implement, but some of us use either in combination to Tidal (in my case Apple Music) due to their more extensive music libraries.

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #20 of 6,859
I’d request Tidal, Spotify and Apple Music. I know Spotify and Apple Music may be harder to implement, but some of us use either in combination to Tidal (in my case Apple Music) due to their more extensive music libraries.
Spot on, I don't know what Apple Music cost per month but Spotify has the $15/month family plan for up to 6 people residing in the same household. So we have 4 unlimited premium accounts for $3.75 each per month and it's pretty good on extreme quality. Please include Spotify with download support Joe, you will open the market for the R3 to millions of potential customers.
https://www.spotify.com/us/family/

https://www.spotify.com/us/family/?...le&gclid=COC28vjEqdkCFWGzswodbCELwQ&gclsrc=ds

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #22 of 6,859
Spot on, I don't know what Apple Music cost per month but Spotify has the $15/month family plan for up to 6 people residing in the same household. So we have 4 unlimited premium accounts for $3.75 each per month and it's pretty good on extreme quality. Please include Spotify with download support Joe, you will open the market for the R3 to millions of potential customers.
https://www.spotify.com/us/family/

https://www.spotify.com/us/family/?...le&gclid=COC28vjEqdkCFWGzswodbCELwQ&gclsrc=ds
apple music costs the same as well. I have a family plan and a Tidal personal account. But Tidal's library is more limited for certain genres and I prefer Apple Music for that.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 6,859
Love the looks and the compact size. As far as streaming goes, I don't do it that much, but it can be useful at some times. I personally use Deezer, so it would be nice it and possible Spotify can be added to cover the basics as if streaming is goinf to be a selling factor and will affect the price of the unit, then as many people as possible should be able to use it and Tidal covers less than quarter of the world

But I'm totally up for an R3 and am also totally supporting the custom software instead of Android

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #25 of 6,859
Seems like a Shanling M3S on steroids. The extra wifi and Tidal (and other similar services) is cool.

I challenge the claim that it will be $230. Seems like a $250-$325 price point. If it is less, I will be impressed.

Do we know the power output information?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #26 of 6,859
WiFi as a feature may trickle down into lower-midrange models over the next few years. It would be nice if these players have some sort of plugin system so people can make streaming plugins for them.
Support for any streaming service you can think of, or even a mpd client,...

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #27 of 6,859
This looks great. I wanted the R6 after being disappointed with my Hidiz AP200 purchase, but couldn’t afford an other DAP. But the R3 looks like it maybe an affordable option. Can’t wait to see the specs/ reviews on it. I don’t really need streaming, just an SD card slot for my FLAC and better sound then the AP200.

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #29 of 6,859
Please let this be a low impedance dap...I've way too many impedance-sensitive ba phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back