The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Sep 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,431 of 4,317
Quote:
On sale fr $5.69:  http://www.monoprice.com/home/promo.asp?pn=expert_picks_september_q3_2012&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=announcement&utm_content=expert_picks&utm_campaign=expert_picks_september_q3_2012

With shipping they are slightly cheaper at Amazon if you have Prime and you will get it faster http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Enhanced-Hi-Fi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B007VEQ2UU?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals  I grabbed me a pair.  I have to see what the hype is about. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #2,433 of 4,317
Try Meelec bi flange ones. Those are good for many earphones. Get that balanced grey double flange ones on their web site. http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-df-35-bk.htm I am using the black ones here. It sounds great. They have a variety pack which comes with these double flange tips too.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,434 of 4,317
Quote:
Try Meelec bi flange ones. Those are good for many earphones. Get that balanced grey double flange ones on their web site. http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-df-35-bk.htm I am using the black ones here. It sounds great. They have a variety pack which comes with these double flange tips too.

Awesome!  Thanks for the link!  I will try those.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2,435 of 4,317
Just joined the 7.11 club yesterday! Bought 2.

Enjoying these IEMs so far, tried the tape mod (dont know if i did it right. i taped the little hole next to the nozzle) noticed a bit more bass, but may be placebo.

The oem tips actually fit pretty well, I just had to wear it upside-down (seems like thats how the design was made for) but for some reason, when i push the earphone into my ear, theres some popping noise, like im pushing really soft plastic.

Bought some monster tips on ebay, going to see if theres any difference.

Are there any other mods?

Thanks.

P.S. if anyone can repost the picture of the tape mod, it would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to go through163 pages of posts.

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2,436 of 4,317
Quote:
With shipping they are slightly cheaper at Amazon if you have Prime and you will get it faster http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Enhanced-Hi-Fi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B007VEQ2UU?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals  I grabbed me a pair.  I have to see what the hype is about. 

I have Amazon Prime, and right now the 8320 is $8.41 on Amazon and as of sending this the 8320 is only $5.69 with the Monoprice deal.  You are probably right that you my come out ahead buying them as a prime customer on Amazon, but if you buy more than one pair it appears that Monoprice does not hit you up for extra shipping.

Case in point, yesterday I ordered 3 pairs or 8320s and 2 pairs of 8323 headphones from Monoprice (The 8323 is also on sale for $18.56)
In the end I only paid $8 for shipping and the majority of the weight the 8323's.   So I think if you are going to order more than one pair, you may do better going through Monoprice.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2,437 of 4,317
These are really amazing. Now at under $6 on sale, it's just a crazy performance/price ratio. The only downside for me is they sound so damn good I want to use them all the time but because they are semi-open, I can hear all the crappy music being piped in to my gym.

Comply foam tips are a must for these.

Anyone here re-cable theirs?

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2,438 of 4,317
Quote:
These are really amazing. Now at under $6 on sale, it's just a crazy performance/price ratio. The only downside for me is they sound so damn good I want to use them all the time but because they are semi-open, I can hear all the crappy music being piped in to my gym.

Comply foam tips are a must for these.

Anyone here re-cable theirs?

Yeah, its somewhere towards the beginning of the topic.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #2,439 of 4,317
I was going to order some Comply tips since I find foam tips work much better for me on all IEM's.

But then I realized I had some Shure foam tips lying around. They actually fit and work really well.

Here's where I got my Shure foam tips:
http://www.earplugstore.com/lafotifore2e.html

The tubes on the tips are fairly rigid, so you have to work them onto the 8320's since it's a very tight fit.

But these are a lot cheaper than the Comply.

Since I don't have the Comply's and have never heard them, so I can't say which are better, but for me the Shure tips work great.

-Darin

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2,440 of 4,317
Would like to read more reviews and compartion between the 8320 verus the new earbud, seems the new earbud is better from the reviews i am reading.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #2,444 of 4,317
I've got them recently. It was a b*tch to import them to Europe, but we got a dozen with a few other guys.

They're... Interesting, sound-wise. Definitely at or above the $50 range, especially considering the sound signature which is not bassy at all, but rather insanely harsh and trebble-ish. A complete anitithesis to most budget earphones.

That said, they're the most uncomfortable earphones ever. Huge, thus impossible to fit in the ear properly. And the edges, oh boy who thought it's a good idea to put thorns on an earphone? I find them tolerable only with 3-flange tips (cheap from ebay) and even then only for a short while.

I guess, for you northern Americans, it's a good buy for $7, but paying anything more is a risk... I'd definitely rather save up and buy some decent $50 earphones. Or if the budget is a real concern, get something cheaper even if not as good.

Just my 2 cents (or rather 7 dollars).

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,445 of 4,317
Quote:
I've got them recently. It was a b*tch to import them to Europe, but we got a dozen with a few other guys.

They're... Interesting, sound-wise. Definitely at or above the $50 range, especially considering the sound signature which is not bassy at all, but rather insanely harsh and trebble-ish. A complete anitithesis to most budget earphones.

That said, they're the most uncomfortable earphones ever. Huge, thus impossible to fit in the ear properly. And the edges, oh boy who thought it's a good idea to put thorns on an earphone? I find them tolerable only with 3-flange tips (cheap from ebay) and even then only for a short while.

I guess, for you northern Americans, it's a good buy for $7, but paying anything more is a risk... I'd definitely rather save up and buy some decent $50 earphones. Or if the budget is a real concern, get something cheaper even if not as good.

Just my 2 cents (or rather 7 dollars).

me thinks you dont have proper seal, they are not harsh o trebblish with the correct fit.   I used like 20 tips wih them, incluiding triple flanged, i found the M9 double flanged tip works wonders for me.

Bass is thight, mids foward, no harsh o treble problems.  that was 4 months trying all kind of tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back