The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
May 11, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #10,471 of 29,032
Try a PPA red USB it's not that expensive but does make a difference you can hear
As soon as you try it. Don't be so anger at me.
I am just a user like you and felt just like you did
It's not all snake oil but many are. There is also changes in SS HARDdrives
Ciao marred to mech spin drives. Also sata cables
I know all the data gets there. It dies of course that's how CPU s work. But here're us timing issues that we here
Same with dacs I know they are asynconus
But it's the same here there are small varienses in the timing
There is a good answers on the web read them. And stop being so agree at me
If I have offended you I am sorry for it.
If it's just what I am saying relax it's just my opinion
Not yours
Happy al

Not angry at you . I am at the companies that sell expensive cables and make claims about how they improve sound quality when they don't.

May 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #10,472 of 29,032
Well I feel the same as you do. Especially the exotic bull,ones . I am with in that. Butbtherebisbalwaysbroom small to more noticible improvent to be had. The PPA I quoted does make a big enough improvement to be worth while . And my audioquest diamond does too but the PPA is just as good at half the price .
Al

May 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #10,473 of 29,032
Why do HD800 threads always turn into cable debates??????

The last HD800 appreciation thread got locked for this very thing. Circular arguments are still circular arguments.

Leave it alone-there are other threads on this site dedicated soley to people who wish to stick their heads in the sand.

-Daniel

May 11, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #10,474 of 29,032
It'd be fun if it always turned into a Siamese Dream debate.

Yes, I think it's their best album.  

I wonder what cables they used... not really.

May 11, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #10,476 of 29,032
There is no debate. SD is definitely their best album as a whole.
L3000.gif
 Although Adore probably sounds best w/ the HD800.

-Daniel

May 11, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #10,477 of 29,032
I vote Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.
rolleyes.gif

But honestly, it's all good. Mostly. Better than 95% of the stuff made today at least, that's for sure.

May 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #10,479 of 29,032
Well I feel the same as you do. Especially the exotic bull,ones . I am with in that. Butbtherebisbalwaysbroom small to more noticible improvent to be had. The PPA I quoted does make a big enough improvement to be worth while . And my audioquest diamond does too but the PPA is just as good at half the price .
Al

Paul Pang stuff is awesome.
I have a computer dedicated music server made around his PPA USB card (powered by linear PSU).
Highly recommended!

And another vote for Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness !!

May 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #10,485 of 29,032
  I am using the HD800 with the AK240 balanced with an balanced cable and adapter and it is working well. The AK240 is awesome and will work well with the hd800.  The adapter is wyredwires- Alex did a great job making the adapter

I have to agree. I have a balanced adapter from ALO that I've been using with the HD800's and I've been very pleasantly surprised how well the HD800's work with the AK240.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back