The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #4,923 of 29,013
Quote:
Quote:
The Decware CSP2+ is excellent for the HD800 and is currently (for the next 6 weeks or so) under $1000 USD.

Whatever happened to the CSP3 you mentioned a while ago?

-Daniel

They are transitioning right now. if you go to the site you order the CSP2+ but get upgraded to the CSP3+. This is standard Decware policy to allow early adopters a nice discount on the newest gear.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #4,924 of 29,013
Quote:
They are transitioning right now. if you go to the site you order the CSP2+ but get upgraded to the CSP3+. This is standard Decware policy to allow early adopters a nice discount on the newest gear.

Yeah I've checked a couple of times lately, but found nothing. What are the improvements supposed to be? And does it mention the upgrade to CSP3+ when it's at the checkout, or what? Also, I'd expect the usual 12ish week wait time?

-Daniel

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #4,925 of 29,013
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I've checked a couple of times lately, but found nothing. What are the improvements supposed to be? And does it mention the upgrade to CSP3+ when it's at the checkout, or what? Also, I'd expect the usual 12ish week wait time?

-Daniel

PM sent

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #4,926 of 29,013
Here's my diffuse field frequency response graph for 23xxx. Seems pretty decent to me, no major dips or peaks compared to some graphs i've seen.

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4,928 of 29,013
Quote:
This may be an odd question. Has anyone ever made leather pads like the MrSpeakers Alpha Pads for the HD800s?

hd800s earpads are its own shape and quite large. i dont think i've seen anybody making leather pads. also the hd800's pads are not really meant to be user removable so it is actually not easy to remove them (but definitely doable, there are tutorials online). personally i think the microfiber texture of the hd800 pads is more comfortable than leather, but problem is after a while they wear out and replacement is a pain lol

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #4,929 of 29,013
You can buy replacement earpads from Senn to replace yourself so I'd say they are meant to be user removeable, just very hard.

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #4,930 of 29,013
Quote:
also the hd800's pads are not really meant to be user removable so it is actually not easy to remove them

I thought it was pretty easy.  Just dig into the inside and pull on the plastic ring.  Carefully and evenly all the way around.  They pretty much come right off...

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #4,933 of 29,013
I've had mine replaced once. The pads were beginning to start flaking so that was as good a sign as any to replace them. They actually cost somewhat reasonable considering the price of the headphone or at least it is from Sennheiser USA. It was ~80 or so shipped or in that general ballpark. I was expecting much more than that.

The pads are real easy to remove. They pretty much snap into place similar to how the HD600/650 are. There are some tutorials online so it takes like 2 minutes. Of course I wasn't aware of the tutorials when I changed mine and thought the plastic ring like thing that's inside the pads had to stay on the HD800 and you had to put the pads back on by pushing the flap inside...

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #4,934 of 29,013
I just read the pad replacement article on Headfonia--I probably can get another two years out of mine without new pads.

I apologize to interrupt the impressions and recommendations on this thread with yet another maintenance question: How do you clean your pads? I've been using a very fine horsehair brush, which seems to work well with Beyerdynamic's and Sennheiser's velour...

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #4,935 of 29,013
Quote:
I just read the pad replacement article on Headfonia--I probably can get another two years out of mine without new pads.

I apologize to interrupt the impressions and recommendations on this thread with yet another maintenance question: How do you clean your pads? I've been using a very fine horsehair brush, which seems to work well with Beyerdynamic's and Sennheiser's velour...

I just use tape. Press on, peel off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back