The Kreisler Album
Nov 1, 2008 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gilency

Headphoneus Supremus
I love this CD by Joshua Bell
Amazon.com: The Kreisler Album: Joshua Bell, Fritz Kreisler, Paul Coker: Music

I wonder if you guys (and girls) violin lovers have heard it.
The grandfather of a friend of mine moved from the nazi Germany in the 1930's. He was Kreisler's personal physician (so I am told).
A few years ago I got to see the Kreisler violin (a Guarneri) which was donated to the Library of Congress I believe in 1952. The violin was not on exhibition and I kind of asked an attendant about it, She showed it to me, along with other rare instruments. I was in awe, and imagined Kreisler himself playing it.
Anyways, I think this recording is awsome. Would love to hear your opinions.

Nov 2, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 3
Kreisler's music has beautiful melodic sound that is brought to perfection by Joshua Bell's violin playing. Nobody else familiar with him?

May 10, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 3
I know this thread is kinda dead, but I have to recommend this album. I just recently learned about Kreisler, and I love his music. Joshua Bell's playing is very well suited for Kreisler's music. This recording also has good sound so it serves a good introduction to Kreisler.

Of course, there's also recordings of Kreisler himself playing his own works. The recordings are rather old though, inferior to the Josuha Bell recording in sound quality.

Interestingly enough, I learned about Kreisler as a composer not through listening to violin, but through transcriptions of "Liebeslied" and "Liebesfreud" for piano from an Olga Kern recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back