The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Dec 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #17 of 719
I just wanted to say that I have just had a fantastic service from Ted. I wanted a cheap ALO balanced cable as my ALO RX MK3-B had developed a connection issue in the single-ended headphone socket and rather than repair the amp (out of warranty and probably expensive to fix) I wanted to circumvent it by going balanced in the hopes that it would do the trick. I had already spent considerable amount on single ended cable so wasnt really looking to spend much.

To be brutally honest Ted was not my first choice as I had not heard of Headphone Lounge so I had approached another well-known custom cable maker and was frankly appalled by his customer service and arrogance. It almost felt the guy did not want my business. I researched and stumbled upon Headphone Lounge and decided to approach Ted. I explained my requirements to Ted and instead of selling me another cable (which he could have done quite easily) he offered to reterminate my existing cable as well as fix my broken HD650 balanced cable for what I would consider to be a shockingly good value for money.

All throughout the process the communication was excellent and when I did get my cables back, there were perfect. I still have a bit of static on my amp (possibly contact issues) but its hugely better. All in all Ted gets my thumbs up and I would not hesitate one bit to recommend him!!

Thanks Ted!!

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #18 of 719
Hey guys, 

Just got my new cable in from Ted for my Tralucent 1Plus2 BA IEM's. As expected...the work is flawless, gorgeous, and sounds amazing. Since getting home this afternoon I've been comparing this cable with the high end aftermarket cable that came with the IEM's.

Ted's cable blows them away. 

For now I'm using them with a DX50 along with a Tralucent T1. Tomorrow I'll use the DX100 and the RWAK100...but at this point, I'm more than confident that Ted's will continue to kick royal ass.

Here are some pics...

Happy New Years Guys!

Steve from CT

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #19 of 719
I've dealt with him in the past and he provided nothing short of impeccable customer service. He is aces all around and I'll contact him for a new CIEM cable down the road. I'm glad he went solo.

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #21 of 719
A quick question. I have a spc iem cable from Ted but thinking about a silver cable. Is it just as flexible as the spc? I have a silver cable from another company but it wasn't as flexible as Ted's cable so thinking about other options. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #22 of 719
A quick question. I have a spc iem cable from Ted but thinking about a silver cable. Is it just as flexible as the spc? I have a silver cable from another company but it wasn't as flexible as Ted's cable so thinking about other options. 

Yes. I have both a SPC and pure silver cable from Ted and both are identical when it comes to flexibility.

If you decide to upgrade to pure silver you will not be disappointed. The best description I have heard in reference to pure OCC silver cables from Headphone Lounge was "they lifted a veil from the music I didn't know was there."

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #23 of 719
  Hey guys, 

Just got my new cable in from Ted for my Tralucent 1Plus2 BA IEM's. As expected...the work is flawless, gorgeous, and sounds amazing. Since getting home this afternoon I've been comparing this cable with the high end aftermarket cable that came with the IEM's.

Ted's cable blows them away. 

For now I'm using them with a DX50 along with a Tralucent T1. Tomorrow I'll use the DX100 and the RWAK100...but at this point, I'm more than confident that Ted's will continue to kick royal ass.

Here are some pics...

Happy New Years Guys!

Steve from CT

you didnt like the stock 1 plus 2....i owned the older style stranded one plus 2 pure silver and found it to be excellent, just wondered why you went with a diff cable

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #24 of 719
  you didnt like the stock 1 plus 2....i owned the older style stranded one plus 2 pure silver and found it to be excellent, just wondered why you went with a diff cable

I got these second hand and they came with a BTG Starlight Cable. The new cable blows it away.

Steve from CT

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #26 of 719
Another great story about Ted Allen. So I come home from work on Thursday and I had accidentally dropped my balanced cables on the floor before I left and it was cleaning lady day. Long story short she vacuumed my cables :frowning2: so they are destroyed. Worse, on Friday I was receiving my new RSA F-35 Lightning amp with only a balanced out.

So I call Ted on Friday afternoon to explain my problem and after a quick chat we hang up. What does Ted do? Within a couple of hours Ted makes me a new set of balanced OCC silver cables and travels 30 miles to a regional post office so that I will hopefully receive them today and I did. I have always considered $200 a great price for OCC silver cables but after that kind of customer service another $180 (with the repeat customer 10% discount) is a bargain.

I will post pictures when I stop listening long enough.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #27 of 719
Another great story about Ted Allen. So I come home from work on Thursday and I had accidentally dropped my balanced cables on the floor before I left and it was cleaning lady day. Long story short she vacuumed my cables :frowning2: so they are destroyed. Worse, on Friday I was receiving my new RSA F-35 Lightning amp with only a balanced out.

So I call Ted on Friday afternoon to explain my problem and after a quick chat we hang up. What does Ted do? Within a couple of hours Ted makes me a new set of balanced OCC silver cables and travels 30 miles to a regional post office so that I will hopefully receive them today and I did. I have always considered $200 a great price for OCC silver cables but after that kind of customer service another $180 (with the repeat customer 10% discount) is a bargain.

I will post pictures when I stop listening long enough.

yeah thats is some customer service.  doubt anyone else would go that far to please a customer

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #30 of 719

A couple of pictures if my new balanced cables. I love the new FBI cables logo. I asked what it stands for and it is "From the Big Island" as Ted lived on Hawai'i for 24 years. Aloha Ted and beautiful work as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back