The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Oct 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #2,537 of 4,317
Do they sound as good as some of you say? Like a Denon D2000, better than an ATH-M50, etc? It's very hard to believe. How about the treble? Do cymbals sound realistic? How about decay?

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,541 of 4,317
Quote:
You can also order them from comply directly. The size that fits mine "tightly" are the T500 or Ts500. I like the Ts (round version) better fit and don't affect the sound as much.
"20offcomply" gets you 20 percent off of your first order there. Just search for their website. I think it's complyfoam.com or something.

I'm looking at the Comply website. They have 4 different models for the T-series tips. I can't tell any differences between the models. The specs seem to to be the same for all of them. So, what gives? How do I know which ones to get? I am leaning towards buying the Comply tips.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #2,542 of 4,317
Click on tip finder..... Then select ultimate ears triplefi10. Boom you are there. They also use the 500 size. Just select the round ones. The ts500 i believe it is. If the coupon dont work ill get u another one.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2,543 of 4,317
Quote:
I'm looking at the Comply website. They have 4 different models for the T-series tips. I can't tell any differences between the models. The specs seem to to be the same for all of them. So, what gives? How do I know which ones to get? I am leaning towards buying the Comply tips.

I suggest the TX-400, then the TS-400 then the T-400, and if your unsure of size, choose medium.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,544 of 4,317
Do they sound as good as some of you say? Like a Denon D2000, better than an ATH-M50, etc? It's very hard to believe. How about the treble? Do cymbals sound realistic? How about decay?

I haven't heard those but I doubt they sound THAT good. They sound like a BA IEM. The sound is clear and they have a flat frequency response. I've got three of the most popular budget IEMs, M9p, JVC extreme explosives and Brainwavz Beta. These are all around $30 and the Monoprice Beat them all hands down (except if your a bass head). What got me was the soundstage and imaging. You can hear the singer in front of you and the instruments positioned on either side of you. If they resigned them with a better cord (it's a tangle monster) added a few more tips (they only come with one pair lol) and gave them a more standard look I'd pay around $70 for them. The only problem with them is the fit because of the large housing containing the 14.2 mm driver and rather short nozzle. Some people can't get them in their ear far enough or can't get them to seal properly. I'd recomend trying the Meelectronic double flange tip, it extends the nozzle about an 1/8 of an inch and the Comply Foam tips for a more universal fit. At $7.11 you really can't go wrong. For me it feels like they took the mold straight from my ears because these fit perfectly in my ear with the stock tips. I even sleep with them.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #2,545 of 4,317
Quote:

I have the M50s and the 8320s are better. They have medium attack and decay which gives an effortlessness to the sound, much like the K240 Studio. The bass has more control than the M50s and the overall sound signature is much more natural. They also have a good soundstage, unlike the M50.

However I'm curious about the other IEMs they have on their site. Im getting a 9398 to check it out.

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2,547 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:
Mine fit fine. Do they usually use IEMs?

Yea, they do.

That's probably the problem. I never wear IEMs so my ear canals aren't stretched or anything from having things in them.

This is a guess. I have absolutely no clue if this is the actual reason.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #2,549 of 4,317
So I've so far foregone getting the Monoprice 9398 after hearing warning that the other similar ones sounded cheap I figured it was not worth it. I am pleased to see someone else on here has ordered some, I am looking forward to the result. One thing I noticed is the stock tips are OK after wearing them for a while. I was carrying my earphones with me and I lost one of the tipe so I pulled the tips off my old 8320s (which were violently broken) and I noticed they actually feel much better as they have softened over time. I have ordered some Sony Hybrid tips and I've taken rikardoliepa's advice and ordered some of those buyincoins tips (8 pairs of tips for less than $2 sounds pretty good). I use Opera browser and ended up with an Invalid Request error 2 or 3 times so hopefully I don't end up with a like fifty tips. One recommendation I have from Monoprice is the 8595 portable speaker. It's on sale now (I just bought one for my dad after he saw mine). It's small, rechargeable and actually sounds surprisingly good for a small, cheap portable speaker. They're selling it for $12.72 on sale I think I paid like $15 for mine before they went on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back