The Most Sensual ("Sexual") Song/Music Of All Time?
Mar 26, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #136 of 181
I also vote for Divinyl's I Touch Myself. But I think an even sexier one is The Principles Of Lust by Enigma
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #137 of 181
Pink Love - Blonde Redhead
Tokyo, Mon Amour - Pizzicato Five, not to be confused with Mon Amour Tokyo from their next studio album
Les Rivieres de Janvier - Keren Ann
Sometimes - My Bloody Valentine in the context of Lost in Translation
It's A Fire - Portishead, particularly the live versions

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #138 of 181
I agree with:
Berlin - "Sex"
Massive Attack - "Inertia Creeps"

The Blood Group's first album is along those lines too.

and, just for fun (not serious or anything), I'll toss in Detroit Grand Pubahs - "Sandwiches"

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #141 of 181
I'm sorry, but everyone so far has been off base (first post btw, hello!).

If you really want to talk about sensual, sensous, soft, beautiful music, you need look no further than the compilation by The Roots own ?uestlove, who painfully assembled Babies Makin Babies, which includes the amazing and just straight out make your heart flutter track "Inside my Love" by Minnie Ripperton.

The album, while all the lyrics are actually pretty PG-13 at work, is one of the most sensual and sexual albums I've ever heard.

On that note, if you like the down-tempo stuff, Portishead's Dummy is always a sure hit, and if you're down with some good relaxed noise/drone rock for your private times (its really great for whatever reason, I can't explain), try SunnoO & Boris Altar.

While the first and second selections will probably please a lot of people, the third is really not for everyone.

Apr 10, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #143 of 181
Actually the whole Remedy Lane album by Pain of Salvation has a bit of that feel to it.
Partly due to the very 'muddy but warm' mix but also the storyline...
After all, I have never heard an album that kicked off with a ten and twelve-year old wanting to have sex
blink.gif

I'd say the most notable songs are Of Two Beginnings and the beginning of Beyond the Pale. Just creepy...and sexy, kinda

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #145 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrRed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....and if you're down with some good relaxed noise/drone rock for your private times (its really great for whatever reason, I can't explain), try SunnoO & Boris Altar.

While the first and second selections will probably please a lot of people, the third is really not for everyone.

um, did you just suggest Boris as "getting it on" music?

my wife would be like.. HOW CAN YOU LISTEN TO THAT ($#%&$(

Sunn O))) ??? if I'm lucky, I can get my wife to listen to some Sinead O')))

:)

-jar

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #146 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um, did you just suggest Boris as "getting it on" music?

my wife would be like.. HOW CAN YOU LISTEN TO THAT ($#%&$(

Sunn O))) ??? if I'm lucky, I can get my wife to listen to some Sinead O')))

:)

-jar

My girl is awesome :)

Something about long drawn out notes at high volume that makes for good gettin it on music. I can't explain it, but it happened once and worked out really well.

Apr 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #147 of 181
Anything by Prince..

Sexy Mother@%@$er
Do me
Scandelous
Erotic City
Alphabet St.
Rasberry Beret
Lovesexy
Cream
Darling Niki....etc.. That boy needs some HELP!
rolleyes.gif

Oh and how bout the divinyls "I Touch myself"... cool song, nice imagery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back