The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #617 of 4,317

Quote:
How hard would it be to paint these? The chrome is ugly to me ^_^

I am thinking those model paint kits would be good. Or if you can seal all the holes up maybe you can dip em in some paint and let them dry out over night. Because of the metal finish I am thinking it will look cool..All black, all blue, all red. Whatever color that suites you.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #619 of 4,317
People may think I'm crazy, but I prefer the Monoprice 8320 to the TF10. Sure the TF10 is more refined, and has more detail, etc. But with the 8320, everything is there. It has good treble, mids, and bass. I can enjoy all my genres and I never miss the TF10. 

I did some A/B ing today between the both of them, and although the TF10 sounds 'flashier' (for the lack of a better word), I prefer the meat and potatoes approach the 8320 has. Then, take the 8320's sound, multiply it by a factor of 5, and you get the GR07. Maybe the fact that I listen to a diverse collection of music, a good bit of them vocal, just makes me value a balanced signature more than anything else.

Then again, I might be insane.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #620 of 4,317
Quote:

My money is on the latter. Just kidding! 
biggrin.gif
 (or am I...)

Assuming the 8320 really does resemble the EX600, I can tell you now, I already prefer it to the TF10 based on that alone... It'll be some time before mine reach me, however, but I have very very high expectations...

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #621 of 4,317

Quote:
People may think I'm crazy, but I prefer the Monoprice 8320 to the TF10. Sure the TF10 is more refined, and has more detail, etc. But with the 8320, everything is there. It has good treble, mids, and bass. I can enjoy all my genres and I never miss the TF10. 

I did some A/B ing today between the both of them, and although the TF10 sounds 'flashier' (for the lack of a better word), I prefer the meat and potatoes approach the 8320 has. Then, take the 8320's sound, multiply it by a factor of 5, and you get the GR07. Maybe the fact that I listen to a diverse collection of music, a good bit of them vocal, just makes me value a balanced signature more than anything else.

Coo Coo.!

No man you aren't insane. It is all about enjoying your music. I hope people can see that he is enjoying the MP8320 just as much as his others and hey that to me is a win for the MP. That just mean they don't suck.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #622 of 4,317
I'm not saying the famous $7 IEM's don't sound good for the money but there is no way in hell they're better sounding than the TF10's.  I've only had my 10's for 5 days and theres no IEM I've ever heard that sound as good as these do.  But with all the hype about the Monoprice I'm going to get a pair when there back in stock because for $9 shipping its worth it to see what all the overblown hypes about.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #623 of 4,317

Quote:
Quote:

My money is on the latter. Just kidding! 
biggrin.gif
 (or am I...)

Assuming the 8320 really does resemble the EX600, I can tell you now, I already prefer it to the TF10 based on that alone... It'll be some time before mine reach me, however, but I have very very high expectations...

Have high expectations on a custom. On a $7.11 MP? They sound great for the price but they won't touch what you have already I can tell you that much. Where the EX600 is better is resolution, definition and clarity... What will surprise is. Depending on type of music there is almost no difference between the EX600 and the MP 8320. I listen to a lot of Trance, hiphop, electrinica. I suppose more synthetic music than acoustical so that is where these two are similar in many ways. Now I throw on some big room jazz and we got a whole new ball game.. I know it is interesting to hear a phone that has been hyped up and there are expectations when comparisons of higher end sound come about but for what these cost and how they perform.. I don't expect them to rival high end stuff.. But I do expect to give listeners just as much enjoyment for their music collection.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #624 of 4,317
Quote:
But I do expect to give listeners just as much enjoyment for their music collection.

And that's precisely what I'm after. 
smile.gif

P.S. It's trance & progressive I'll be using them for, so I'm hoping I'll find them just as enjoyable as you have, my friend. 
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #626 of 4,317
@i2ehan, Then you are in for a big surprise..Ya I have been recommending these for Trance for a while now and..It is Cricket Chirps.. It is met with silence.. NO way a $7.11 phone gonna do Trance justice. Just no way..

@Kiteki. I have to be honest with you..As much as I loved my FXC51s and I still listen to them. I think if you of all people. Cuz you are the resident Sony fan. These would blow your mind. I will just say it here as I said it before. The MP 8320 sounds are at about 92% of the SONY EX600.Very similar balance and clarity. When amped they hold their own against them.

I think it is the story of the underdog.. Who doesn't want to root for the no named cheapo IEM thats got some proper sound.? These have more than just proper sound.. These have that and are completely opposite of what we are used to here at headfi.. The cost to performance ratio is nuts... You don't see guys coming out saying the FXC51 is as enjoyable as a TF10.. But we just read eke2k6 do just that..Not only him but others as well..Believe they sound proper when given a chance..And proper they are.

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #628 of 4,317

Quote:

Well I can't say I prefer the 8320 to the TF10 in any way but I definitely agree that the Monoprice IEMs present every facet of the audio spectrum incredibly well for something that costs less than $10.

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #629 of 4,317

Quote:
Well I can't say I prefer the 8320 to the TF10 in any way but I definitely agree that the Monoprice IEMs present every facet of the audio spectrum incredibly well for something that costs less than $10.

I can think of 1 way.  The monoprice's don't feel like you're being double teamed in the ears.  Which is a plus for me.

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #630 of 4,317

Quote:
I can think of 1 way.  The monoprice's don't feel like you're being double teamed in the ears.  Which is a plus for me.

Ha! Yeah there's that too...

Quote:

Maybe it's just the overall signature that appeals so much to me. 

Quote:
I'm not saying the famous $7 IEM's don't sound good for the money but there is no way in hell they're better sounding than the TF10's.  I've only had my 10's for 5 days and theres no IEM I've ever heard that sound as good as these do.  But with all the hype about the Monoprice I'm going to get a pair when there back in stock because for $9 shipping its worth it to see what all the overblown hypes about.

"Better sounding" is a highly subjective term. A member on here...Pianist, if i remember correctly, says the RE0 is a top-tier IEM. 

I already said that the TF10 has more detail and is more refined, etc. The issue for me is that I don't feel like I'm missing much when I listen to the 8320. On top of that, when you pair it with a stellar source, it disgraces most iems under $100...in my book at least.

People who prefer eardrum-ripping bass, an in-your-face midrange, or treble that reaches for the stars may not be satisfied. But I'm just saying that an iem that cost less than an appetizer at olive garden is enough to give me sonic satisfaction when I want to give my GR07 a break. Make no mistake though, the TF10 is a great IEM for lots of genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back