The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Dec 1, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 1,895
Actually, there's a gain selection that you can set with the remote controller.

Hold the mode button on the remote controller (the O button in the middle) for 3 seconds. The LEDs will start blinking. With the up/down buttons on the remote, choose V1 or V2. V1 is low gain and V2 is high gain. Press the mode button again for 3 seconds to set it.
Thanks. It was definitely on V1.

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 1,895
Everything I’ve read about the Bakoon Amp-13r and the Enleum Amp-23 was companioned with the Susvaras or driving efficient loudspeakers. I am really interested in how the new Amp- 23 would work with high impedance dynamic driver headphones like the ZMF Vérité

Dec 5, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #23 of 1,895
What dac are you using with it?
Chord DAVE.

Let me tell you guys, this thing is amazing with the AB1266 Phi TC! Simply magical pairing (along with the Susvara and LCD-5).

Dec 5, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #28 of 1,895
Are you using headphone out or speaker taps. I would be nice to have someone that is powerful enough to use headphone out and still use the speaker taps for speakers.
The amp at 10 o’clock is incredibly loud with the Susvara on high gain and why would I risk blowing out my $6,500 headphones? Speakers? I haven tried that yet, but Headphone.Guru is dedicated towards personal audio, so not likely I’ll cover that in my review. But I’ll try to report back here on this thread with reg to speakers. 🙂

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #29 of 1,895
The amp at 10 o’clock is incredibly loud with the Susvara on high gain and why would I risk blowing out my $6,500 headphones? Speakers? I haven tried that yet, but Headphone.Guru is dedicated towards personal audio, so not likely I’ll cover that in my review. But I’ll try to report back here on this thread with reg to speakers. 🙂
According to the Enleum web site, the max gain is identical (22.5 dB) between the speaker taps and the headphone jack in high gain mode. Unless I'm missing something, there's no additional risk to using the speaker taps. It would seem that the best choice (headphone jack vs. speaker taps) might come down to whether one has a cable terminated with a 1/4" jack or a 4-pin XLR.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #30 of 1,895
According to the Enleum web site, the max gain is identical (22.5 dB) between the speaker taps and the headphone jack in high gain mode.
This is the same with 13R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back