The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #723 of 4,317
I think for most these are not going to have that wow factor off the bat.. Ya I know that is what you guys are expecting but so when does the wow factor come in? 1) Proper tip and fit.. Number one priority on these even more so than most iems. Otherwise these will sound like sibilant $7.11 Iems with no bass..      2)Proper burn in..My pair I guarantee has more time than all you guys. No sibilance. Proper balance and smoother over all sound as a result.
               3)Try them out with every type of music you have not just one genre.  Even though these are "Enhanced bass".. I have heard plenty with more bass but something is always missing or not right on the other parts of the sound signature on something with enhanced bass.
               4) Try some EQ.. Yes I know many of you guys are completely against eQ.. These are $7.11 earphones it is ok to use your eq..These eQ awesomely well and will only enhance the sounds better to your liking.. You want more bass? Throw on more bass or decrease it.
               5) Last but not least.. If you guys have a portable amp.. These will surprise you perhaps the most with a small amp. The SQ jumps..
               6) Over all this.. Enjoy the best sounding $7.11 Iem you have ever heard.

That is when you realize these are great for cost and worthy of all that is on this thread.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #726 of 4,317
Was just about to order and saw they are now on backorder until the 26th 
frown.gif

I knew I should have placed an order yesterday.... same thing happened with the CC51 when they were only $25 shipped.

These things go quick....

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #733 of 4,317
Rats, I had a pair in my cart. I was going to put these in a sub $30 shootout. Here's hoping that they come back in stock before the day after Christmas.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #734 of 4,317
Well that took a whole 3 days to sell out. I Can see a bunch of Chinese workers around the clock making these like a busy Chinese restaurant with too many customers. Lol! I think by today we should see the next wave of impressions on these. Bring it..Let the community know how a $7.11 earphone sound to you. I know there will be some haters but so far these have gotten accepted by the results of the first batch. A very positive response. Again these aren't hi fi and should not be compared to them but I will safely say they are easily in the mid fi category on sound alone. For casual listening these will astound for the cost. Happy listening everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back