The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,471 of 8,352
I am thinking your standard drivers would blow but as you know maybe you did a test for all of us. Does your HA-S500 blow when overloaded.? Apparently not. I would just enjoy them. I think bass tames but should still be there after 200 hours. More tighter I thought.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,472 of 8,352
im still waiting for my 500's to come..( damn it is a long wait). just wanted to ask something beforehand. I have a transcend mp330 mp3 player ( cheap stuff :) ). im wondering wether the player can drive the 500's. should i get an something like the e6?

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #1,473 of 8,352
Quote:
im still waiting for my 500's to come..( damn it is a long wait). just wanted to ask something beforehand. I have a transcend mp330 mp3 player ( cheap stuff :) ). im wondering wether the player can drive the 500's. should i get an something like the e6?

The S500s are so sensitive, about anything can drive them to loud volumes. LOL

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #1,474 of 8,352
I am thinking your standard drivers would blow but as you know maybe you did a test for all of us. Does your HA-S500 blow when overloaded.? Apparently not. I would just enjoy them. I think bass tames but should still be there after 200 hours. More tighter I thought.

I'm trying to enjoy them but keep thinking I'm hearing crackling. It's very subtle though and as I said, could all be in my head. As per my edit, the bass is definitely there & tighter as you said. It's just the possible crackling (could be non existent) I'm worrying about. For the most part things sound absolutely fine but sometimes I keep thinking I'm hearing that damn crackling arghh. I'll end up going mad at this rate lol.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,475 of 8,352
Quote:
I'm trying to enjoy them but keep thinking I'm hearing crackling. It's very subtle though and as I said, could all be in my head. As per my edit, the bass is definitely there & tighter as you said. It's just the possible crackling (could be non existent) I'm worrying about. For the most part things sound absolutely fine but sometimes I keep thinking I'm hearing that damn crackling arghh. I'll end up going mad at this rate lol.

That can be the quality of the recording or the bit rate of the source that can play mind games with you. For example, a lot of EDM has pretty poor dynamics and may not have the smoothest highs, and then you imagine it's the headphones/speakers. Happens to me sometimes when I demo new equipment. Get a few lossless, well-produced songs and use that to evaluate. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #1,478 of 8,352
Quote:

Maybe you should just put them down and walk away, and listen tomorrow with a clear head....you worrying about it now may well have your ears playing tricks on you.
smile.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,479 of 8,352
That can be the quality of the recording or the bit rate of the source that can play mind games with you. For example, a lot of EDM has pretty poor dynamics and may not have the smoothest highs, and then you imagine it's the headphones/speakers. Happens to me sometimes when I demo new equipment. Get a few lossless, well-produced songs and use that to evaluate. 

That's exactly what I was thinking of right now. I only hear crackling on certain tracks and it could be the low quality. Tbh it's that subtle I can't even confirm that there is any crackling at all! Definitely paranoia plus a few low quality recordings I think (hope!) :D

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #1,480 of 8,352

I don't really see what the problem is here. You just say "HEY MOM! I hear crackling in my headphones now that YOU BROKE THEM!." And make her buy another pair.

Then later when you realize they are just fine, you have two pairs.. Each with different pads and you have two awesome sounding headphones to choose from :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #1,482 of 8,352

Oh sir yea you don't want to get Doc going on those again. YES! I have tried those and they sound absolutely dreamy :heart_eyes:

If you have them, you should put em on. Check out my previous posts but in a nutshell they really bring out the mids and especially lower mids while not sacrificing the bass or highs. In fact even smooths out the highs a bit. My pads of choice (of course EVERYONE on here knows that so I will just shut-up now).

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,483 of 8,352
I don't really see what the problem is here. You just say "HEY MOM! I hear crackling in my headphones now that YOU BROKE THEM!." And make her buy another pair.
Then later when you realize they are just fine, you have two pairs.. Each with different pads and you have two awesome sounding headphones to choose from :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha! :D

Tbh I'm surprised at how calm I was regarding the whole situation (inside I wasn't obviously! :D). I guess I'll let her off lol as I have good news (I think?).

I heard that crackling on a certain track again so what I did was listened to that same part of the track where it was crackling with my FX 101's and yep, I could still hear the crackling thankfully. Seems to me as if it's definitely a low quality recording and the FX 101 confirmed that too I reckon :D Even if somehow they are damaged (which I now extremely doubt) it's barely noticeable and doesn't take away any enjoyment of the sound these provide. I need to calm it though, the evidence has proven they are fine. They sound just as good to me as they did before, maybe even slightly better. So if I think they sound ok what does it matter anyway, right? There is no point in worrying about it.

Oh and what a difference there is between the S500's & the FX 101's! :eek: It's like night and day! The clarity & fullness of the overall sound on the S500's is mind blowing compared to the FX 101's, which sound 'tinny' in comparison when I used to think they were great!

Now that's over with, I'll now go & purchase those ATH Leathers :D

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #1,484 of 8,352
And that is how my HD25 velours sound. Can someone back me up on this? It has the thickest overall sound a slightly warmish tone to the sound too am I right? 

I don't know Gee I still think you should throw out an emotional plea to your ma's..

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #1,485 of 8,352
Brilliant plan. You gotta make it emotional while having dinner.

That does the trick.

DS ok, u r freaking me out. I have that same pic on my ipad (not a bron fan). First it was the EC thing now this. If only you liked decent earpads (er hem... HD25 pleather cough....) we cld be best buds lol!
:flushed::flushed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back