The MS1 Appreciation Thread
Apr 6, 2006 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
I have to give Kudos to John and George for this little guy. Affordable, comfey, easily tune-able with all the different pad types. Free worldwide shipping (!!)
eek.gif
eek.gif

Lively enough for the hard core Grado fans to enjoy, yet warm and tame enough for the non-gradoheads to enjoy. IMHO its the most balanced and neutral Grado/Alessandro and the easiest to like.

modded HD414 and old soggy bowls are my pads of choice.

All Hail the MS1!!
wink.gif

Garrett

Apr 6, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 18
I loved mine and sold them. Nice cans for the cash.

Apr 6, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
Can you request them to be modded?

You just swap your own pads on to them, I don't think Grado will install Sennheiser HD414 pads at the factory.

Apr 6, 2006 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 18
i would think that all cans benifit from an amp. and there is no 'better', it comes down to preference mostly. both would be good setup's probably, but the 580's would be better for more laid back music. the 580's have a wider soundstage, with a warmer sound.
this is all based upon what i've read ofcourse.

Apr 6, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

does the ms-1 benefit from an amp? Better yet, which is the better combo? amp+ms1 or amp+580

IMHO yes... but thats relative to my unamped sources which are craptacular at best.

I like my pimetta better than my Millet, for its quick and dynamic sound. Millet is a little too "mushy-soft" for the MS1. Im willing to bet a gilmore lite would sound incredible with the MS1.

Garrett

Apr 6, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

hey karmer, did u ck ur mailbox? i pm you...

are you sure?... I didn't receive?

frown.gif
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 18
great work guys!

keep on, love this cans too, just upgraded from PX-100, and they are great!

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #14 of 18
Question - I ordered these bad boys on Saturday and I'm anxiously waiting - I had read somewhere that when they finally ding your bank account it means that they've shipped, is this so? And how long do they normally take to arrive?

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by GendoIkari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question - I ordered these bad boys on Saturday and I'm anxiously waiting - I had read somewhere that when they finally ding your bank account it means that they've shipped, is this so? And how long do they normally take to arrive?

That depends if they have the headphone in question on shelf. If not, then it depends on Grado and how fast he can make a batch of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back