The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Oct 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #2,581 of 4,317
You liked the Betas over these? I have the Betas and aside from the warmth and cable, I thought the 8320s were leaps and bounds above them.. The sound stage is much wider on these. They sound a lot clearer by a wide margin and they scale much better. I don't know how much the superlux is, but the fact that your comparing this to an IEM that 4x more expensive I think gives credibility to just how awesome these are.
Hype train coming through!!! WOOT!!!

I am sure I'm having fit & seal issues.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,583 of 4,317
To be honest, the 8320 sounds like the K240 Studio's little brother to me.

The 8320 has the same effortlessness to the sound that the K240's do, which means medium attack/decay (PRaT). Overall detail retrieval is slightly better on the K240s. The K240s are also warmer than the 8320s and they have better bass extension. The highs on the K240s are also smooth as butter, whereas the 8320s are slightly rough in that area. The 8320s do however have a larger soundstage and better imaging than the K240s. They also isolate better, and needless to say are much more portable. The K240s are a more enjoyable presentation; occasionally the 8320s do sound slightly cold and steely. 

Still, as far as being the best price:performance ratio, these little in-ears can't be beat. They're currently getting lots of ear time from me.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #2,584 of 4,317
I like the sound of these. Very good for the price. One thing I don't like is the almost shouting vocals at medium-high volume. There is kind of a coarseness in the sound when the volume is on a higher level. Does this improve with burn in? I do believe I have a proper fit and seal and what I am hearing to me is an accurate representation.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2,585 of 4,317
On the recommendation of the group I grabbed a pair of the 8320s. Im really digging them, so much so in fact that I'm selling my Klipsch Image X10. To be honest im still using the stock tips (until the Complys arrive) so the fit and comfort are so-so. However when paired with the Fiio E11 the Monoprice are full, rich, and have enough bottom end to keep this bass hog satisfied. Im hoping that after more breakin time (only about 15 hours so far) and the T-500 tips, things can only get better.

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #2,587 of 4,317
Quote:
I like the sound of these. Very good for the price. One thing I don't like is the almost shouting vocals at medium-high volume. There is kind of a coarseness in the sound when the volume is on a higher level. Does this improve with burn in? I do believe I have a proper fit and seal and what I am hearing to me is an accurate representation.

It's probably your source. I know what you are talking about, mine did that a little bit too until I got my E7. 

I would definitely suggest amping them; they scale quite well.

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #2,588 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:

It's probably your source. I know what you are talking about, mine did that a little bit too until I got my E7. 

I would definitely suggest amping them; they scale quite well.

What are your sources?

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,589 of 4,317
Quote:
What are your sources?

iPhone 3G, laptop (crappy), desktop (good, but haven't used the 8320s with it), and an iPod Nano.

Oh, additionally, if you have any kind of EQ activated on an iDevice... turn it off.

Back in my non-audiophile days, I used the Jazz setting on my iPod nano for everything, and when I went back to it I was wondering why the hell my headphones were distorting like crazy. =____=

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #2,591 of 4,317
Did my good samaritan deed for the week..... Saved a co-worker from his bose in-ears.... with a pair of 8230's. It's those moments that make sacrificing my wallet to head-fi worth it.... :)

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #2,592 of 4,317
Quote:
Did my good samaritan deed for the week..... Saved a co-worker from his bose in-ears.... with a pair of 8230's. It's those moments that make sacrificing my wallet to head-fi worth it....
smily_headphones1.gif

Well done Sir.  Well done. 
cool.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2,595 of 4,317
Quote:
Hear a lot of great recommendations about comply foam tips, but was curious if anyone has tried the "Squish Fit" brand of foam tips with the 8320's?

They are 1/3rd the price of the complys on amazon US.

Since I didnt hear back, I figured I would go ahead and give these "Squish Fit" foam tips a try.  

I just placed an order on Amazon and will let everyone know what I think.  

BTW - I needed to take back my earlier comment that the Squish Fit were 1/3rd the price of the Comply tips.   With shipping they actually came to $6.88 (US) for a pack of 6.  

Still not bad, but it hurts paying almost as much for the tips, as I did on the 8320's.  
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back