The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #466 of 4,317

Quote:
How do they compare to your Edition 8?

The Monoprice or the Westone? Maybe that's a dumb question, but then again, maybe not...

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #467 of 4,317
OK, I drank the Kool-aid and ordered them a week ago.  They arrived and even in the first 15 minutes of listening, these things are VERY good!

The housing is ugly as sin, and I think I have them in my ears at the right angle because while I don't sense a good seal, the deep bass is there none-the-less.

It really is amazing how well balanced these phones are!  Will be interesting to see what 24-48 hours of burn-in and better fitting tips will do for them.

Pretty amazing for $8.99 -- might order another set!

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #469 of 4,317

Quote:

They look a bit like the Senn IE6.

It is funny you mention this Kiteki..Just a theory. I have a suspicion on why these sound so good..Considering these were "reverse engineered" from a famous German make. The very first thought was. It must be Sennheiser..They do look a lot like the 8320s..Even the air vents on the back is similar..Anybody have a pair of these to compare the 8320 in sound with?  The kicker HP541s I have a feeling was reverse engineered from the HD280s. The earphones.. Hmm.

@SoundFreaq..lol!!..You sure man?!! You can send me your Westone 4
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #472 of 4,317
It looks like the availability time got moved up to December 5 on the Monoprice website? Hadn't it been later than that?

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #474 of 4,317

Quote:

I am skeptical and don't like how they look like a kitchen appliance mixed with a chainsaw, but if someone wants to send a pair to me in Australia I'll listen to them, I don't think I can order them from monoprice.

I think every single one of these guys that tried one was skeptical. To be honest I couldn't care if they look like coals in your ears. At this price They sound awesome and can be eQed to your preferred sound preference much like the FXC51s. Plus I am certain as cheap as these are it will only be a matter of time before someone paints theirs all black/ pink for the ladies. Bigger, fuller sound, as much as I loved my FXC51s these beat the tar out of them. I think where the FXC51s are better than the 8320s are in the highs with over all better detail in the music but for me I prefer the fuller sound on the monoprice. As per sending you one. I gave my extra pair to SoundFreaq. Anybody have an extra pair to send to Australia? Nvm Some1 to the rescue.

Quote:
It looks like the availability time got moved up to December 5 on the Monoprice website? Hadn't it been later than that?

Ya when their initial batch was sold out the availability date was January of next year. looks like they ramped up production of these. I gave them a heads up about how these will probably take off because of this thread and told them to ramp up the production of these if they have any power in doing so. I think they listened.. I know they are avidly looking at this thread. If these don't make perfect gifts from an audiophile to a loved one I don't know what is. Stocking stuffers just got a whole lot more interesting.

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #476 of 4,317
It's all relative.  I come from the perspective of RE-Zero and RE-262.  So to me the 8320 surpasses the RE-Zero in bass abundance and on par with the RE-262.  A plus for me, maybe others want more bass but not me.  Even so, I would not call it boomy either.  I referred to it as deep and extended.  However, these are by no means bass light, amp'd or non-amp'd.

Quote:

I don't know why people stress the bass on these, they're not that strong. I'd say it's about on par with the Brainwavz M1 for impact, and quantity wise M1 has the least bass in the Brainwavz line-up sans the armature-based B2. But the 8320 does not have a boomy bass, so the detail and texture comes through.

The clarity on these 8320 is just off the charts, doesn't belong in the sub $50 iems. Clarity will even rival some iems in the $100 but the overall presentation just doesn't do justice. It's not an iem I'm planning to keep. I know I shouldn't be complaining about a sub $10 phone about it's presentation....I know, I know.
But for the price, can't go wrong.

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #477 of 4,317
I just got mine out of the mail. I love them. The highs are seriously smooth. Seems like you could listen to these for a long time without fatigue. I don't know all the technical terms but you can really hear the separation in all the sounds. I'm listening to them with a rockboxed clip plus and I turned up the bass a little with the equalizer and it sounds awesome. I had been listening to my JVC HA-FX1X which I like, the bass is amazing but the highs are lacking (maybe not fully broken in yet). All I have are these, JVC Marshmallows, and the JVC HA-FX1X. These are the best iems i've had, now I have the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 coming Wednesday, if the monoprices sound this good I wonder what the UE's will sound like.. It will be fun to see the difference.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #478 of 4,317
I just got mine out of the mail. I love them. The highs are seriously smooth. Seems like you could listen to these for a long time without fatigue. I don't know all the technical terms but you can really hear the separation in all the sounds. I'm listening to them with a rockboxed clip plus and I turned up the bass a little with the equalizer and it sounds awesome. I had been listening to my JVC HA-FX1X which I like, the bass is amazing but the highs are lacking (maybe not fully broken in yet). All I have are these, JVC Marshmallows, and the JVC HA-FX1X. These are the best iems i've had, now I have the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 coming Wednesday, if the monoprices sound this good I wonder what the UE's will sound like.. It will be fun to see the difference.

Ill have to disagree with your first statement there. The treble is harsh scratchy and sibilant, not smooth at all, my ears get fatigued as soon as i press play. I wanted to let them burn in before i said anything but, i think they'v burned in long enough and they haven't changed a bit. I think Kiteki mentioned in another thread that new headphones go through a four phases, the first one being endless praise, im going to have to start the next phase, the beginning of the hate.
I seriously can not listen to these and don't think i will be using them again, the hurt my ears, sure the bass is detailed but the mids are recessed and the treble is harsh. But im not upset at paying $7 for them, how can i be?
Edit: just realized i sounded harsh there, didn't mean to. Also does no one else have a Samsung smartphone they compare these to? Im starting to feel crazy for liking the OEM's so much.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #479 of 4,317

Quote:
Ill have to disagree with your first statement there. The treble is harsh scratchy and sibilant, not smooth at all, my ears get fatigued as soon as i press play. I wanted to let them burn in before i said anything but, i think they'v burned in long enough and they haven't changed a bit. I think Kiteki mentioned in another thread that new headphones go through a four phases, the first one being endless praise, im going to have to start the next phase, the beginning of the hate.
I seriously can not listen to these and don't think i will be using them again, the hurt my ears, sure the bass is detailed but the mids are recessed and the treble is harsh. But im not upset at paying $7 for them, how can i be?
Edit: just realized i sounded harsh there, didn't mean to. Also does no one else have a Samsung smartphone they compare these to? Im starting to feel crazy for liking the OEM's so much.

Didn't you get them for free?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back